ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Sports vs. Entertainment?
View Poll Results: What do you like more, Sports or Entertainment
Sports 3 42.86%
Entertainment 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2002, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

The Real Deal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Real Deal
Default Sports vs. Entertainment?

I watch WWE for both, but which do you guys like more? I just re-watched SD from last night, and what lead me to this question was watching Angle/Mysterio and then the commitment ceremony. Both were amazing, and showed the best in Sports (Angle/Mysterio) and Entertainment (Commitment Ceremony). Do you like the sports aspect or the entertainment aspect?

I like the entertainment more, even though the matches are the essence and base of WWE programming.

Wrestling Fan Forum- Tell 'em The Real Deal sent ya!
The Real Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2002, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I watch wrestling for the wrestling, the storylines are secondary to me, because Entertainment means nothin in wrestling if you can't wrestle. Take the Rock i hate him cause he only entertains he doesn't wrestle well so what the hell is the point but to draw mainstream fickle fans in. This is where the WWE finds a problem cause they switch the way they went about wrestling, they moved on from wrestling and tried to focus on the entertainment....So the old fans get pissed when somethng HLA comes about when a match like Mike Awsome v. Justin Credable could have gone on in place......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2002, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I like WRESTLING more than i like ENTERTAINMENT,although wrestling is entertaining.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
CANUCKER

Slikums is on a distinguished road

Wrestling/sports, but still love that entertainment! is there anyway i can choose both? lol

If ya SMEEELLLLLLLL what THE ROCK.... whoa whoa whoa whao! this isn't karaoke night! u do not sing along with THE ROCK! THE ROCK is the only and THE ROCK MEANS ONLY ONE that says this u mother canuckers!! IS COOKING!

^^Raven's House Of Clockwork Orange^^

Slikums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2002, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

The Real Deal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Real Deal

I thought about putting 'both' as an option, but then realized that most if not all of us like both. I was just wondering which one you like more.

Wrestling Fan Forum- Tell 'em The Real Deal sent ya!
The Real Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2002, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
lusiphersangel

Smile Both

I like both the wrestling and the entertaiment. I think its better when they really can wrestle.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I think I like the entertainment a bit more . If I would love the sports-affect more , I could even watch Tennis or Baseball .
Old 13 Sep 2002, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by Dre
I watch wrestling for the wrestling, the storylines are secondary to me, because Entertainment means nothin in wrestling if you can't wrestle. Take the Rock i hate him cause he only entertains he doesn't wrestle well so what the hell is the point but to draw mainstream fickle fans in. This is where the WWE finds a problem cause they switch the way they went about wrestling, they moved on from wrestling and tried to focus on the entertainment....So the old fans get pissed when somethng HLA comes about when a match like Mike Awsome v. Justin Credable could have gone on in place......

I watch wrestling more for the entertainment than the wrestling, dont get me wrong i love a great wrestling match but it wouldnt be that great without the beef and the story line's leading up to the match. This is not a real wrestling fed. it's a god dam show. Just look at all the major icon's, Hogan, Austin and the Rock they are all average wrestler's but their icon's because they can entertain better than anybody else. So if your gonna dis the Rock because he's a good entertainer that mean's you should be dissing Austin and HHH as well otherwise your a hypocrit. and by the way the Rock was ranked as the 10th best wrestler in the world from the pwi top 500 list.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Rocky, Rocky.......

Quote:
Originally posted by THE ROCK

I watch wrestling more for the entertainment than the wrestling, dont get me wrong i love a great wrestling match but it wouldnt be that great without the beef and the story line's leading up to the match. This is not a real wrestling fed. it's a god dam show. Just look at all the major icon's, Hogan, Austin and the Rock they are all average wrestler's but their icon's because they can entertain better than anybody else. So if your gonna dis the Rock because he's a good entertainer that mean's you should be dissing Austin and HHH as well otherwise your a hypocrit. and by the way the Rock was ranked as the 10th best wrestler in the world from the pwi top 500 list.
Thats nice but you and I both know now PWI means nothing i have lost my respect for the magizine after Malenko lost the number one spot about 3 years ago...Now they rate on the entertainment and not the wrestling, PWI even says this. That is why Rock is number 10...But you know as well as I do PWI use to rate wrestlers differently.

About Hogan i agree he suxx's at wrestling and has always been around for the main stream fans .....Austin is a little different on the fact that he use to be a good wrestler before he came to WWE, hell he was an ill wrestler ya heard. HHH is a good wrestler who is injured and has never recoverd but he could wrestle a good macth back in the day. HHH is one of my favorite and i will admit he ain't as good as he use to be something like Austin, but Austin and HHH at least use to be good, the Rock and Hogan never were. Savage, Henning, Rude, Orndoff, Piper, Poffo, Warrior (yes even him) carried Hogans career and thats the truth.

And i agree that the match doesn't mean as much without a srtoryline and back in the day they did have stroylines and entertainment, now they have shit and shit is shit and they rush all their storylines in the course of 3 weeks unlike back in the day when they had 2 months to do a complete storyline and not rush shit so they could have 12 ppv in a year (thats bullshit in itself).

Oh and Real Deal that is a sweet banner

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2002, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Definetly the wrestling....in the end it's the wrestling thats entertaining....not the actual entertainment.....The greatest moments in wrestling are wrestling moments....not skits......The story the wrestlers put on is what matters....not the 3 minute skit or whatever....If you can intertwine both together in just the right mix....you got something great....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2002, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I like a little of both. When I go see WWE live I want to see wrestling. But On T.V I like the Entertainment a lot.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

you lot do realise that if the sports side of the show is good then it all becomes entertaining right?

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote