ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Edge out, Rhyno in?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Edge out, Rhyno in?

I got this from wrestlescoop.com

As a bit of an update on an earlier report, the results for tests Edge took to determine what injury his neck has been suffering from came in and the results aren't positive. The tests revealed that Edge will have to undergo neck surgery under the knife of Dr. Lloyd Youngblood to heal his neck injury. It appears to be the less serious of the two procedures that could have been done, with Edge needing the lesser of the two which is the operation where Youngblood will be operating on the front of the neck.

No word is out on how long Edge will be missing in action, or if he'll be able to work his scheduled six-man tag team match this coming Sunday on No Way Out. If he isn't able to, Rhyno is likely to replace him.

Originally, Rhyno was scheduled to join the RAW roster as part of the Evolution group, but the writing team decided against that idea. Paul Heyman has been pushing aggressively for Rhyno to be a part of his SmackDown! roster, and with the sudden change of plans in Edge's future, Rhyno could be a big name superstar to fill-in for him. Apparently, Edge was even for the idea of Rhyno taking his place and hoped Heyman could get everything arranged if the situation called for it, which it now does.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Edge may miss a good portion of time. I can't stand him. His matches bore me and he has no direction whatsoever and is just thrown in random tag matches so that he's still on TV. Maybe once he returns, he could have a new gimmick or a new personality and stop boring me to death by making a new best friend every week (Example: Rey Rey, Benoit, etc).

Rhyno possibly taking his place at the PPV (it isn't confirmed, just an idea being thrown around I guess) I think could be great. If it does happen that way, then he probably wouldn't get a lot of ring time, as he might still be a little rusty. I'm not sure how they would make it happen storyline wise, but Heyman is a smart guy and if it can happen, he will make it happen.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Default EDGE NEEDS NECK SURGERY *Possible No way Out Spoiler*

February 20, 2003
The results for tests Edge took to determine what injury his neck has been suffering from came in and the results aren't positive. The tests revealed that Edge will have to undergo neck surgery under the knife of Dr. Lloyd Youngblood to heal his neck injury. It appears to be the less serious of the two procedures that could have been done, with Edge needing the lesser of the two which is the operation where Youngblood will be operating on the front of the neck.

No word is out on how long Edge will be missing in action, or if he'll be able to work his scheduled six-man tag team match this coming Sunday on No Way Out. If he isn't able to, Rhyno is likely to replace him.

Credit PW

Well it look like Edge is going to have to start all over agai...Yeah it is sad, but that is life in WWE...I hate when wrestlers work their ass off...Finally gets their push, then get injured seriously...it's fucked up. I've seen this happen to Benoit and alot of other great stars, who hard work always ended up their down fall.

But i'm glad Rhyno might take his spot...This will be a pretty good way to bring him in...Though i was hoping to see him in Evolution...This makes more sense..
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LOL, I saw yours after I made mine and I tried to post this before you merged them....

"I already posted this Mr. MOD"

I'm such a smartass sometimes
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Edge needed a gimmick. I think that was his only flaw.

First, he was a brooding, gothic figure of the night.

Then he was a smart-ass, egomaniac Canadian "Bill and Ted" with Christian.

Now for the past year he's been.........uh........just a popular guy with nice hair.

As soon as he finds a working gimmick, he'll reach the upper echelon. Maybe while he's on the shelf the booking team can find something to do with him. Then again, maybe he'll come back and have a neurological disorder. Who knows what the fuck goes on in the minds of the writers?
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by sixfeetunder
LOL, I saw yours after I made mine and I tried to post this before you merged them....

"I already posted this Mr. MOD"

I'm such a smartass sometimes
I see you trying to steal my spotlight....Mr.Entertainment. LOL
Old 20 Feb 2003, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally posted by S.CARTER
I see you trying to steal my spotlight....Mr.Entertainment. LOL
LOL I'm happy with entertainment.

And I'm not tryin to steal your spotlight Don, I was just making a post about a wrestler a dislike goin on the shelf! BOOYA BANG DIGGITY ALL UP IN YO MOMMA'S NICE SLITTITY
Old 20 Feb 2003, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
PrInCeSs EdGeHeAD!!!

EdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to behold

oh well, as long as he can come back and wrestle ...im happy for him
Old 20 Feb 2003, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
I am the original thug.

hardcorerawfan is on a distinguished road

I think part of Edge's problem was the fact that he was so successful in the tag team division. I think that the writers got so used to seeing him as a member of a team, that they could not find an angle for him as a singles wrestler.

I hope that if/when he returns he has more of a Benoit-like Edge to him. I think that if he could display a decent amount of agression, the writers and fans would then bee forced to take him seriously.

Feedback anybody

Beat me if you can survive if I let you.

Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight.

hardcorerawfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

This is what they should do with Rhyno...

We dont want to se Rhyno as a face....it just doesnt fit him so they should make him return as a face and replace Edge in that 6 man tag but have Rhyno turn on his team and join the "Heyman family"

That's my prediction.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

Quote:
Originally posted by THE PWF ROCK
This is what they should do with Rhyno...

We dont want to se Rhyno as a face....it just doesnt fit him so they should make him return as a face and replace Edge in that 6 man tag but have Rhyno turn on his team and join the "Heyman family"

That's my prediction.
sorry dude, gonna have to disagree. rhyno just wouldn't fit in with the whole olympic amateur status gimmick that team angle has going for them.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Blitz

sorry dude, gonna have to disagree. rhyno just wouldn't fit in with the whole olympic amateur status gimmick that team angle has going for them.
Well, the Big show is part of the Heyman family and he's not involved with team Angle so i'm sure Rhyno can to, plus Rhyno has a backround with Heyman...
Old 20 Feb 2003, 04:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

well yeah that would work, i thought you meant him joining with the team angle side as part of their stable. sorry bout that man.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 05:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Yeah, Rhyno turning on Benoit and Lesnar would generate tons of heat. Then he would get even more heat for joining with Heyman. Anyone who associates with Heyman is automatically booed.

Personally, I'm not sure how I would like Rhyno used, but I definitely want to see him back on TV and GORING the shit out of someone.
Old 20 Feb 2003, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Yeah, I wanna see him fuck some ppl up. Thank God all that E&C/Angle stuff he was involved with is over and they can give him some new material.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2003, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
THE MAN BEAST!

rhYno is on a distinguished road

Would be cool if they built up a fued between brock lesnar and rhyno. That would be a match i would love to see Doubt this would happen seeing as though lesnar is already fueding with kurt angle, nevertheless anythings possible in the wwe.... or at least it used to be
rhYno is offline   Reply With Quote