ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

brand-only PPV's *Merged*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default brand-only PPV's

As it stands right now, WWE is moving forward with the idea of creating a "hard split" in the company's two brands - RAW and SmackDown! Currently, although it could change, WWE is moving forward with the plan of holding four RAW-only PPVs, and four SmackDown-only PPVs, with the two brands coming together for Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. The upcoming June King of the Ring pay-per view is expected to be the first brand-only show, with it being the RAW brand PPV.

Vince McMahon is said to be prepared for a drop in PPV buyrates while fans adjust to the new PPV system, much like he did in TV ratings when the brand extension first took place. The general consensus is if the fans take to it and they can establish two seperate brands, in the long run it will help drastically.
-pw.com

Fuck wwe if they do this. This will ruin raw and smackdown even more. Do they not know there isn't enough big stars on each show to do this?
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Fuck, didn't they already say this like six months ago? How often is this news story gonna keep popping up? It's just a fucking re-occuring rumor, and it won't never happen.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well I hope your right.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I've been begging for this to happen since the idea of splitting the brands was first thought up.

There are so many stars right now it's out of control. There are so many that deserve to get big time matches. They can't even fit in all the talent they have on the weekly shows right now.

This would be the best thing possible for the story lines as well. You give them 2 months to build up fueds and develop the storys instead of rushing them in the few weeks in between ppv's. I'll never understand why ppl want to see the end of the split. I have no idea how it could help any of the wrestlers. Well cept HHH who could then get 4 hours of tv time a week.

Please let this happen. Please.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

I know it would be good for SOME of the wrestlers. Like booker T. But then you will see people like Jeff Hardy at every raw ppv. And tell me who would want to pay to see Jeff Hardy wrestle? And I'm not just picking on him. I could name a whole bunch. But that will take to long to type. That is why I don't want it to happen.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
I've been begging for this to happen since the idea of splitting the brands was first thought up.

There are so many stars right now it's out of control. There are so many that deserve to get big time matches. They can't even fit in all the talent they have on the weekly shows right now.

This would be the best thing possible for the story lines as well. You give them 2 months to build up fueds and develop the storys instead of rushing them in the few weeks in between ppv's. I'll never understand why ppl want to see the end of the split. I have no idea how it could help any of the wrestlers. Well cept HHH who could then get 4 hours of tv time a week.

Please let this happen. Please.
I gotta go with EXO on this one. They rush the feuds and sometimes have little buildup. Doing this would make the PPV matches worth that much more and if a young star beats an established star, that would elevate them that much more being that it means more. Plus, it could give for more room to have title switches on Raw and Smackdown, which would be an incentive for fans to tune in and be surprised.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by sixfeetunder
I gotta go with EXO on this one. They rush the feuds and sometimes have little buildup. Doing this would make the PPV matches worth that much more and if a young star beats an established star, that would elevate them that much more being that it means more. Plus, it could give for more room to have title switches on Raw and Smackdown, which would be an incentive for fans to tune in and be surprised.
yep, but so many ppl can't see far enough ahead to realize it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump
I know it would be good for SOME of the wrestlers. Like booker T. But then you will see people like Jeff Hardy at every raw ppv. And tell me who would want to pay to see Jeff Hardy wrestle? And I'm not just picking on him. I could name a whole bunch. But that will take to long to type. That is why I don't want it to happen.

BATISTA
BOOKER T
CHRIS JERICHO
CHRISTIAN
GOLDUST
KANE
KEVIN NASH
LANCE STORM
RANDY ORTON
RIC FLAIR
ROB VAN DAM
SCOTT STEINER
SHAWN MICHAELS
THE HURRICANE
TOMMY DREAMER
TRIPLE H
WILLIAM REGAL

That's not even counting losers like Bradshaw or Rico, or Tag teams like the dudleys or 3MW or any of the women. Plenty of ppl.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

rawrules is on a distinguished road
Default raw ppv's

wyh would they have the king or the ring as a seprate raw payper view i dont get this because it is one of the oldest ppv's it is also a tourment payper vies and i dont think they should have it just raw vs raw i think they should make it summerslam as the seperate ppv
i no that i sound wach but this aint fred it is his cuzz and i am only 10
rawrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Yeah I can tell you're only 10. Try to re-type that shit to make some sense.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

The thread I made before is only a rumor. Doesn't mean its going to happen. And it wouldn't make sense to have KOTR as a raw only ppv if that happens.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 09:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fear the Spear !!!!

Danevs is on a distinguished road

the whole roster split sucks vince should give it up now never mind mind expanding it ( i cant imagine anybody paying for a wwe ppv with only half the stars turning up )

Its the question on everyones mind in sports entertainment......

WHOS NEXT ???

Danevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I have always thought this was a bad idea from day one I mean if we have that many PPV's there will be no reg.matches on Raw or SD! it will all be about whos going to this or that PPV plus I think the whole thing will take away from matches and I see the belts changing hands way to many times and to fast.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 10:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

~Y2A~ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ~Y2A~ Send a message via MSN to ~Y2A~

I can't wait for this to happen. Think about it! It will make fueds soooooooooo much more meaningful, and alot more weeks for build up. Also, guys like Booker T. and RVD will have higher tier matches. I have been hoping for this for a while.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 10:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

I gots to go with Stick, Exo, and Y2A on this one. At least if they do it in this manner we wont go back to the days of $60 to $100 each month to be able to catch all of the ppvs. Anybody rember the hight of the WWE vs. WCW wars, damn was that expensive for a fan.

the only problem i see with that is the fact that when one brand is building up storylines the other is getting all the hype because they have the ppv that month. It could make people not catch all of what is happening on the show that doesn't have the ppv that month.

But I think they should go with it if they are keeping the brand extension because I would like to see guys like Matt Hardy (god damn do I love teh V.1 gimmick), Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Gurerro, Kane, and RVD get better spots on the card.

But I do think it would vbe stupid to have the King of the Ring a brand only ppv. Back when WWE had somthing like 5 ppvs a year, it was Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, Summerslam, and Survivor Seriers. and I think those ppvs should be the double brand ppvs.

To quote a great scholar, Hey it's my opion!

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote