ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Racism in the WWE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2003, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Racism in the WWE.

It is very evident that the WWE shows prejudice to its black wrestlers, Booker T being the main one. At Wrestlemania, everyone and their brother was kicking out of his opponent's finisher, except Booker T. Booker T has only been able to get pinfalls over Trips in tag matches or non title matches, or usually beats Trips via DQ. This is all obvious but it doesn't necessarily mean they are pejudiced against him. However, I was just reading a thread in here (one about Nathan Jones) and something popped into my head. Why do they always have King rag on Booker for his arrest and his jailtime, but when they were hyping Nathan Jones, they used his jailtime and his charges, which were far more serious than Booker's, to glorify him? In my opinion, that is very messed up. I think that ultimately shows that they really are prejudiced and racist against Booker T and the other black wrestlers.

Just a thought that I had. Contribute more, share your thoughts, add your two pennies, but no ignorant ass remarks please.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

hmmmm I just now noticed that I think it is very stupid of wwe to do that but of course wwe hasnt been known to be very smart lately
Old 22 Jun 2003, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZMaster

Let me add to this. Let's go back to Wrestlemania. It seems odd that Booker T was orignially planned to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Of course, it seems that one of the writers has a grudge against black people. I'm not black but that is complete BS. How about Judgment Day? Another controvesial match and most recent Badd Blood? Does racism ring a bell? Even Booker was upset about the match. I can imagine if things don't change, Booker T will quit the WWE because of racism.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

50bars is on a distinguished road

I agree with the whole " jail " thing. And how come they dont say anything about Triple H being in jail for a couple of months ?

50bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ladies Dig The Black Belt

BlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to BlackBeltDude

Eh no offense... I'm not prejudiced at all... but I don't think black people or anyone for that matter should be bitching about racism since no one seems to complain when it's the other way around.

When Triple H made comments about black people... shit hit the roof! Everyone was bitching about how that isn't right. But when Theodore Long... Rodney Mack and Jazz bitch about how great blacks are and how much white people suck... that's just good television, EH?!!!!!!!

This Is My House... We Play By My Rules... First Rule Is I Never Lose In My House! You're Just A Guest... You Might Be Good But I'm The Best! I Don't Care Where You've Been... Or What You've Done Before... 'Cause It's A Whole New Game When You Walk Through My Door! THIS IS MY HOUSE!!

<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 8pt; background-color: silver; font-weight: ; color:blue"> <br />
<option>" Muh Peepz"</option> <br />
<option>Fr. $ubmi$$ion</option> <br />
<option>Tyler Durden</option> <br />
<option>Exodus</option> <br />
</select> <br />
BlackBeltDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
BlackBeltDude said in post # :
Eh no offense... I'm not prejudiced at all... but I don't think black people or anyone for that matter should be bitching about racism since no one seems to complain when it's the other way around.

When Triple H made comments about black people... shit hit the roof! Everyone was bitching about how that isn't right. But when Theodore Long... Rodney Mack and Jazz bitch about how great blacks are and how much white people suck... that's just good television, EH?!!!!!!!
I didn't say anything was wrong with HHH saying things about black people, because that was part of the storyline. The Theodore Long and Rodney Mack and Jazz thing is a storyline as well.

The beef I have, is how they have King rag on Booker every show because of his jailtime, but then they glorified Nathan Jones for his. I know that Kings saying that is part of his announcing gimmick role, but why rag on Booker for his past, but then glorify Nathan Jones for his?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2003, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZMaster

I haven't the slightest clue. Umm....they like Nathan Jones?
Old 23 Jun 2003, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

whatsabattle is on a distinguished road

Booker T losing to HHH at Wrestlemania, was HHH's idea, because HHH wants to hold the belt longer, it wasn't because he was black it's just, HHH is a selfish bastard. I don't understand why he lost at Badd Blood, in his hometown. He lost in Houston twice. One was at Badd Blood, and another was a Tag Match against 3 minute warning which he was pinned. I don't know how Booker T is able to not speak out against this, but WWE punishes people who speak their mind and the truth. i.e. rvd saying how HHH was a politician, and what happens to RVD? He is a host at the World during a PPV. Good workers like Booker T, get screwed because of politicans like HHH.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhhpunchout.jpg (23.6 KB, 10 views)
whatsabattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2003, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
I didn't say anything was wrong with HHH saying things about black people, because that was part of the storyline. The Theodore Long and Rodney Mack and Jazz thing is a storyline as well.

The beef I have, is how they have King rag on Booker every show because of his jailtime, but then they glorified Nathan Jones for his. I know that Kings saying that is part of his announcing gimmick role, but why rag on Booker for his past, but then glorify Nathan Jones for his?
I don't really know. It seemed to be a way to get them over. Jones was more about showing him as this uncontrolled monster with no conscience and that he could snap at any time. I think in a couple of his vignents, that's what they were conveying. As a way to get his gimmick over.

With Booker T, it's more like to say he's overcome a lot of adversity and problems in his life and that he's really going for his goals now. King will say some smartass remark and then JR counters with saying how far he's come and what he's accomplished. I don't think it's racially motivated. They're doing a simalar thing with Zach, by having McMahon put him down but then showing Hogan or somebody saying how he's actually really courageous.

They pulled this shit with Kane not that long ago to with the crappy Katie Vick story. Trips is putting him down while they're really pushing him as the good guy and that he's had his demons to overcome. They are just trying to get some crowd sympathy.

The only times when I'm bothered is when they do the racial stable or anti america gimmicks. It's so overplayed.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2003, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

what773 is on a distinguished road

im not a racist im just saying that no one should complain about racism, king rags on booker because king is like the bad guy announcer and jr is the good jr always says that king is wrong when he talks like that, and if im not mistaking, it was tazz that made remarks like i hope that jones dosent steal my watch and the whole long thing where he says that the white man is always trying to bring him down, booker loses the title to hhh because booker may have won the title 5 times in wcw but in wwe they have turned him into a mid-carder,the ic is a storyline to get more heel heat against christian, there are arguements from blacks whites and for the people like me who just sit back and watch

what
what773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2003, 01:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

From what Ive read......Booker did those crimes. Jones was innocent and was sent to prison. While in prison he killed or hurt someone in self defense but it still added time to his time in jail. And WWE did a special on him and Booker T on Confedincial.

Its no doubt that Booker T deserves a belt. But hes already held HHHs belt five times. He will hold the Itercontinantel belt Im sure.....but to slightly push Christians heel status.....he needed to hold the belt for a while longer....and to win it by cheating. What HHH is doing by holding the WC Belt for this long is bringing credit back to the belt. Lets remember that that chick from "Friends" you know Chandlers wife.....well her real life husband once held the belt that HHH holds. That belt definately doesnt need to be bounced around.......or given to Stiener or Nash right away. Booker is def deserving........but like I said hes had it 5x already.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2003, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
ZMaster

Quote:
whatsabattle said in post # :
Booker T losing to HHH at Wrestlemania, was HHH's idea, because HHH wants to hold the belt longer, it wasn't because he was black it's just, HHH is a selfish bastard. I don't understand why he lost at Badd Blood, in his hometown. He lost in Houston twice. One was at Badd Blood, and another was a Tag Match against 3 minute warning which he was pinned. I don't know how Booker T is able to not speak out against this, but WWE punishes people who speak their mind and the truth. i.e. rvd saying how HHH was a politician, and what happens to RVD? He is a host at the World during a PPV. Good workers like Booker T, get screwed because of politicans like HHH.
I agree with you 100%. I do think that the WWE has something against Booker because he actually was a 5 time WCW Champion. Why the hell are they keep pulling this? To piss people off?
Old 24 Jun 2003, 02:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

whatsabattle is on a distinguished road

this world championship belt, or the hhh belt isn't the same as the WCW belt, it doesn't have the history of the belt. I don't know, what the deal is. Goldberg's cleanest loss was against Booker T, and yet HHH can't job to him as a heel. Maybe HHH is jealous, because Booker gets respect.
whatsabattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2003, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

if snyone thinks booker t is the victim of racism just tremember the episode of raw/confidential where booker t took us on a tour of his house.

poor booker

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2003, 12:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
ZMaster

HHH is jealous. If he wasn't dating Stephanie McMahon and getting married to her, would he be the World Heavyweight Champ? No, guys like Booker get screwed on purpose for whatever reason. I still believe that they (the creative team) HATE Booker T.