ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Jericho's Dungeon Days Serve Him Well Against Goldberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2003, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Jericho's Dungeon Days Serve Him Well Against Goldberg

By Bret Hart

According to the poll on my website (www.brethart.com), some of your favourite columns I've written have to do with behind-the-scenes stories about wrestlers.

Here's one I heard just last week. It kind of reminds me of David and Goliath.

Making his way back into wrestling circles is Bill Goldberg, who is most famous for his incredible undefeated string of victories in the WCW. Not to mention he's the guy who accidentally kicked me in the head in December 1999, causing my career-ending concussion.

He kicked me much like a wild bucking horse and nearly knocked my head off my shoulders. I still, even now, have a tear in my neck muscle the size of a quarter that will never heal to prove it.

I was told by a former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, who coached Goldberg, if he had a whole team of Goldbergs, he'd win the Super Bowl every year.

People ask me if sometimes tensions in the ring ever carry over into serious fights in the dressing room. Not usually because nobody wants to fight and get hurt -- and not get paid for it.

But, now and again, sometimes the best wrestling matches take place in the dressing rooms or showers. One such incident happened a couple of weeks ago when Goldberg made some less than kindly remarks about young Chris Jericho.

Goldberg's wrestling ability often resembled the gorilla in those old Samsonite luggage commercials. He had a tendency to injure everybody he worked with and took his own publicity a little too seriously.

My sense about Jericho, a local Calgary kid, is he's always been easy-going with an even disposition.

The one little thing Goldberg didn't take into account is Jericho was trained in my dad's dungeon. Although I'm sure Jericho doesn't pretend to be a shooter, he does have a decent wrestling background.

As I understand it, Jericho approached Goldberg in the dressing room and asked him politely if he'd come out in the hallway where they could talk in private.

Heads turned when Bill suddenly broke into character, bizarrely growling like he does on TV.

Goldberg suddenly gripped Jericho by the throat in a furious rage. The little scrappy Calgarian, who is nowhere near Goldberg's size, nonchalantly wrestled him to the floor, clamping on a front face lock, which is every shooter's last resort and is comparable to having a bear trap clamped on your head.

For the next several minutes, Goldberg did everything he could to shake Jericho off but no doubt all those long sessions in the dungeon paid off for Jericho. He choked Goldberg outright on the dressing room floor, in front of everybody. A reality check for Goldberg that's been long overdue.

I know when I talk with my dad, he has a bottomless pit of these kinds of stories going back 50 years and I know he's gonna love adding this one to his repertoire.

Maybe Goldberg should come up to Calgary and spend some time with Stu in the dungeon learning how to wrestle.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2003, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I really wish they had a hidden camera in there, so they coulda shut up all those Goldturd marks.
Old 11 May 2003, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

That would be great Dade.
Old 11 May 2003, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

yet again, The Hitman entertains me.

God I love to hear Bret belittle Goldberg.

I want to train in the Dungeon.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2003, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

LMFAO @ Bret Hart ruining Goldberg's "legitimate tough guy" rep.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote