ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Angle/Lesnar Tag Team, Storyline Spoilers, Benoit Heel Turn?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2003, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Angle/Lesnar Tag Team, Storyline Spoilers, Benoit Heel Turn?

Story By: Ben Johnson
May 20, 2003

The following news comes from The Torch Newsletter:

Right now, there is currently a booking debate over Kurt Angle's WWE return. Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon would like to see Kurt Angle return right away as a heel, and set up a Vengeance match with Brock Lesnar. This appears to be quite likely.

However, Kurt Angle seems to be going with a Paul Heyman idea to return as a face and work with Brock Lesnar against Rhyno and Chris Benoit, who'd be turned heel. Kurt Angle would personally like to see John Cena, who can sort of be referred to as Kurt's protege, act as a manager of sorts for the new heel tag team. Lesnar insists that Heyman should come in as the manager, whether they turn the team heel or not.

No official word on how the storyline will end up, but we'll find out soon enough.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I wonder if they would make Angle and Lesnar Tag Team Champs??
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZMaster

I don't think so. Lesnare & Angle aren't really a Tag Team. I can't see that right now.
Old 20 May 2003, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

rawrules is on a distinguished road

lesner and angle = ratings
rawrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
rawrules said in post # :
lesner and angle = ratings
Yeah but not as a team.Yeah oaky their styles mesh well but Lesnar doesn't even more of a credibility rating by having arguably the best technical wrestler on the roster by his side..Lesnars's streak is pristine enough with even less jobbing in interference scenarios,and this would be the case of they were a team.Then again not much went into the Lesnar/Angle feud build up at Mania and I actually don't think even a capacity crowd like that gave a shit or hint of enthusiasm for that match up..Benoit was a decent enough heel but it took the WWE long enough to alter him to face status because of his lack of mic/skit scenario's..besides that he needs a WWE title run,and until Brock drops the strap that shouldn't or rather won't happen.
Old 23 May 2003, 07:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Personally i dont wanna see the worlds greatest heel come back as a face. And definately not teaming with Brock 'never gonna' Loosnar.
I do agree that Heyman should debut as a manager for someone else so they can steal the title from Brock. Cause as far as im concerned Brock v Heyman is still going.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2003, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ladies Dig The Black Belt

BlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to BlackBeltDude

I'd have to disagree. The first time Heyman changed clients over to someone as soon as they became champion it was original. The 2nd time it happened... I suppose that was alright. But if it happened again... that would be so lame. It just seemed to me that Heyman was using his booking power to keep himself the agent of whoever was champion. He started to manage Brock and Brock became champion... then the minute they told him they were putting the title on Big Show he was like "I got dibs on being Show's agent" and then when they told him they were putting it on Angle he was like "I wanna be his agent too!" to the point where it just got pathetic and didn't even make for good storyline.

This Is My House... We Play By My Rules... First Rule Is I Never Lose In My House! You're Just A Guest... You Might Be Good But I'm The Best! I Don't Care Where You've Been... Or What You've Done Before... 'Cause It's A Whole New Game When You Walk Through My Door! THIS IS MY HOUSE!!

<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 8pt; background-color: silver; font-weight: ; color:blue"> <br />
<option>" Muh Peepz"</option> <br />
<option>Fr. $ubmi$$ion</option> <br />
<option>Tyler Durden</option> <br />
<option>Exodus</option> <br />
</select> <br />
BlackBeltDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2003, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

no way man, Heyman was building his character as being the type to take everyone to the top. He switched to Show cause he thought Lesnar couldn't win and he wanted to be on the winning side. And so on. I thought it was great, and not a back stage ploy. But then again...

I think when he took the time to get into shape and get away from the ring says a lot about his personality and his dedication to putting on a great show. And he is good on the mic. He carried Lesnar for a long time.

As far as what they do with him when he comes back? I can't really say. Angle should pick up with the Team Angle thing for sure though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2003, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

rawrules is on a distinguished road

well i think i am gonna take a chanse and book the story line
ok angle comes back n like i week or 2 and he start's a program with lesner but first he dump's team angle because they keep loosing the titles so they are gone for a few week's . ok here it is vengence angle vs/ lesner then after the match team angle comes out n jump both lesner and angle and say they have a NEW LEADER end of vengence then we go 2 smack down and team angle comes out with john cena and make a promo to make lesner come out . Then the 3 of em jump lesner and angle comes out . now when angle ane lesner have the advantage beniot comes out and turn's on lesner and angle which sete up angle,lesner, and tajairy (sp) and eddie. againist team beniot in a four on four st summerslam . then we go to the next smackdown ppv it is angle vs cena and beniot vs lesner for the world title which would have beniot finally win
rawrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2003, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Triple Z is on a distinguished road

I had a simular idea for a story line. First Angle VS Brock, and Brock wins cleanly. Angle sees him as his equal, but team angle attacks Brock. Angle doesn't like this and tells them, so they attack Angle as well. Then there is a Championship match against Brock and someone else. Team Angle "Now named something else" makes Brock loose the title, they attack Brock at the end of the match, Angle comes out and this sets them up for a Brock/Angle Vs Team Angle.
Triple Z is offline   Reply With Quote