ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The WWE refuse to make stars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2002, 10:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Grail

Default The WWE refuse to make stars

The WWE are in trouble. Why beacuse at the moment they have no stars. The Rock is gone, Austin is gone for good, the two biggest stars have left and there is no one take their place.

However I say its the WWE's fault. RVD is getting over huge with the fans but the WWE don't seem to want to put him in the next level of superstardom.

For example, Bischoff could have rewarded RVD with briniging home the IC belt by giving him the Raw belt, then HHH could have come down argued the fact that he should have it, a main event RVD vs HHH and HHH wins by cheating, still giving HHH his spotlight but finally making RVD a main eventer.

Then there was Kane's return. On the night of his return Brock Lesnar was still on Raw. Why didn't Kane go after the Undisputed champion and putting him into the main event. The fans that night were screaming "We want Kane!!" But after his pathetic return, I'm sure they wont any more!!

The WWE had the perfect opportunity to make these guys big stars, which means new Austin's and Rock's, which ,eans big merchandise selling machines and big RATINGS.

But they continue to hold talent down, its their own fault that their shows suck and they are doing badly.
Old 08 Sep 2002, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
5 Time WCW Champion Sucka

Stephenc97 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Stephenc97 Send a message via Yahoo to Stephenc97

ok dude
Stephenc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2002, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Go shawty...

G-Unit is on a distinguished road

agreed

go shawty, its yo birthday, we gon' party like its yo birthday, we gon' sip Bacardi like its yo birthday, and you know we dont give a fuck its not yo birthday!

G-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2002, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

RVD cant get a big push cause he cant even cut a god dam promo, ya he's a sick wrestler but he's a mute and in this buisness you must have the complete package and actually the mic skills are more important cause look at Austin and the Rock they are both average wrestler's but they have sic mic skills and that is why they are 2 of the biggest icon's in sport's entertainment history, so bottom line give RVD some speaking lesson's or something cause he's a mute with a capital fucking M.
Old 08 Sep 2002, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Wrestlers need more then fan favorites to get over

Well Rock I have to agree..RVD does have problems with cutting promos. That is still a big area he needs to work on...

One of these days some of you will get the message that just because its your favorite star, and they don't move up just as fast as you want.You'll understand Why?

There are more things needed to make there way up as main eventers..Sometimes it takes the total package..Why do you think that Brock was put with Heyman...Try this because they brought him up from OV. Many times Jim Ross made comments about him being a power house and they wanted him up. Were ready once and he got hurt so he was held up for several more months..When he got here everyone wondered if he even had a voice at all. He wasn't selling,
couldn't cut promos without Paul in his shadow. When they realized he still needed much help as he did they sent him to Smackdown so they could keep working with him.

When RVD got here he too was having problems they weren't even sure he would make it. Hadn't been for Taker he might not have. Right now he has come a long way since then..He had to mainly make a transition to WWE's ways.Right now he is in bad need for Mic work.
Rock is right he can't cut promo's He is to passive for one thing he needs to show he has a voice...

I mean you can't say he's my favorite I want him pushed over to main cards..There is more to it then that...Yea he beat Benoit for the title and brought the IC title back to Raw big deal...That don't make a main carder over night.
Old 08 Sep 2002, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I hope that unamericans vs. Kane and Bradshaw match for unforgiven is just a rumor!
Old 08 Sep 2002, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Orioles88 is on a distinguished road

Who made up the rule that if you dont have the greatest mic skills you'll never me a maineventer. Thats what i liked about ecw, they let their wrestling speak for themselves. RVD is argubly the most popular wrestler right now, that alone should be good enough to make him a main eventer. Actually now that i think of it, he kind of is a main eventer, i mean his matches may not be the "main event" but they do steal the show just about everytime.
Orioles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2002, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
What about that smuge?

rabid256 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rabid256

First of all... look at Brock! He can't cut a good promo either, and he is a champ!

And I love RVD's promos... always calm and confident...

And he was a main eventer... remember No Mercy 2001?

The story of the alliance Austin-Angle-RVD... it was good, funny...

RVD is ok... he will get a push now...

And the whole thing about wwe REFUSES to make stars... I don't know about that! 1- it takes time 2- the wrestlers are mostly responsable for their future (The Rock, he was the one who gave up Rocky Maivia and cameback with the Rock and his catch phrases) (Austin, he was the one who came up with Stone Cold... and Austin 3:16) If the other wrestlers can't come up with ideas...
rabid256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2002, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Well Brock Lesnar is the exeption when it comes to mic skill's because of his crazy phisque and he's a sick technical wrestler which is rare for a person with that much power.

But the few times i heard Brock talk i could tell that his mic skills are way better than RVD.

RVD may be MR MONDAY NIGHT
but the show's called MONDAY NIGHT ROCK.
Old 08 Sep 2002, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Your right Rock

These guys have to meet certain standards to move up. If they show real promise sometimes they will start a push and start working with them..But to make main eventers they have a lot going for them....As to Brock cutting Promos that is what Paul was shadowing him for. Now that he actually takes the Mic away from him Brock does have a voice...
Old 08 Sep 2002, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
CANUCKER

Slikums is on a distinguished road

its not the wrestlers, its the damn writers, they SUCK! the wrestlers have the talent, its jsut that the writers dotn have the talent lol

If ya SMEEELLLLLLLL what THE ROCK.... whoa whoa whoa whao! this isn't karaoke night! u do not sing along with THE ROCK! THE ROCK is the only and THE ROCK MEANS ONLY ONE that says this u mother canuckers!! IS COOKING!

^^Raven's House Of Clockwork Orange^^

Slikums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2002, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Its not only writer but skill of the stars

There is a piece on the front board right now.
That pretty well says that giving the other belt to Triple H was to down grade Brock just a little. Why because he still isn't showing some of the talent he needs to show. Part of that I would say is selling..and a little more work on the mic. As to the mic he is trying thing is Paul needs to shut his mouth and let Brock work and show them what that he knows.I was hoping this would happen but wasn't sure just how they would do it..He was pushed so fast that here he was 25 and Undisputed Champ where to from here.? Well now he has the chance to develope where he needs too..
Old 09 Sep 2002, 03:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Grail

You all talk about Brock Lesnar, But just because he's the champ doesn't make him a main eventer!!!

Look at it this way. As champ he has wrestled Orton, who is very impressive, but can't get a win, and Matt Hardy, another mid carder. Both matches were aired in the middle of the broadcasts.

Just like when Jericho was the champ. The nWo/Austin feud Hogan/Rock feud took centre stage every week, where Jericho wrestled Bubba Ray and Kane. Never actaully achieving main events.

Why, just like I said, the WWE wont push these stars. And by the way, whoever said RVD was my favourite wrestler, I'm just saying that he is an obvious choice, just like KANE is or was. The WWE have to schedule and give him mic time. He could be the best public speaker in the world (even though he's not) but the WWE have to give that mic time.
Old 09 Sep 2002, 03:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
'tin Man

rvd was good at promos in ecw, but he think hes just notting getting the chance in wwe. also i think wwe is scared that something might tank, so they dare not push someone too soon, except for lesa...im confused at least they are pushing someone new in lesnar...so be thankfull for small mercies i say.