ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

PWF Wrestling Debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 May 2003, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default PWF Wrestling Debate

We are at the half-way point of the WWE's run in the year 2003....
Many great moments have come and gone...And many bad moments as well...We have been blessed with great returns and debuts....And marred with injuries and disasters...We have seen the future of the WWE...And we have seen the past...We have seen glimpses of what could have been...And flashbacks to a time long ago...

We've Seen An "Evolution" Occur....We've Seen The Next Big Thing Arrive...We've Seen Hulkamania CAN Live Forever...We've Seen The Return Of Stone Cold Steve Austin...We've Witnessed The Elimination Chamber...We Watched The Great One Carve His Name In History At Wrestlemania...We Saw Kurt Angle Put His Life On The Line At Wrestlemania....We Saw Roddy Piper Shock The World And Return at Wrestlemania...We Saw The American Bad-Ass At The Royal Rumble...We Are Witnessing "The Streak" One More Time...

Alot has happened in the WWE in the last half-year....Where do you grade the WWE...In matches...Storylines...Overall product...What have been some diasasters....And what have been some great moments....What moments will live forever in the anals of time....And which moments are hopefully to be forgotten....

Who is the MVP of the WWE...Is It The Next Big Thing Brock Lesnar...The Man Goldberg....The World Heavyweight Champion HHH....The Rock...Stone Cold Steve Austin....Vince McMahon....

Who has been the suprise of the year....Team Angle...John Cena... Chris Jericho....Shawn Michaels...Chavo Guerrero...Who has been the biggest dissapointment...Nathan Jones...Albert...Big Show...

This is your chance to tell us all what you have thought about the WWE in the year 2003....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2003, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Ahhh so many moments to think back on,some great and some jusy plain bad. Now with the Katie Vick and Al Willison story lines behind us hopefuly things are looking up for the WWE.My best memory of this year would have to be the HBK/Jeicho match at Wrestlemaina,seeing
The Heartbreak Kid back in true form gave me chills just like the old days.

As for the MVP I'd have to say HBK has really done so much for the WWE since he's been back and some people might not agree with me but the fact is alot of fans watch Raw to see RVD.
By far I think the worst thing to happen in the past few months would have to be the time they have waisted pushing guys like A-Train and
Big Show and never changing the damn story line with Triple H.
All in all though I'd say the WWE is in a much better place than they were in this time last year.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fear the Spear !!!!

Danevs is on a distinguished road

highlight of year so far is goldberg finally arriving and the raw where he destroyed 3 minute warning was incredible, also the rocks heel run has been brilliant and very funny, I think Mr america is a good and original idea, Rhynos back and I just hope he gets given a push, jeff hardy leaving has to be a good thing, team angle, los guerrreros legitimising the tag division, disappointments have been big show possibly main eventing any ppv, austins return was a massive anti climax, brock being pushed down our throats, scott steiner ring performance has been embarrassingly bad, hbk should of lost to jericho, austins first raw as gm was terrible,

Its the question on everyones mind in sports entertainment......

WHOS NEXT ???

Danevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I am pretty happy with what they are doing so far this year. i'm getting a little tired of the old schoolers, and I'm getting sick of all the injuries (which I suppose, can't be helped), but it's definatly been way better than last year. The crappy angles are getting put behind us. All the talent is in place. There's very little reason for this year not to push wwe back into the spotlight of the world and see things go crazy by WMXX. Long term thinking, long term strategy. it's paying off. Even HHH is getting back over with me. I honestly can't think of too much I would change right now. Maybe the rosters could be a little more balanced. and I could get into some more specifics, but overall...good work wwe.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2003, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

- HHH maintained his belt against?......... ahh fuck it like it matters?
= Well after the year ending 2002 we thought Raw couldnt get any worse with HHH but it did..... his first fued of the new year being a two month shin dig with the big bad booty daddy. A match we were all expecting something special out of and recieved ZILCH. Blame cant squarely be placed on HHH but he can shoulder some of it..... Then the WWE in there infinite wisdom decided this fued should go two months. Cause if it didnt work the first time..... lets just cram it down there throats again. Again the match was sub standar and only just marginally better then RRs match.
Next challenger please? Booker T is that you? you want a shot? shouldnt you be getting my towel right about now? AH yes the good old Heel relies on Racial slurs to get over..... works every time hey WWE...... If you dont believe me just ask em? Anyways this match was always going to be better then the previous Steiner matches as we knew HHH couldnt possibly fuck up Booker T. Werent we wrong? Booker T got beaten by a SUPER pedigree which left hi on his ass for... how long? 10-15 seconds. Now forgive me if im wrong but isnt Mania where the Wrestlers are supposed to kick out of finishers?
Anyway with Booker Ts ass perpetually wasted...... whos gonna step up.... noone well then lets have a six man tag match at the next Pay Per View. again the main Giz of this storyline centred around the HHH brood..... dropping everything and all that Shawn and Jericho had built up over 4 months. Dropping everything Booker T had tryed to do since WM. Anyways i didnt watch this match but i know it ended sourly AGAIN.
And now we get HHHs next opponent... his other best mate Big Sexy who has shown his slowness in the ring over the past three weeks but is given a title shot anyway..... But i have no doubt that the match will be better then the Steiner match.... For one reason? Nash is HHHs friend. Funny that hah?

-Shawn Michaels maintained his upper card status despite only working at a rate of a match a month.
=You cant possibly have anything other then absolute admiration for the scriptwriters. There ability to make this guy look like a million dollars even though his matches are few and far between we still see him as a contender for the title..... For that i must congratulate the WWE staff.

-Trish once again proved that she is the womans fill-in champ.
=What can i say? shes once again been proved as the fillin champ by holding it inbetween Heel title holders only so they dont have a heel v heel match.... funny that.

-Jeff "The Heroin" Hardy getting sacked... Raven.... Dlo Brown... Stasiak... Saturn all getting there asses fired. All stellar days in WWE history
=Jeff Hardy got released because of personal problems.Good Thing.... Raven because of no creative direction.Good Thing.... Dlo Brown got released early because he was setting them back a mint and the dude who replaced him is much much cheaper. Maybe a good thing... Stasiak got released cause hes fucked.Great Thing... and finally Saturn got released cause he looks like a goof ball. Indifferent. There were others that got released but there reasons for release actually made sense. All in all i thought this worked out much better for the WWE as it really weeded out the shit.

-WWEs new aquisitions hired..... LOD, Goldberg, Piper, La Resistance, Sean O Haire, Nathan "i cant wrestle" Jones, Team Angle
=LOD must do something about there weight and speed and have to remember how to pull off there moves other then that. I believe they could do a lot to help other tag teams look better... but yet again must be booked again. Goldberg after destroying The Rock????????? He is missing from pay per view? Really have to question WWEs thinking here? But i am glad he wasnt given a direct title shot like some of the others who are coming in/or back. Piper can be a good thing IF he isnt wrestling... which they are making him do anyway.fucken Dickwads. I dont understand it but it seems to be working having him aligned with O haire. La Resistance yet to really impress but you can never go wrong when you decide to bring in new tag teams. Sean Ohaire... well what can i say. I like the kid and i reckon he could go far if they had stuck to there devils advocate gimmick but as i said before his friendship with Piper seems to be working. Team Angle have done everything right..... so far probably underated. See big things for them over the rest of the year. And finally Nathan "i cant wrestle" Jones i mean they pulled this pidgeon from Mania because they realised they pushed him way to fast, since then has been pulled from TV to learn the basics back in OVW. Maybe they should send Goldberg with him.

-Big Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=Finally they started to push him the way he should be pushed until they realised they were doing something right.... and backed off once again so he could play second fiddle to Angle, not that im complaining but it just seems rude that they do this to a man that should be dominating.

-Kurt Angle getting the belt after all the hard work he has put in over the previous twelve months
=and finally the thing that i have wanted to see for so long.... Kurt Angle with GOLD around his waist. After helping to elevate some great wrestlers he was rewarded with a world title stint which ended at mania in a great match... even though it was hampered by his broken neck just goes to show how great an athlete and a team worker this man is.

I know this didnt really debate anything but i wrote it and i am gonna post it.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2003, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

The WWE is doing ok so far this year. I am really liking the Smackdown roster and their brand of wrestling more than the Raw side of things. Storylines have been ok, nothing great, but not terrible either. I think that they rush through them too fast and try to get it into the month before the PPV. I think once they go through with the brand split harder and split the PPVs, then maybe they will develop feuds and storylines more. I also think that they will have more surprise title changes on TV shows, at least on raw where they can't post spoilers for everything that happens.

I am a little disappointed that they keep bringing in old stars and keep hearing rumors about old guys that might come in. The younger stars will never get over if the shows are being dominated by people who very rarely even wrestle. I think that what they're doing with Cena is good, but I would have liked to see his feud with Lesnar last longer than it did and continue to this PPV.

I think that the foundation has been laid to have a great year (brand split) and the ball is in WWEs hands and it is theirs to either drop or score with. I honestly believe that the brand extension is very good for business and can only improve. Once they get a few stars back in the coming months, then it will improve even more.

I give the WWE a B for being pretty solid and keeping me entertained
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote