ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Brand Extension and WCW/ECW
View Poll Results: What should WWE do?
End brand extension 8 61.54%
Bring back WCW 2 15.38%
Bring back ECW 1 7.69%
bring Back Both 3 23.08%
Bring back Only WCW 1 7.69%
Bring back Only ECW 0 0%
Bring in a top name star 2 15.38%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2003, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
2Gangsta

Default Brand Extension and WCW/ECW

DO you want it to end? Cause if you ask me, its nothing but problems. Ever since that took place WWE, in ratings went to hell. I think Vince should re open WCW and ECW and have it compete with WWE. WWE is also lacking in ratings cause they dont have nobody to feud with. NWA TNA is only on PPV its not on a cable channel weekly show. So I dont consider it compition.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Niccolo

-end brand ex.
-bring in 3 titles 1 for hardcore, 1 for lower mid-card 1 for higher
-more stables
Old 12 Feb 2003, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
2Gangsta

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimmatudeV3BK
-end brand ex.
-bring in 3 titles 1 for hardcore, 1 for lower mid-card 1 for higher
-more stables
I agree to a point. Bring back the all the old titles though.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

yeah,the old titles
Old 13 Feb 2003, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
sucka

Kill the friggin brand extension and bring back the belts.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

This is an easy one. End brand extension
Old 13 Feb 2003, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

seems like the only solutiion
Old 14 Feb 2003, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
I GOT RAPED BY DADDY

bookerfan17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bookerfan17

merge the brands+ mid-card belts= improved ratings.
They tried the roster split and it failed, and quick fixes like bringing back old heads like steiner and hogan only work 4 so long, learn from the mistake don't bring back goldturd or as much as i hate saying it, the stinger. Splitting the brands to let young talent flourish was a novel idea, but it just didn't happen on raw and SD isn't all that gr8t either. I think they might merge the brands, as the recent firings lead me 2 believe there getting rid of some of the dead weight (but not fat Albert or pig slow as of yet, GOD knows why) so the shows will be less clogged. If they do remerge extending the shows to 3 hours like they did w/ nitro would be a novel idea to give all the wrestlers (or most of them) air time. The old titles could elevate new stars (like they did in the past) and make otherwise bland mid-card matches palatable. CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!
Old 14 Feb 2003, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I hope Raw becomes Nitro and Smackdown becomes an ECW show....
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
ROCKY!! ROCKY!! ROCKY!!

Heel Rock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Heel Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by BOSTON BASTARD
lmao...that would be horrible!! do you hate the wwe or something??? obviously noone liked Nitro or it would have stayed around!! and they shouldn't turn smackdown into a ECW show they should just reopen ECW if anything!! preferably not!
Heel Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2003, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by BOSTON BASTARD
Vince would not do that. He wouldn't want to make both his main shows something he didn't create. And I don't blame him.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fear the Spear !!!!

Danevs is on a distinguished road

kill the brand extension and bring goldberg to the wwe and give him exactly what he wants

Its the question on everyones mind in sports entertainment......

WHOS NEXT ???

Danevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2003, 01:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Devy's Heart

end brand extension without a doubt! Titles would be nice being brought back also...
Old 16 Feb 2003, 02:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I think I'm the only one who likes having the 2 separate brands. I didn't like it at first, but it has definitely improved, at least on the SD side because they don't have Triple "I want the whole fuckin show to revolve around me" H on there. SmackDown has definitely pushed the younger guys and given them a chance to shine. Brock Lesnar carrying the strap, and being in the main event scene, Haas and Benjamin being tag champs, and Cena starting a mini feud with Lesnar. All have been good, and wouldn't have been able to take place if all stars appeared on both shows, simply because HHH would hold them back. Of course Batista and Orton are now being pushed (kinda) as they are part of the Evolution stable.

I do believe they should bring back a couple titles, so that some of the matches and feuds actually mean something.

If WWE had a rival company, then that would push them to keep their product fresh and entertaining and not just throw mediocre shit out there. Them bringing back ECW or WCW wouldn't help, because it's still being run by WWE. They need outside competition.

I also don't believe ratings declined because of the brand extension. They were declining before they even split it into 2 brands. Probably because of the failed Invasion, the "poisonous" watered down nWo and other angles that failed that should have been huge. They did the brand extension, to try something new because the ratings were declining.

This is just my opinion and what not, but I really don't think the brand extension should end, or that they should bring back a WWE run ECW or WCW. They just need competition from somewhere else.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2003, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

2pacKurtAngle is on a distinguished road

bring back wcw and ecw and end brand.
2pacKurtAngle is offline   Reply With Quote