ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Cena, a Face???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
confused Cena, a Face???

I was reading through some odd bits lately, and I'm wondering if Cena is getting a little too over. He seems to be doing great and I've been loving his shit for a while now. Just wondering if he's got the potential to be driven face by the fans in one of those bizzare situations where the fans love the bad guy. What would it take to for him to be a major face? How would he get more over? Or, can his gimmick carry him that much farther, or will he have to evolve it even more. It's come a long ways from the first bad white boy rap thing he started with. Does anybody else even give a shit?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
New And Improved, again.

Scrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Scrazy129

I think he is best with his gimmick with a heel reaction.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

he needs to stay a heel
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Right, he's doing great as a heel, but what happens when he gets pops from the fans on a regular basis. And the fans turn him babyface, even if he's a heel...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
New And Improved, again.

Scrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to beholdScrazy129 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Scrazy129

He needs to put some more shit-knockinn town insults
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
Right, he's doing great as a heel, but what happens when he gets pops from the fans on a regular basis. And the fans turn him babyface, even if he's a heel...

yeah I could see him suffering from the same shit rock and austin had where no matter how bad ass he acts the fans cheer
Old 13 Jun 2003, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

His gimmick has definitely come a long ways and he could be like SCSA and The Rock where he gets pops. Last night was evident that the crowd likes his gimmick because you could see a lot of them throwin up the double hands thing he does and went nuts when he cut his rap (it was off the hook last night by the way ).

As I have said before, I didn't like his rap gimmick at first, but when his persona evolved and became vicious, ruthless, mean, etc and not going for laughs, that's when I started to like it. He has also gotten better in the ring since he first debuted against Angle with his ruthless aggression (and that was a really good match too). I honestly see him as one of the major players in the near future, as well as for many years to come if he can continue to evolve and not get stale. I believe he will do just that too because he has already proven very versatile with his characters and personas.

Oh yeah, thanks for putting that it isn't a spoiler EXO, ya smartassed bastard
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah when he first debuted the gimmick I was thinking it was going to come off as some heel version of too cool but he really took off with it and made it his own and for that hes got my respect for that and the fact that he has the talent to back it up
Old 13 Jun 2003, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

The only reason Cena is "over" and as popular as he is, is cause of his "rapper" gimmick. Change his gimmick and turn him face = prototype.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I dont think he could use it as a face,just don't think it would work right,but you know I have to say I liked the way they were useing him when he first came in.I just never could get into the whole rap thing and have'nt liked him sence.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

RytriX04 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RytriX04

he'll probably remain hell as long as he talks smack about the city hes in
RytriX04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Lobo is on a distinguished road

John Cena is one of the few people who have really evolved as a wrestler over the last year.

If you look at him when he was in OVW as "The Prototype" compared to now, He has most definitly come a long way.

I like the way he is able to play the crowds almost anyway he wants to. And considering he writes alot of his own "raps" he is doing great.

So to answer the original question of the thread. Yeah i think he could easly pull off being a face, But leave him as a heel for now.
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2003, 11:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The problem is...he's way to good at what he does to be a heel.