ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Undertaker Shoot Interview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2003, 06:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Undertaker Shoot Interview

Interview w/WWE's The Undertaker at UFC 43
Reported By: Boxing Insider - 06.12.2003 03:59 AM
Please Note: This interview may be re printed on any website that wishes to reprint it. All we ask is you don't edit it. Thank you.

The following is a transcript a quick interview Boxinginsider.com conducted with WWE's The Undertaker backstage immediately following UFC 43: Meltdown.

BoxingInsider.com: Do you get any pointers from watching the UFC or incorporate any of the styles into your training and arsenal of pro wrestling moves?

The Undertaker: Oh definatly. I come out here. I study this. I am a big fan of UFC and Mixed Martial Arts. I try and incorporate some of this stuff into what we do. I think it makes my style of wrestling more unique when I can incorporate some of this stuff.

BoxingInsider.com: How do you compare the conditioning of the athletes in the UFC compared to the conditioning of the in the WWE?

The Undertaker: I am sure it is pretty similar... These guys... (Interrupted by fans)...

BoxingInsider.com: Do you see the WWE working with the UFC in the future?

The Undertaker: Who's to say? Our sport is becoming more and more physical and its becoming more athletically enhanced so who's to know. I think UFC is the wave of the future, probably the WWE in the future will progress into a whole less entertainment and a lot more hard fought battles ... not that their not.. Just not as big an emphasis put on the entertainment aspect.

BoxingInsider.com: If you were a few years younger would you like to compete in the UFC?

The Undertaker: Oh, Id Love to! I'd like to have given it a shot in the old UFC, even now Id give it a shot ... even now ... these guys are so well. These guys are so well versed in grappling, striking, kicking, submissions; it really has progressed into a science. I am a huge fan of this. For that reason alone these guys are some of the baddest dudes in the world because you don't know where it is going to come from. You don't know if you are going to get punched or taken down or submitted ... you don't know ... when they call it ultimate fighting, this is it cause it incorporates every style, every facet of hand to hand combat and mixed martial arts. This is awesome. I am a huge fan of UFC.

BoxingInsider.com: A few wrestling questions. What is your opinion of the Internet and how it has changed the wrestling business?

The Undertaker: I don't know that it really changed the business. I don't really have too many positive things to say about the Internet a lot of people are self professed experts that have never been in the ring, never booked a territory and never been responsible for their writing actions. But a lot of people can sit back and criticize what we do. I try not to pass judgments till I walked in someones shoes.

If it was up to the Internet and we did what they suggested there would probably be a lot whole lot less people watching. They are a very small group. I am not talking about the all of the Internet there are a lot of fan based sites that are really good and they remember that they are fans.

But these guys that think they are wrestling experts, I think they are a joke, they are people who forgot they are only fans. They take themselves way too seriously. They need to remember that we do this for their entertainment and should stop critiquing and enjoy it for what it is.

BoxingInsider.com: Triple H has been getting a lot of criticism for to having "too much stroke" in the company because he is with Stephanie McMahon. Do you have any comments on that?

The Undertaker: You know, that is going to come with the territory. When you are involved with someone from the McMahon family that is going to come with the territory regardless if it is true or not. I know Triple H loves this business, puts his heart and soul into it.

I am sure some of the criticism he gets is unwarranted and it's perceived that he has 'all this stroke.'

He does a lot of thinking for the rest of the company not even for just his own angles and his own personal benefit. He is a student of the game. He is going to have to learn, as is Stephanie that they are going to have to roll with the punches and this thing, it was their choice to be together and now they have to face the consequences which is idle rumors and chit chat about his stroke and what he does.

BoxingInsider.com: How is your Elbow? (Undertaker recently had elbow surgery)

The Undertaker: The Undertaker: Elbow is coming along, Id say its about 80 percent the surgery was a real success, I got to go on the road now. I get on the red eye out of here. Have to be in Austin tomorrow night to wrestle tagging with Brock Lesnar with the FBI going around the loop right now. Its coming I'm in good shape and hopefully Ill be able to get this thing back to 100 percent and pick it up a notch.

BoxingInsider.com: How many more years do you think you have left in wrestling?

The Undertaker: As long as I can compete with these kids and stay at their level. I have a huge advantage in that I understand this business and I know what I am doing. It's always going to be a physical thing for me.

But as long as I can go out there and compete which I feel I can do then I am going to hang around. I definitely don't want to be there when people are out there in the audience saying you know you should have seen him when he could do this and he could do that. I have rededicated myself into being in the best possible shape and being the best I can be. That is all I can do.

BoxingInsider.com: Thank you very much.

The Undertaker: No Problem.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2003, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

quote: "The Undertaker"

If it was up to the Internet and we did what they suggested there would probably be a lot whole lot less people watching. They are a very small group. I am not talking about the all of the Internet there are a lot of fan based sites that are really good and they remember that they are fans.

End Quote.

i agree with the undertaker man..... if it was up to us the wrestling world would crumble...... half of us dont know what the fuck we want....
Old 12 Jun 2003, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Quote:
WPG Juggalo said in post # :
quote: "The Undertaker"

End Quote.

i agree with the undertaker man..... if it was up to us the wrestling world would crumble...... half of us dont know what the fuck we want....
You know you make a good point,that is true.One min. we want this the next min. we want that.Good thing they don't always lisen to us.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2003, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

It's true.but It's likely that it won't be changing anytime soon.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

undertaker was 100% right.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^ He is a lot of the time.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Lobo is on a distinguished road

I dont think anybody in the wrestling world has more credibility then The Undertaker. He made some really solid points in that interview
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2003, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Just one question? Can we keep PHENOM from finding out we said this shit?