ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

New PPV format

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2003, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf
Default New PPV format

Even though the RAW only PPV this month seems to be pretty solid, you have to wonder how it will hold up in the long run. Can Smackdown put up enough good talent to last a whole PPV? One good thing about the new format is that it makes more time to build up storylines.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default Re: New PPV format

Quote:
Chris Benoit said in post # :
One good thing about the new format is that it makes more time to build up storylines.
^^^exactly

Im sure the Raw brand will be able to hold it's own with all the big name player's they have on the roster. Smackdown is more of a question mark, they have limited talent considering the fact that Hogan and Taker are both "has been's" and Steph is doing a horrible job as gm, hopefully Vinny Mac will replace her with Shane
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

Actually, I have been more worried if Raw could put together a full PPV. Cause in my opion, Smackdown has all of the talent. I mean lets look at the list of top talent from both shows.

HHH
Nash
Shawn Michales
Ric Flair
Kane
Jericho
Hurricane
Booker T
Christian
The Dudleyz
Trish Stratus
Goldberg
RVD

Kurt Angle
Chris Beniot
Brock Lesnar
Eddie Gurrero
Rhyno
Undertaker
Rey Mysterio
Matt Hardy Version 1
Team Angle
John Cena
Sean O'Haire
Mr. America
Big Show
A-Train
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Torrie Wilson
Sable

Now who do you think can put on a better PPV? Raw or Smackdown?

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.

Last edited by The Bleak; 03 Jun 2003 at 12:08 AM.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Finally a couple other people other than Exo and myself that see the benefits of the brand only PPVs.

Not only will there be more buildup for the feuds and storylines, it won't be rushed through as quickly as they have been doing. There will also be room to have surprise TV title changes (at least on the Raw side since they don't have entire show spoilers).

I think that SD will be able to hold it's own. Sure they don;t have a ton of big name stars, but they do have some damn good vets as well as some younger talent.

Kurt Angle (returning this week)
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
Benoit
Haas and Benjamin
Mysterio
Guerreros (minus Chavo right now)
Tajiri
Brian "Spanky" Kendrick
FBI (Nunzio, Palumbo, Stamboli)
Rhyno
Big Show
Basham Brothers (debuted last week and were solid)
Matt Hardy and his MFers
Sean O'Haire
Noble
Taker
Hogan
Mr. America
Kidman (injured)
Edge (injured)

In my opinion, that is PLENTY of talent to fill any given PPV card.

Now with the brand extension being pushed even harder, WWE is staying on track. I think it's a great idea and I'm glad that they haven't scrapped it yet. I'm enjoying both shows right now and I'm glad that I don't have to see certain stars twice a week.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^we've been on the same page about the extension forever. And all your points are exactly true for me. The worst thing I can think of is ending the split and having to watch the same couple guys headline every single show. To bad most ppl don't seem to understand all the benefits the split offers.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

HHH
Nash
Jericho
Booker T
Goldberg
Austin

Kurt Angle
Chris Beniot
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker - hasbeen
Mr. America - hasbeen
Big Show

SD will obviously deliver better quality wrestling matches but Raw will produce more entertainment and shock value. Raw will destroy SD in the PPV bye rate's.
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
ROCKBERG said in post # :

HHH
Nash
Jericho
Booker T
Goldberg
Austin

Kurt Angle
Chris Beniot
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker - hasbeen
Mr. America - hasbeen
Big Show

SD will obviously deliver better quality wrestling matches but Raw will produce more entertainment and shock value. Raw will destroy SD in the PPV bye rate's.
And it's a shame that the same people that will watch Raw PPVs won't wanna watch SD PPVs. Both will be entertaining in their own ways and I believe that if someone is a true wrestling fan, then they would watch both if they have the capabilities to and won't pick between brands.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
And it's a shame that the same people that will watch Raw PPVs won't wanna watch SD PPVs. Both will be entertaining in their own ways and I believe that if someone is a true wrestling fan, then they would watch both if they have the capabilities to and won't pick between brands.
I cant speak for the million's but I havent missed a PPV in 4 year's and I dont plan on missing one any time soon.
Old 03 Jun 2003, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

rawrules is on a distinguished road

well ithink that this is one of the best things to ever happen for the wwe that way we have like 2 month long fued's the will probabley lower the price of ppv they will lower the gay ass promo's on the ppv althought they might lowerit 2 only 2hr's or 21/2 hrs
rawrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2003, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
ZMaster

I see the match pretty much every week. I think the idea of a PPV split sucks right off the bat. It's just too predictable. If they continue it and it fails, that'd make them look like idiots. How about lower the price to maybe $19.95 if they run 2 a month. I still think it doesn't make sense at all.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 04:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

ive only ever seen the one PPV, backlash 2003, and it was sweet
Old 04 Jun 2003, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Driven1287 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Driven1287

I like the seperate brand PPVs. I think it will give the midcarders more & better feuds and they will be included on the PPVs. The Titles won't change hands as much, which will give the titles more credibility. They have more time to make a feud look great, plus if a feud goes bad, they can change it around. I really like the idea.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Hopefully one day we could see a Raw vs Smackdown PPV without ending The Roster Split.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2003, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
ZMaster

I'm sorry if I'm anti-split. I never liked the move personally. The only way I might accept it is if they have more matches on TV, more title defenses and less predictability. As far as separate PPVs, if it flops, it will return to 1 a month with everybody there. I don't think they need the guy as champ forever.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
ZMaster said in post # :
I'm sorry if I'm anti-split. I never liked the move personally. The only way I might accept it is if they have more matches on TV, more title defenses and less predictability. As far as separate PPVs, if it flops, it will return to 1 a month with everybody there. I don't think they need the guy as champ forever.
I'm with you. I never liked the idea of the roster split, and I probably never will. The WWE has one of the greatest rosters right now, and in 10-15 years you won't be able to say it was so good because everyone was split apart from eachother.