ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

PWF Smackdown Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default PWF Smackdown Thread

I see some new faces peeking out of the woods. Come post your thoughts on tonights SD and tell everyone else why they're wrong

Vengeance is really starting to take shape, and the July pay-per-view extravaganza will no doubt continue to do so tonight (8/7 CT) when UPN presents SmackDown!

The key players for Vengeance -- which is Sunday, July 27 -- will be at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, for SmackDown! They include Mr. McMahon, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, the Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and many more!

In fact, Mr. McMahon has already ordered the main event for tonight's show. One week after forcing Brock Lesnar to take on three Superstars -- the Big Show and the World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas) -- the WWE chairman this week is forcing Kurt Angle to take on the same three men! Remember, Lesnar & Angle will face the Big Show in a Triple Threat WWE Championship match at Vengeance -- that is, if they make it to Vengeance!

The semifinals U.S. Championship Tournament take place tonight on SmackDown! In one semi, Eddie Guerrero battles Billy Gunn, accompanied by Torrie Wilson. Also, Matt Hardy will face Chris Benoit. The winners of these two matches will go one on one at Vengeance for the U.S. Title.

In more singles competition, the Ultimo Dragon takes on Jamie Noble, and Rhyno tangles with Sean O'Haire.

Plus, the APA, John Cena, Rey Mysterio and much more tonight (8/7 CT on UPN) on SmackDown!

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

I don't get SD until fucking saturday night and i'll not be here, but i'll gladly add my opinions to everyone talking in here.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

lol, that sucks. did you read the spoilers then?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

nope i never read them but i'll participate in the chat if people are here to talk about them. It doesn't bother me to watch the show later and know what's going to happen.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Opening promo was good as it setup a match for later in the show and explained why Kurt didn't help Brock last week.

The opening match between Matt and Benoit was great. Matt was bleeding pretty bad from the nose or mouth on a legit opening. One point in the match he hit 3 Side Effects in a row out of frustration. The match ended when Matt tried a side effect from the bottom rope and Benoit countered it into the Crossface for the submission win.

Other notes: Matt looked fuckin psycho when he mocked Benoit's cutthroat motion and then went for and missed the top turnbuckle flying headbutt.

Great match in my opinion.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Noble comes out and apologizes to Torrie for ONLY offering 10 thousand and said she deserves more than that and ups his offer to 25 thousand, Nidia gets pissed and leaves.

Noble vs Ultimo was a good match, though is was very short. Torrie came out with Gunn and just stood on the stage which caused oble to become distracted and allow Dragon to get some sweet lookin roll up pin for the win.

Torrie was lookin hot like always, and Gunn gay like always with the bottom of shirt knotted up. What a fucking waste his return has been.

Shot then changes to night time in a graveyard and Cena pops in front of it and cuts one of his rap promos against Taker. It's cool as hell and ends with him urinating on a headstone.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

APA is passing our flyers for their first annual Bar Room Brawl at Vengeance. They hand out one to Spanky and argue for a minute of he's old enough or not. They then hand out one to Kanyon and he says he can't make it cuz he just moved and is getting his cable installed.

Next match is Rey Rey and Kidman vs Conquistadores 45 and 47. Nice banter back and forth between Cole and Tazz about the numbers and who is who. Funny stuff (it's hard to believe, I know). Match saw the end when Rey Rey hit the 619 and then Kidman hit the SSP.

Overall a good match with nice commentary.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Benoit is my pick to win it all and no matter what they do the fans are going to mark out for eddy.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

the end of smack down was total bullshit..... seriously....i dont care who the fuck you are man....no one can take on three guys at once like that....
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

No chance hits for the second time of the night and Vince starts talkin about Sable and Steph and how he has Sable in a secure location to protect Steph from her. Then he starts to talk about Zach Gowen and his match against him at Vengeance. Cena's music hits Vince looks pissed off and asks him what the hell he's doin. Cena tells him to calm down then cuts a funny ass promo on Zach. Taker's music hits and he comes out on his bike. Cena throws the ring steps to block his path. Taker gets off and cena hops in the ring. Taker goes to get in but Cena attacks him. Taker whisp into the ropes then hits a big boot as Cena rolls out and stumbles up the ring.

Funny ass fuckin promo by Cena.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Next match is supposed to be Rhyno vs O'Haire. O'Haire attacks Rhyno and the bell never rings as they fight outside the ring. O'Haire starts choking him with a cable as APA's music hits. They hand out a flyer to Sean and then try to hand one to Rhyno even though he is laying on the ground. O'Haire attacks Bradshaw and then Ron Simmons attacks O'Haire. Rhyno comes to and tries to Gore O'Haire buts hit Simmons instead. Bradshaw then takes out Rhyno as O'Haire leaves with flyer in hand and says he will be there. Rhyno is out on the floor and APA leaves a flyer next to him.

Sable then bitches about her wine not being chilled.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

why you postin that man...smack down already ended like 17 minutes ago
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

For some ppl it's still on WGJ.....Stick you make me proud, you have the pbp abilities like I once did....keep it up
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Next match is the US Title semi final match between Gunn and Eddy. I thought it was a great match with Gunn using a couple sweet ass power moves. He hit like a combination hip toss turned into a brain buster that was wicked cool. He also hit his Cobra Clutch slam. Nice back and forth between the two. Ending came when Noble ran out with a chair. He dropped it when the ref tried to keep him out of the ring. Eddy pushed Gunn into the ref then picked up the chair and knocked the shit out of him with it. He then dropped the chair and layed down like he had been hit to confuse the ref. Ref turned around and wasn't sure what to think. Eddy slowly came to and then groggily pinned Gunn. He had a smirk on his face to the crowd but the ref couldn't see it.

Josh Matthews tried to interview Sable and she asked the waitress for more wine. Steph brought it in and pured it on her. Sable then pushed Steph over some furniture then threw her on the bar all over the food (cakes, pies, etc). Josh tried again to talk to Sable so she hit him in the face with a pie. Steph then got up covered with food and attacked Sable. Security then came in and broke it up. Very very nice cat fight.

Quote:
Originally posted by Drk~ngl
For some ppl it's still on WGJ.....Stick you make me proud, you have the pbp abilities like I once did....keep it up
Thanks man. That means a lot considering you were one of the best PBPers from everything I have heard.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 09:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

First half of the ME (IE pre last commercial break of the show) has been pretty good so far. Nice bit with Angle hitting Benjamin to the top of the turnbuckle then irish whipping Haas into his crotch then Haas falling over and then Benjamin falling off into Haas' lower region. Show was setting up the ring steps in front of the announce table just like last week. Various weapons have also been used in the match since it's no holds barred.