ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Catch up with The Rock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jun 2003, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Catch up with The Rock

Rock ‘just wanted to be part of the show’
by Phil Speer

SAN DIEGO – June 2, 2003 – The Rock has already proven that if he and WWE are in the same town, and he doesn’t have an unbreakable, all-day commitment, he will drop by the WWE arena to greet his Superstar peers and entertain the fans.
He’s done just that at WWE events in Miami and Los Angeles. He did it again tonight at the San Diego Sports Arena.
“I knew I was going to be out here, and I knew they were going to be out here,” The Rock told WWE.com. “I just wanted to be part of the show in any capacity. I just wanted to be part of the show and have fun the way I did.”
The Rock is currently doing pre-production work in Los Angeles on his third feature-film starring role, “Walking Tall.” He starts filming in three weeks. Pre-production is slightly less grueling than filming, so he had the opportunity to jump in his SUV and come to the show tonight; if he were filming, he wouldn’t have had time.
He wanted to come to tomorrow’s SmackDown! taping in Anaheim, Calif., but he’s leaving town.
Backstage at the San Diego Sports Arena, The Rock was like a human pinball, bouncing around from person to person, commitment to commitment. The “pre-tape room” wanted five minutes to do an interview for “WrestleMania: The Movie.” Every Superstar on the roster, and several competitors who hope to one day make it to the roster, wanted to say hello. Security guards backstage wanted his autograph. A child from the Make-A-Wish Foundation wanted to meet him (The Rock always has time for that). The “Great One” earned his nickname in these situations – he seems to always get to everyone, without ever seeming rushed.
Then, doing the show, he participated in Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel, and complete anarchy ensued when he jumped out into the crowd.
“I wanted to kind of walk up the arena stairs and talk to people as I went up, whether it be a little kid or an old dude or a girl, or whoever,” he said. “But I got about 10 feet out there and I couldn’t move anymore. It kind of gets scary because the people are so excited – which is cool – but security can be really overwhelming and rough, and they were pushing the s*** out of these people, and I was looking at (the fans) faces, and it’s like, ‘Damn.’ I could see that they were kind of scared of really getting pushed. It’s almost like they were kind of getting trampled. That’s why I looked at security and said, ‘OK. We’re going back. I’m stopping right here.
’ I just happened to stop in front of college kids who had been drinking for the past 72 hours.”
But even out in the crowd, Rock didn’t lose his cool. Overall, he said he thoroughly enjoyed his first experience in front of WWE fans since April’s Backlash.
“I had a f***ing blast, and I’m sorry for cursing,” Rock said. “That’s how excited I am. I want to thank the fans for letting me go out there, entertain them and run my mouth. More importantly than that, I want to thank the boys in the back for letting me come on to their show. I know their schedule, I know how hard it is, and I know that they’re on the grind. I feel them. Thank you for letting your boy come back and do his thing!”
The Rock is unsure when he’ll get the opportunity to do it again. “Walking Tall” should be finished in early September.
“The whole cast is set,” The Rock said. “We’re good. We’re ready to go. We’ve got Johnny Knoxville and Neal McDonough, from ‘Boomtown’ and ‘Minority Report,’ who’s the main bad guy. Johnny Knoxville (plays) my right-hand man.”
The day after filming raps, he’ll hit the road to promote “The Rundown” (formerly “Helldorado” and “Welcome to the Jungle”), which hits theaters Sept. 26. The movie’s trailer will debut at the screening of “The Hulk” and “T3,” and then precede several major motion pictures after that.
The Rock has already seen a version of “The Rundown.”
“It’s a lot of comedy, a lot of action, and a great story with great characters,” he said. “Seann William Scott did a great job, Rosario Dawson did great. And it was an honor and a privilege to work with Christopher Walken because he is just flat-out a bad son of a bitch.”
Promoting “The Rundown” will last well into October, even after the movie comes out. Then he plans to take a month and a half or two months off. “I have to, just to go home and kick it with my family,” he said.
In January, “The Rundown” premieres internationally, meaning he’ll be traveling all over the world to promote the movie.
The Rock said that if his schedule allows, he’d love to be at WrestleMania XX in Madison Square Garden.
“I’d love to come back and do something, maybe another match with ol’ whisker biscuit,” he said, referring to Goldberg.
But he said that if everything works out with scheduling, he may make another surprise appearance like he did tonight. “I would love to,” he said. “Absolutely.”

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2003, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Gotta give it up for The Rock. Anyone who calls him a sell-out is a fucking idiot.

How often does George Clooney take a break from his busy Hollywood schedule to help out ER's ratings?

Rock's a class act, and a professional. Even if he does have so much money he can wipe his ass with it.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2003, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Hell yeah,that was so cool of him to come hear...

We got lucky here in San Diego since that was a one time thing for awhile....but I had a fuckin blast!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2003, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Rock is a class act. What a great guy, making time for everyone, especially the Make-A-Wish Foundation kid.

Much props go out to him for being one of the greats in the wrestling business. It was a great segment with him, and I hope that he gets to make another surprise appearance sometime down the road.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2003, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I expect the Rock to be on Raw next week in his home town to complete the face turn.
Old 05 Jun 2003, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

big up for The Rock