ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Sting Reveals Negotiations With Vince, Invasion In WWE, more

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 May 2003, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Sting Reveals Negotiations With Vince, Invasion In WWE, more

Story By: Ben Johnson
May 16, 2003

NZPWI.co.nz recently sat down to interview Steve "Sting" Borden.

Sting stated that he and Vince have not spoken too much lately, although Vince has been very good to him in negotiations. Sting says that one of the reasons he never signed with WWE was that Turner was much more generous with his offers, although, Vince has been making good offers and Sting says he's been very close on a few occasions within the last year.

He also mentioned that there was no way he could be a part of the Invasion because Vince opted not to buy him out of his contract with Time Warner.

Additionally, Sting said that he is confident WWE would not ask him to put his Christian values in jeopardy in an angle, and he would not be a part of any necrophilia or angles with half-naked women.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2003, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

It sounds like Sting was on the same boat as Goldberg with a hefty Ted Turner contract...If so then how was Vince able to sign Hogan so quickly???
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2003, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

He wasn't...He had to sign Hall...Nash and Hogan almost two years after he bought WCW....Their contracts were worked out differently than that of Goldberg and Sting...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 16 May 2003, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ladies Dig The Black Belt

BlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improveBlackBeltDude can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to BlackBeltDude

Actually he brought them in 10-11 months after buying WCW. This years Wrestlemania was exactly 2 years... and since they came in February of LAST year... it was less than one year. But essentially he's right.. he signed them after their contracts expired

This Is My House... We Play By My Rules... First Rule Is I Never Lose In My House! You're Just A Guest... You Might Be Good But I'm The Best! I Don't Care Where You've Been... Or What You've Done Before... 'Cause It's A Whole New Game When You Walk Through My Door! THIS IS MY HOUSE!!

<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 8pt; background-color: silver; font-weight: ; color:blue"> <br />
<option>" Muh Peepz"</option> <br />
<option>Fr. $ubmi$$ion</option> <br />
<option>Tyler Durden</option> <br />
<option>Exodus</option> <br />
</select> <br />
BlackBeltDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2003, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Ahh yes true...Thanxs BBD....I guess I'm gettin' old...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 19 May 2003, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The top draws at wcw had very expensive, garanteed contracts with aol/warner. There was no way to just bring them all in with the invasion. It's just too expensive and too much negotiation involved. Now here's the big thing, Hogan and Nash wanted to be in wwe and worked a lot harder at getting back in. Hall we know wasn't long term anyway and was clear he didn't want to work the schedule. Steiner had to get medical clearance. Berg wanted most money for fewest dates to work (one match a month apparantly, and not even a ppv at that) Most of the rest had their contracts paid out from aol and some like berg, had their contracts paid up front by wwe to release them. Anyways, what was the point now...

Sting has his reasons for whatever he does. He's not bound by whatever and he can call his shots right now.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2003, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZMaster

I guess that means nobody knows the answer. The question is will Sting sign? I'm thinking why not. They might find a good use for him.
Old 19 May 2003, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Of course he'll sign. If he didn't have any intention of signing, he wouldn't be listening to wwe.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote