ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The state of the WWE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2003, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Niccolo

Default The state of the WWE

You know right now the WWE is not putting on such a good show in either Smackdown or Raw. Personally, I believe smackdown is a waste most of the time, I find myself flipping channels a lot.

For one thing, Scott Steiner is a bust. The guy is a shell of what he was the first time he came to the WWF/E. You guys complain about Hogan and other old guys but Steiner is known for being a great wrestler and Hogan wasnt. All Steiner is now is a pumped up hasbeen. All he has is the arms and an occassional suplex.

In Smackdown its Benoit-Angle every week. I dont like those matches, its not like its Steamboat-Flair. For one, Benoit has absoloutely no charisma. He is not the second coming of Bret Hart and never will be. He might be a great mat wrestler but so what, you can go to AAA in Mexico and find a bunch of better wrestlers than Benoit AND Angle.

Now bringing back the Rock....well I dont think its such a good idea. There is no buildup for his match against Hogan.

Austin coming back? Big deal, as far as Austin goes and the Rock coming back it doesnt do anything to WWE if they only come for a payperview and leave for a year.

The only positives:

1. Hogan-McMahon, this could be a great feud that should be done with a lot of thought so it can work.

2. Los Guerreros, a return to the great tag teams of the past. The tag team division is a joke. Before we had tag teams that stuck together and had a common identity. Teams like the British Bulldogs and the Hart Foundation, Demolition, Road Warriors etc.

Other than that the whole thing is a bad product.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Austin coming back is going to be great for business,second of all no triple a wrestler could even hold beniot or angles jock.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Benoit has beaten every star in AAA (Mexico) in his 1st few years of wrestling. And AAA is not a mat style of wrestling, It's Lucha Libre, A ariel style of wrestling. Japan has the best mat technicians in the business, and thats why Benoit was a star there, and headline quite a few big events there. BecAuse he's a great mat wrestler, and a master of Strong style wrestling. Kurt Angle will be a star anywhere aswell, because he to is one of the best wrestlers in the world (including Japan). Not only because of his background, it's because he can carry any bum, and make it a decent match.

Scott Steiner will be alright as a roleplayer, he'll never be a dominant super star again period.

Smackdown is the only constantly good show in WWE right now , They used their talent right, and give the up and comers big pushes, and is more entertaining then Raw.

WWE is doing fine in my view, all they had to do was what i've been saying for months now, bring back Austin, put him on Raw, and he'll straighten everything out. We'll finally see young star shine on raw, Hunter wont be the Champion anymore he'll play his position as a co star. He might win a couple more titles, but he wont be the focal point of the show anymore, because to be frank, Hunter is just not a guy you can have as your Franchise player...A few years ago maybe, but not now. He's monster heel, but he's a face to many fans no matter what. But as a face he just doesn't feel comfortable, and it comes off as he's forcing the fans to like him, which is not the case, they like him anyway. He just flows better as a heel. And his mic work isn't bad it just doesn't look right with him playing to the crowd, like Austin, Rock, Booker, or Jericho (as a face) do so well.

The only flaws i see with wwe is

-Not enough freedom in the ring with wrestlers.

-The cruiserweight division could be better, why is it not? look at my 1st wwe flaw.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 13 Feb 2003 at 04:23 PM.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I agree about the tag teams. I wish they would really work on building up the division.God I miss the great tag teams of the past and the fact that the belt really meant something.Hopefuly some day will we see great tag teams once again and Los Guerreros is a very good start at bringing back the great tag teams.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Niccolo

Quote:
Smackdown is the only constantly good show in WWE right now , They used their talent right, and give the up and comers big pushes, and is more entertaining then Raw.
your opinion,i think raw is better
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

No mine is a fact, look at the ratings...Yours is not a opinion, it's denial.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Niccolo

smackdown sucks, raw rules
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Niccolo

Quote:
No mine is a fact, look at the ratings
even vince said raw is the better show right now and havent raw been getting better rankings then smackdown now?
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimmatudeV3BK

even vince said raw is the better show right now and havent raw been getting better rankings then smackdown now?
Vince didn't say that, give me proof...
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Niccolo

ooops he didnt say that i read wrong but i did read that raw is priority number one in WWE right now
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
2Gangsta

Smackdown is better. Thats why its for the better system of Ps2!
Raw sucks and is for crap like XBOX!

But seriously I like smackdown alot more
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Niccolo

Quote:
Smackdown is better. Thats why its for the better system of Ps2!
uh
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimmatudeV3BK
ooops he didnt say that i read wrong but i did read that raw is priority number one in WWE right now
Raw is Vinces #1 priority, because Raw is a failing product, he did say that.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I don't think WWE is in a state of alert or concern....The fact is....Some storylines have not been executed with the upmost care.....Bischoff/Vince delivered with a 3.9 rating....Yet the segment itself was horrible and left alot to be desired....Three RAW's Austin had been advertised and did not appear....It was obvious he would appear at NWO....Yet....WWE could have built towards that.....Instead of teasing him being on RAW......When people look back at this time....IMHO....It will be a time of squandered oppertunities.....Not horrible television......

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2003, 06:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
I GOT RAPED BY DADDY

bookerfan17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bookerfan17

slash dude i love ur replies u got some of the most well thought out posts in this site, my hat goes off to u good sir