ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE pulling for NWA backstage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jul 2003, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Default WWE pulling for NWA backstage

Word is that the WWE either signed Shannon "Daffney" Ward to a developmental deal yesterday or will be offering her one. I don't have it 100% confirmed so take it as a rumor until we say otherwise, but that is the word making the rounds. For what it's worth, she was backstage at the NWA TNA show last night and has been at the company's recent shows.

Speaking of NWA TNA, it's interesting to note that in the last few weeks a number of WWE wrestlers and employees have all been pulling for the company to make it and become profitable. The general feeling among them is that is that is that if TNA does make it in the long term, it will give wrestlers another place to work and hopefully will help to stir the juices of the creative team.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't think it's so much to give them another place to work, as it is friends that the guys have and people that have been let go can find another solid company to work for. It's also a sign that wrestling is gaining popularity again and that the biz might be in an up swing if TNA can succeed. I doubt the locker room wants to see any of their colleages jobless...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

I think it's a case of a lot of wrestlers aren't being used backstage to their liking, or under used which is the case for quite a few and hope that NWA does go mainstream because that'd give them another spot to shine which I do agree with.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well for a certain group yeah. If you're Tommy Dreamer or something, you could go to TNA and be a star, but right now, the incentive isn't there. I don't think it's something the top guys are worried about, or even the young guys just coming in over the last year or so. But for the wcw guys who never found a spot to work with, it'd be a more likely scenario.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Jul 2003, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

I think RVD's contract is up at the end of this year and I could see him leaving, as well as guys like Lance Storm and even Rhyno who aren't being given shit let alone pushed, while others who have had a dozen or so pushes have flopped every single time yet continue to get pushed.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

They could prolly survive without Test. I do remember hearing RVD saying something about it in an interview not that long ago. He was bitching he was in a team with Kane and pissed cause he wasn't headlining WM and all that. Rhyno hasn't bean off the dl long enough to complain and they were pushing him hard before he got injured. But that's what I mean about the guys that would go over if they could get paid for it and have a steady job there, would do well there. But who knows how long it'll take for TNA to be able to lure the talent away from wwe and provide incentive for it. And I don't think the underused guys in wwe would be enough to really take wwe down in another fed.

I know I won't be losing any sleep over RVD not being in WWE, hell, I'll pack his bags for him.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

You're always going to be a thorn in my side aren't you exo? LMAO

I see your point but I also think that this will give "superstars" an alternative to go to. Without competetion wrestling isn't as attractive and with a monoply of the business it's worse. I mean vince is like if george steinbrenner owned 90% of the mlb teams and was allowed to pick and choose what players went where and had the power to solidfy his team and let the rest suffer, it'd be boring as hell.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

lmao, It's all in the fairness of debate

Competition is good for everybody. Baseball needs a salary cap. And RVD can carry TNA, but not WWE.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Ok, do you think it's fari that Kane who's been given more pushes for the world title deserves yet ANOTHER one over the likes of lance storm or RVD? RVD hasn't been given the chance to show us what he could do in a real monsterous world title fued. Same can be said with the SD side. Do you think it's fair to see the big show get his 100th push over the likes of Chris Benoit or that Benoit is being over shadowed by the return of Kurt Angle or Billy Gunn?
Old 10 Jul 2003, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'll jump right in here and say that on the SD side, I WANT Benoit to get a push for the HW Title, but on Raw I don't want RVD anywhere near it. He bores me to hell. His matches bore me. Maybe he was big shit in ECW, but he sucks now. I never watched ECW, but I'm pretty sure it was a completely different style than WWE and his style just doesn't mesh with WWE's. Aside from his shitty matches, his promos are gay too. It all sounds forced and without any emotion. Even when he was 'yelling' at Kane a couple Raws ago, that emotion sounded so fake. He just isn't a natural on the mic. I know the same could be said for Benoit, but his matches are always stellar. He shows passion and emotion and the promos he does cut, though they aren't great, they don't seem forced. I guess what I'm saying is it's fair for Kane to get pushed on Raw over RVD, but not fair on SD for Benoit....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

*condems you to one year of odditie matches*

Good points,.....BUT......RVD is missing a manager. Having Bill Alfonso as his manager made ALL the difference in the world. He can put on some spectacular matches but his mic skills are in need of work, though many have held titles without mic skills i.e. yokozuna for example. If he were paired with a good mouth piece for a manager he'd go a lot further which is why I thought he'd be a good fit for evolution where Flair could do the talking for him. But I do think he'd be a good addition for NWA, and a lot of the talent that should be pushed in wwe now that isn't would get their shot there. Hell d'lo and raven have revived their careers there wit a lot of good talent and please.....before anyone bashes their product don't speak if you've not seen at least 6 months of the companies shows and can actually give good reasons why they suck? That's NOT directed to anyone inparticular either.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I for one hope this is true and the WWE has finally realized that competition is what keeps this business alive. It's not always about Vince's "brilliant" ideas, and I hope he figures that out before yet another company comes around and nearly takes the WWE down.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Exactly ^^^^^ See that's one thing i've loved about the nwa to date. They do something that the wwe doesn't. THEY SHOWCASE INDY AND INTERNATIONAL TALENT!!! Shit the wwe had joe legend as just joe and buried him in heat matches and now he's teaming up with shane douglas and facing jeff jarett. The wwe refused to take daniels, low ki and elix skipper due to height and they are awesome in the tag team and x division. NWA has it's faults yes but vince is refusing to go after the indy talent and international and that's a big hurt right there imo.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well... I was inferring to the fact Vince doesn't take anyone else's ideas too seriously. He did that back when WCW was starting to gain momentum and it almost cost him his company. As many good ideas as the man has, it doesn't mean ALL of his ideas are good.
Old 10 Jul 2003, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

Vince has said it himself over the last year that he doesn't know what the fans want anymore and he's out of ideas. All he has to do is expose his product to international and indy wrestlers but he refuses to try and build anyone up from the indy or international world and give them exposure for god knows what reason.