ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Japan fans not impressed with wwe house shows in Yokohama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2003, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Default Japan fans not impressed with wwe house shows in Yokohama

There is a mixed feeling amongst Japanese fans who have attended the Yokohama Arena shows due to The Rock, Steve Austin, HHH, The Dudley Boys, and other big names not working the shows. Some fans who paid $275 for front row seats were complaining that without the big names, they were kind of bored with the shows. The two big things that got over for WWE on the shows were the bikini contest and Brock Lesnar. Most fans were satisfied with the house shows in Yokohama, but wanted some longer matches. The Undertaker not working the Japan shows was a huge disappointment for the Japanese fans, who out of the WWE wrestlers like him 2nd best to Rock. The novelty's wearing off, and the fans want to see the best from WWE now. The one big theme coming from the shows so far is that the WWE fans in Japan desparately want to see Brock Lesnar vs. Bob Sapp. Mentions of Bob Sapp's name to Lesnar in Japan have been plentiful.

At the shop that sells WWE merchandise in Japan, the boss that runs the marketing group behind it says that he hopes he can generate $3.5 million dollars worth of merchandise sales in 2003.

For those wondering about the booking of the WWE shows in Japan, most of the wrestlers working the shows were not told of who they were facing until literally hours before the first show on 7/17 in Yokohama happened.

Enson Inoue showed up at WWE's 7/17 Yokohama Arena show and said that he was a big fan of Kurt Angle. Inoue showed interest in working in WWE (if the cash was right), but is content with his New Japan work right now. Inoue said that he wouldn't be good in WWE because he's not a very good actor, whereas New Japan is great because "it combines athletic wrestlers with combative sports-style."

This was to be expected. Vince tried to send mediocre wrestlers over to Japan for full house gates, while keeping most of the stars away and they wonder why the shows were horrible in attendance as well as the fans not happy with the product. With the exception of a few stars, most of the roster were 2nd or 3rd stringers that don't get the attention on raw or smackdown.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

man no suprise......if i was a japanaman i would be pissed to.... no bard wire/C4 matches?..... what the fuck is that?....
Old 19 Jul 2003, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Well when the fans are promised the likes of taker, hhh, and many others and they pull out at the last second after the fans paid to see these guys i'd be pissed off to. That's one of the things I like about puro shows, is the only times you see someone no show a card is if it's a family related thing and unless it's birth most of the time they still show up. And at 275.00 a ticket and for the stars to pull out is just wrong.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ma$tA P.I.M.P.

BigPimp is on a distinguished road

Typical WWE screwing the fans again.

*>>> MoD!Vat!oNaL P.!.M.P. <<<*
BigPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2003, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

The bad thing is it had to happen over in japan which sells out some monsterous sized arenas for house shows like the egg dome, tokyo dome, etc. These shows are some of the biggest i've ever seen and they sell that out on a nightly basis. Vince could've had a nice working agreement with Japan and stiffed the fans.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Jesus,275 bucks for a ticket and no big stars?..I would have been extremly pissed...
Old 20 Jul 2003, 02:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
New And Improved, again.

Scrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Scrazy129

Damn,not one entertaing bit that Ive heard about,they should have sent Foley over to Japan for one last Barbed Wire match,that'd be sweet but of not gonna do it,lol.But I wouldnt expect Foley to,he has taken some of the sickest bumps there has been.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Superstar

showstopper496 can only hope to improveshowstopper496 can only hope to improveshowstopper496 can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to showstopper496

crap

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\abdul a shaik\My Documents\pics\Picture 3.jpg[/img]
showstopper496 is offline   Reply With Quote