ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE RAW Rating Takes A Big Drop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2003, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default WWE RAW Rating Takes A Big Drop

Story By: Matt Boone
May 20, 2003

Last night's edition of WWE RAW scored a 3.6 cable rating, with a 5.3 share. The show did hours of 3.5 and 3.8. This week's rating is down .8 from last week's, which scored a 4.4 cable rating.

Many pointed to the in-ring debut of Goldberg on RAW as the spike last week, which is seemingly correct looking at the quarterly numbers. However, Goldberg had only his second match this week which was hyped as against a mystery opponent all night.

Whatever the case may be, a .8 drop off the night after a pay-per view for RAW isn't a positive thing.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
ZMaster

Dun, dun, dun. It's probably because the Raw side of the PPV absoultly sucked. If it continues that way, what makes them think that a Raw only PPV is gonna be excellent?
Old 20 May 2003, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^more development between ppv's will make exclusive shows well worth it.

And Bergs match was a waste. Who wants to sit around all night waiting to see him squash, wait for it, wait for it, LANCE STORM. C'mon. What were they thinking.

But, I did expect better ratings. I thought they'd have a solid 4 at least. Basketball finals? Hockey finals? Season show endings? What's gonna be the next excuse.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Goddamn you people, what is it with you? Sometimes I just don't get it.

Why must you people analyze and bitch about everything? Raw was sick last night. One of the best in a while. The rating drop was in no way a reflection of the product. Maybe wrestling just doesn't interest casual people when they can watch some mainstream garbage like American Idol instead? You whiners ever think of that?

Raw's drop wasn't because of Goldberg, HHH, Austin, Flair, Storm or Nash. It was because wrestling is in a downturn, and you can't expect these ratings problems to just go away in one fucking week. Expect darkness. Years of it.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
CHRISTIAN said in post # :
Goddamn you people, what is it with you? Sometimes I just don't get it.

Why must you people analyze and bitch about everything? Raw was sick last night. One of the best in a while. The rating drop was in no way a reflection of the product. Maybe wrestling just doesn't interest casual people when they can watch some mainstream garbage like American Idol instead? You whiners ever think of that?

Raw's drop wasn't because of Goldberg, HHH, Austin, Flair, Storm or Nash. It was because wrestling is in a downturn, and you can't expect these ratings problems to just go away in one fucking week. Expect darkness. Years of it.
Great post Marbles. I thought Raw was one of the best Raws in a long time (that doesn't include the short time Rock was back). The ONLY part I didn't really like, was the Goldberg squash, but that only took up like 5 minutes (his questioning of Storm afterwards included). I thought that the feud between Test and Steiner took one more step to setting up a match between them, Austin and Bischoff were hilarious, Flair vs HHH was match of the night, Jericho's Highlight of the Night and subsequent tag title match vs Kane and RVD was sick. Theodore Long doing commentary during the white boy challenge was fucking great and the match itself was solid. Ratings very rarely ever reflect the product that was put out, and last night is a prime example. People just aren't watching wrestling anymore because there's so much shit on TV EVERY night of the week.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
People just aren't watching wrestling anymore because there's so much shit on TV EVERY night of the week.

Not to mention the Hateraid. These whitey-ass internet fans buy it by the gallons. Belee that.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 20 May 2003, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Marbles your first post was excelent....pure brillance.
Old 21 May 2003, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Marbles, Where did anyone complain? What did I say about every report having some excuse about ratings. About how it was a solid show. How Exclusive ppv's are going to help. How the Berg segment was the weaker part of the show. About other TV shows being on and always using them for an excuse.

Email Boone if you don't like the shit he writes.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 21 May 2003, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
€XØDÜS said in post # :
Marbles, Where did anyone complain? What did I say about every report having some excuse about ratings. About how it was a solid show. How Exclusive ppv's are going to help. How the Berg segment was the weaker part of the show. About other TV shows being on and always using them for an excuse.

Email Boone if you don't like the shit he writes.

I wasn't directing that at anyone specific, and I apologize if it appeared my post was directed at you.

But rather, I've seen this happen before. If I hadn't made that post, by now this thread would've been full of comments like "Fucking HHH and Flair. Who wants to watch that?" "WWE is misusing Goldberg." or "WWE is misusing Storm". "If WWE could use these guys the right way, they could've kept their ratings up".

THE WWE RATINGS PROBLEMS WHICH THEY'VE BEEN BATTLING FOR TWO YEARS WILL NOT......WILL NOT.......GO AWAY IN ONE WEEK.

There's gonna be ups, there's gonna be downs. Raw's rating didn't drop because the WWE is doing something "wrong", as I'm sure many of you were about to analyze. WWE's rating dropped because that's what you gotta expect when climbing back uphill. Some weeks TV viewers may feel like watching wrestling.......and oftentimes, especially when crap like the American Idol finals are on, they will not. But that doesn't meant that the poor rating will reflect poor quality because quite honestly, Raw on Monday was anything but.
Old 21 May 2003, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

ok

and I did think RAW was great, and I also know it's gonna take time. I wrote before where I felt WWE has a good chance to get back a mainstream audience within a year. But I also said it's gonna take like 5 years for it to really come full circle, when younger guys are at the top.

What'd you think of Christians new look? I was lmao.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 21 May 2003, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
€XØDÜS said in post # :
What'd you think of Christians new look? I was lmao.

LOL. It's swell.......but too similar to the haircuts DDP, Jeff Jarrett, Steven Richards and Test have been given over the past five years. Too many damn similar hairstyles. I'd love to see someone get buzzed for once.
Old 21 May 2003, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Bassetto is on a distinguished road

^exactly what i thought.... when christian came out I was thinking, what the fuck is Test doing out here?

'And that's why we killed him.'
'We?'
'Yes, we. The intelligent, the active, the forward-looking, the believers in Order and Perfection. Whereas Gandhi was a reactionary who believed only in people. Squalid little individuals governing themselves, village by village, and worshipping the Brahman who is also Atman. It is intolerable. No wonder we bumped him off."
-Aldous Huxley

YOSSARIAN LIVES
Bassetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2003, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
ZMaster

Quote:
Bassetto said in post # :
^exactly what i thought.... when christian came out I was thinking, what the fuck is Test doing out here?
I thought the same thing. Raw wasn't that bad. I think it's gonna get better when the economy goes up. It's just a hunch.