ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Oakland fans get 'One' big return

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2003, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default Oakland fans get 'One' big return

te article from WWE.com:

by Phil Speer

OAKLAND, Calif. -– June 1, 2003 –- Billy Gunn made his first appearance in nearly eight months in front of a WWE crowd tonight and, not surprisingly, the multi-time Tag Team Champion was ecstatic to be back.

“I feel great physically,” Gunn said after his match with John Cena. “Emotionally, I feel unbelievable. I miss this, because this is me. This is what I do.”

Gunn’s adrenaline was flowing so much that he was still breathing heavily several minutes after his match. He was in excellent spirits.

Gunn -– sometimes known as “The One” or, as was the case tonight, “Mr. Ass” –- was last seen by WWE crowds at an Oct. 15 event in London, Ontario. That night, he dislocated his left shoulder, which remained out of socket for an hour, causing nerve damage to his entire left arm.

The injury nearly ended his career. But enough of the nerves have regenerated so that he can use the left arm in WWE rings, although he says he’s being cautious right now, testing out the arm to make sure it’s back at full strength. He spent the last few weeks doing just that at Ohio Valley Wrestling, WWE’s developmental territory.

There’s still some nerve damage. His radial nerve, the one running around his elbow, is not functioning properly, causing numbness in the outside of his arm. He says he’s also numb on both sides of his hands.

“I feels almost like it’s asleep,” he said. “That’ll most likely be permanent.”

From a fan’s perspective, Gunn appeared to be 100 percent healthy during his match tonight, executing a variety of maneuvers with his left arm.

“I felt like I gave (the fans) everything I can at this point,” he said. “All in all, I felt OK tonight. A little rusty maybe –- not as sharp as I’d like to be. More will come back to me as I go on.”

Gunn will wrestle again tomorrow in Sacramento, Calif., and then travel to Anaheim for Tuesday’s SmackDown! taping. He says he doubts that he’ll appear on television – officials first want to give him a few weeks to get reacquainted with the road and the ring -- though he may wrestle in a non-televised match.

At this point, he’s scheduled to continuing traveling with the SmackDown! crew, although that doesn’t completely rule out the possibility of him switching to RAW. As the expression goes, anything can happen in WWE.

For his part, Gunn hopes he remains on SmackDown! because, he said, there is more younger talent on that brand, and he enjoys helping them –- much like he did in OVW these last few weeks.

It’s also unknown exactly what name he’ll use once he’s back on television. It could be Billy Gunn, Mr. Ass or –- who knows? –- maybe even Mr. America.

Gunn says he prefers Mr. Ass, the name and the character. Tonight, he came out to his “Ass Man” theme.

“(Being Mr. Ass) was my deal,” he said. “That was me almost to the fullest –- part exhibitionist, part a-hole, a little arrogant, a little cocky.”

When he finally does return to television, Gunn said, “Hopefully, the people will be as excited to see me as I am to put on a show for them.”

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't think he should be Mr Ass after his gay romance.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Ya the I'm an Ass Man music should never be used again.
Old 02 Jun 2003, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

They should revamp his character completely. No Mr. Ass, no gay ass lips on his tights, completely change his gimmick. If Palumbo can change his gimick from what it was to bein in the FBI and get over, I see no reason why Gunn can't do the same....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Man I wish he'd consider going to RAW, maybe start an Evolution tag team with Randy Orton.
Old 02 Jun 2003, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

The WWE should just resign The Road Dogg to reform The New Age Outlaws because that was the only tag team combination that worked for Billy Gunn.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

No Boston, they shouldn't rehash old storylines. That's already proven to be unsuccessful. They NEED to come up with NEW ideas, not recycle the same crap over and over. What Dade said is a good idea.

If Orton and Batista wouldn't have went down with injuries, Evolution would most likely still be together. Is what they should do is this. When Batista is ready to return, they should have Trips announce that after a speed bump (or something of that nature) that Evolution is back and stronger than ever and has a new member. Then Batista comes out to boos. Everyone thinks that it's just Batista. Then during their 3 way match with whoever they call out (HHH, Orton, Batista vs whoever), Gunn runs out and Evolution clears the ring thinking he's after them for whatever reason, then he attacks whoever they were fighting and joins Evolution.

Evolution (in my opinion) was a new and refreshing idea. What made WWE so great in the Attitude Era was stables. I'm not saying to bring back DX or any other old stable(s), but make new ones and continuing with Evolution would be a good idea and great way for Gunn to return....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

benoitrulez is on a distinguished road

dont cuss billy gunn.fair enuf he did a gay romance but he is one the best athletes wwe have ever seen.the mr.ass gimmick prob wud be stupid bt it wins him fans and they shud try it once agen.

if that dont work they shud try rock-a-billy lol
benoitrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

^^^Do you think he should still come out to his old "ASS MAN" entrance music????^^^
Old 02 Jun 2003, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

I think he should comer back as Mr. Ass. Mr. Ass was funny as hell, and one of my favorite gimmicks ever. Mr. Ass was Billy Gunn at his best. But if they don't go with Mr. Ass, then Billy should come back as "Badd Ass" Billy Gunn.

And yes I think he should use the "Ass Man" music if he returns as Mr. Ass. That theme was won of the best and most orginal themes that the WWE had ever came up with.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

The "Ass Man" theme was the worst entrance music ever!!

...but it should of been Billy & Chuck's wedding song.
Old 02 Jun 2003, 08:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

First off, Gunn should NOT Come back as Mr. ass.

Gunn's had a fair share of crappy gimmicks, A smoking gunn, Mr. ass, a homo, The "One", and of course "Rockabilly"

Gunn needs to be used as an atual superstar, not with some faggy gimick!

Old 02 Jun 2003, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ladies Dig The Black Belt

BlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to BlackBeltDude

"The One" was an actual superstar and not some gimmick. I mean everyone has a little bit of a gimmick... and no matter what anyone says (included Gunn himself), that gimmick had to be the closest to the real him.

This Is My House... We Play By My Rules... First Rule Is I Never Lose In My House! You're Just A Guest... You Might Be Good But I'm The Best! I Don't Care Where You've Been... Or What You've Done Before... 'Cause It's A Whole New Game When You Walk Through My Door! THIS IS MY HOUSE!!

<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 8pt; background-color: silver; font-weight: ; color:blue"> <br />
<option>" Muh Peepz"</option> <br />
<option>Fr. $ubmi$$ion</option> <br />
<option>Tyler Durden</option> <br />
<option>Exodus</option> <br />
</select> <br />
BlackBeltDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2003, 08:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

yeah, though through that gimmick he spent a year on Metal nad Heat!

Old 03 Jun 2003, 12:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ladies Dig The Black Belt

BlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to BlackBeltDude

That gimmick also brought him a decent Intercontinental Title reign as well

This Is My House... We Play By My Rules... First Rule Is I Never Lose In My House! You're Just A Guest... You Might Be Good But I'm The Best! I Don't Care Where You've Been... Or What You've Done Before... 'Cause It's A Whole New Game When You Walk Through My Door! THIS IS MY HOUSE!!

<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 8pt; background-color: silver; font-weight: ; color:blue"> <br />
<option>" Muh Peepz"</option> <br />
<option>Fr. $ubmi$$ion</option> <br />
<option>Tyler Durden</option> <br />
<option>Exodus</option> <br />
</select> <br />
BlackBeltDude is offline   Reply With Quote