ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Push Over The Mountain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2003, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default The Push Over The Mountain

Wrestling is all based on vision....Hulkamania...The "Attitude" Era...ECW...The nWo...All these "gimmicks" for a lack of a better term have shaped wrestling as we know it...What is most important as the gimmick itself is the people who portray them...

Hulk Hogan...The Ultimate Warrior...Steve Austin...The Rock...All these men were given "THE PUSH"...Vince McMahon gave them the ball to run with it...Some did...Some did not...

Nonetheless...They all shaped a certain aspect of that era of wrestling...Hulk Hogan brought wrestling to the mainstream media...Bret Hart brought wrestling back to its fundamental aspects...Along with HBK and Mr.Perfect...In NWA/WCW... Steamboat and Flair...Magnum T.A. and Nikita Koloff always had kept wrestling the "Focus" of their business...

I ask this question...Which wrestler is "The" wrestler to usher in a new era in which all will follow....Which wrestler is the key to Vince McMahon's success....Which wrestler will if given the ball...Will run with it...Which wrestler..If given the psuh...Would cross that perverbial "Mountain Top" and into the stratusphere of greatness...

Is it Kurt Angle...The total package of entertainment/wrestling... Chris Benoit...A man dedicated to the squared circle and the reincarnation of The Dynamite Kid...Is it RVD and his high-flying/extreme type of style...The Lionheart and his blend of Bret Hart in-ring work and Shawn Michaels showmanship...

Or...Have we all...Includin' Vince McMahon...Missed the point ourself...Is it one man who can push the WWE to new heights...Or is it a collective assignment...

Should the WWE loosen their focus on HHH...And the mentality of The Top Guy...And focus on the wrestlers as a unit...Shelton Benjamin...Eddie Guerrero....Charlie Haas...Chris Jericho...Kurt Angle...Chris Benoit...

Is it the collective unit as a whole who can dig WWE out of their slump and once again raise the WWE to its former glory...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2003, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I believe that right now, it will take a collection of WRESTLERS, not sports entertainers that are best at promos, but guys who can perform in the ring. Kurt Angle can be over without the belt and he makes ANYONE look like gold in the ring. Benjamin and Haas are two young studs that have unlimited potential and have impressed me in every match they have been in. They have TREMENDOUS in ring skills and great ring psychology, much like Kurt Angle. John Cena has impressed me a lot recently, with his more serious gimmick, and being vicious and making Lesnar bleed a couple weeks ago and then busting him open again at the PPV. Veterans that are deserving of pushes like Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, but won't get them simply because of their size. They give the business their all, everything they have, and don't get the recognition or the titles that they deserve. Vince needs to get off of this nostalgia kick because it isn't helping anything. He needs to let go of guys that can't perform in the ring and aren't willing to put over younger talent. The cruiserweight division needs to be pushed harder and given more recognition. They have so much talent in that division, and it SICKENS me at how it is being misused and wasted. Vince believes that heavyweights are the only ones worth watching, but WCW had a great cruiser division and about the only bright spot in that company in the months, weeks, days leading up to it's ultimate demise. Like I said, it will take a group effort to put WWE back on the popularity map and to usher in the next era.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2003, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

stick hit pretty much every point I wanted to make.

but i think if it comes down to one or two guys to push the business back to the top, it will be Kurt Angle and Chris Beniot. And that is the way it is.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Man, it sucks when people bitch about how bad this forum is, but then when there's a GREAT thread like this it only gets 2 freakin replies (not including this one).

When you go on your rants and tirades Slash, I feel ya man. Topics like this one and the 'grade WWE this year' thread get hardly any replies and then dipshits (I won't name names) complain that all you do is post news. Well no shit, because no one replies to the debate threads, or threads that might actual take some brain power to reply to.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

no one really replies to anything, so it doesn't much matter. Ppl only want to say how much HHH sucks or fuck goldberg or whateve. It get's pointless. Cept, the only ppl who complain, never fucking post in here anyways...

Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Benjamin, Haas, Angle (of course) and the other young BIG guys are gonna carry the company. As much as I might love Rey, he's not gonna be the main guy. Ever. It might suck, but that's the way it is. As soon as old these old fuckers leave, we'll see all the bright stars blowing away the old timers. It just takes patience. Nothing is going to change over night. This is like a 5 year process and the only thing to really do is wait and ride it out.

btw, I'm out on the weekends and was too busy to post much anything yesterday, so that's my excuse for the late reply.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2003, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able
Default Re: The Push Over The Mountain

Quote:
The Outsider said in post # :
Wrestling is all based on vision....Hulkamania...The "Attitude" Era...ECW...The nWo...All these "gimmicks" for a lack of a better term have shaped wrestling as we know it...What is most important as the gimmick itself is the people who portray them...

Hulk Hogan...The Ultimate Warrior...Steve Austin...The Rock...All these men were given "THE PUSH"...Vince McMahon gave them the ball to run with it...Some did...Some did not...

Nonetheless...They all shaped a certain aspect of that era of wrestling...Hulk Hogan brought wrestling to the mainstream media...Bret Hart brought wrestling back to its fundamental aspects...Along with HBK and Mr.Perfect...In NWA/WCW... Steamboat and Flair...Magnum T.A. and Nikita Koloff always had kept wrestling the "Focus" of their business...

I ask this question...Which wrestler is "The" wrestler to usher in a new era in which all will follow....Which wrestler is the key to Vince McMahon's success....Which wrestler will if given the ball...Will run with it...Which wrestler..If given the psuh...Would cross that perverbial "Mountain Top" and into the stratusphere of greatness...

Is it Kurt Angle...The total package of entertainment/wrestling... Chris Benoit...A man dedicated to the squared circle and the reincarnation of The Dynamite Kid...Is it RVD and his high-flying/extreme type of style...The Lionheart and his blend of Bret Hart in-ring work and Shawn Michaels showmanship...

Or...Have we all...Includin' Vince McMahon...Missed the point ourself...Is it one man who can push the WWE to new heights...Or is it a collective assignment...

Should the WWE loosen their focus on HHH...And the mentality of The Top Guy...And focus on the wrestlers as a unit...Shelton Benjamin...Eddie Guerrero....Charlie Haas...Chris Jericho...Kurt Angle...Chris Benoit...

Is it the collective unit as a whole who can dig WWE out of their slump and once again raise the WWE to its former glory...

LOL. Don't get me wrong Slash. You're a great mod and nobody knows their shit around these parts like you do. But I think you may be getting just a little TOO dramatic for this gig. This post could have been made with a simple question or list of possibiilities rather than reciting pro wrestling's life story.

Nevertheless, like everyone else, I feel the WWE needs WRESTLERS to push the company over the top. Did Hulk Hogan carry the WWF in the 80's? Yes. Could he have done it without Andre The Giant, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage and Curt Hennig? Probably not.

Did Austin bring the WWF to prominence in the 90's? He sure did. But would he have been able to gain immense fame for himself and his company without playing off heel fodder like The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kane, HHH, and most importantly, Vince McMahon? No way.

What the WWE needs to do is take a babyface who can carry the company. Then simply build a heel factory to feed to him. But who? Who is that one wrestler who can run with the ball? Contrary to what WWE believes, it's not Brock Lesnar.

It's Booker T.

Nobody combines the amount of ring excellence, charisma, athleticism, mic skills, experience (you listening to that one Brock?) and an overall "it" factor like Booker T can.

He's struggled his way through WCW, going nine years before becoming world champion. Let's hope his WWE crowning isn't half that long. Nobody else would be able to strive like Booker can. RVD? Quit crushing people's gallbladder with those goddamn kicks and then we'll talk. Kane? CHANGE YOUR FUCKING GIMMICK NOW. Brock Lesnar? The clock is reaching 14:30 on his 15 minutes. Haas and Benjamin? They're praying for the days when on a normal day you can head to a gym and exercise your charisma.

Booker T. has all of the above....and more. He is a man's man, he's a champion's champion. He's The Rock's replacement once his Hollywood crossover is 100% complete.

Booker T. is the man to carry WWE out of the sand. And yes, you may tell him I just typed that.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2003, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

stuart123 is on a distinguished road

I dont think Hogan is good enough any more. WWE needs to stop buying hasbeens and purchase young talent.

Stuart.

Suplex Wrestling

[img]www.suplexwrestling.co.uk/SWbanner.gif
stuart123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2003, 04:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

steveo_2202003 is on a distinguished road

The wrestler I think who has the potential and in-ring ability is none other than the "Highlight of the night", Chris Jericho. When he came to the WWE it was the happiest day of my life. I have been watching wrestling for a long time and i believe Chris Jericho is the man that will carry the WWE into the next era. These past months have been so annoying because Triple H keeps on finding himself in the right place at the right time. I mean look at it, he won the title from Shawn Micheals in that best 2 of 3 falls match and he has held the title ever since. If you ask me i think it is time for a title change and Jericho should be the man to take it from him. Another person I think deserves the push is little Rey Mysterio Jr. He may be small but he packs a big punch. I remember one match in the WCW when he almost beat Ric Flair for the World Title. Ever since that he has never been given another chance. He showed in that match that he has the heart to be a true champion. Those are the wrestlers I think should get the "push" to the top and i would be glad to see Triple H lose the title very soon.
Old 26 May 2003, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Superstar

showstopper496 can only hope to improveshowstopper496 can only hope to improveshowstopper496 can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to showstopper496

Quote:
steveo_2202003 said in post # :
The wrestler I think who has the potential and in-ring ability is none other than the "Highlight of the night", Chris Jericho. When he came to the WWE it was the happiest day of my life. I have been watching wrestling for a long time and i believe Chris Jericho is the man that will carry the WWE into the next era. These past months have been so annoying because Triple H keeps on finding himself in the right place at the right time. I mean look at it, he won the title from Shawn Micheals in that best 2 of 3 falls match and he has held the title ever since. If you ask me i think it is time for a title change and Jericho should be the man to take it from him. Another person I think deserves the push is little Rey Mysterio Jr. He may be small but he packs a big punch. I remember one match in the WCW when he almost beat Ric Flair for the World Title. Ever since that he has never been given another chance. He showed in that match that he has the heart to be a true champion. Those are the wrestlers I think should get the "push" to the top and i would be glad to see Triple H lose the title very soon.

What he said
showstopper496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2003, 10:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

You know I think there is tons of talent in the WWE right now,the prob. is they don't know what to do with it.Instead their pusing the wrong ones such as Show and A-Train exct.When theres such talent as RVD,Jericho,Kidman and others. I see it taking morre than just pushing one main guy to the top,it's gonna take alot more than just one person to build the WWE back up.As of late seems as though Vince is trying to bring back the past, back to the time when wrestling was hot by bringing in old names but this is a diffrent time and things have changed.The younger talent need the spotlight more because after all they are the future of the company.I'm speaking of guys like RVD,Jericho,Booker,Edge,Benoit Angle,Kidman ext.But I have to tell ya the fact of the matter is fans are sick of seeing the same old crap with Triple H and I'm not just saying that because I dislike him.Trips needs to pass that belt,let some of the younger guys have the spotlight and stop taking up the whole damn show.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2003, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
ZMaster

Quote:
steveo_2202003 said in post # :
I remeber the match between Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio and almost won the World Title. I agree we need a new World Champ but it will end up going to Goldberg. Then, we can see Jericho going for the World Title. I also want to see a new World Champ. I say kill the brand extension. Some of the older wrestlers in WWE shouldn't wrestle. Before saying Hogan, what about Ric Flair? Shouldn't he just retire from active wrestling altogether?
Old 29 May 2003, 03:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
ZMaster said in post # :

I remeber the match between Ric Flair and Rey Mysterio and almost won the World Title. I agree we need a new World Champ but it will end up going to Goldberg. Then, we can see Jericho going for the World Title. I also want to see a new World Champ. I say kill the brand extension. Some of the older wrestlers in WWE shouldn't wrestle. Before saying Hogan, what about Ric Flair? Shouldn't he just retire from active wrestling altogether?
Flair put on a hell of a match with Hunter. If Hogan got a last run, so should he. As for younger contenders. my votes for Y2J, or if they use him right, Booker T.
Old 29 May 2003, 06:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
ZMaster

No doubt. I'm all for Hogan's last run. I guess I misworded it. Let me retrack that a little. One more run, go for it. Y2J and Booker are both good choices don't get me wrong. I meant maybe once in a while.