ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

If RVD became a main eventer...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2003, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Raven Effect is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raven Effect
Default If RVD became a main eventer...

If Rob Van Dam ever gained main event status, such as Triple H, Lesnar, The Rock, etc, do you think it would work out? Do you want to see it happen? And if it did happen, would he maintain his push?

I for one have been waiting for Rob to main event PPV's, and have title runs. I'm not sure if it's going to happen anytime soon, but I would love it. If it happened, they would have to build his push status quite a bit, cause he's not really considred a main event character at the momment. We've people like Chris Jericho who have been rushed into a title push, and then eventually fall back down into upper-mid cardism. That's why if WWE does push RVD into a main eventer, they'd have to invest time into him.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. What do you guys think?
Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

wrestling-wise he could do it but he's just not going anywhere with his mic talents. he needs to pick up a manager to talk for him and get him talking like an egotistical dickhead again like he did in ecw.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't think he'll ever main event wm or anything. If he's ever in the main event it's fatal 4 way or some shit like that. Personally I don't even like him and would rather not see his jump happy ass all over tv.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I like him a lot. I wish he would be a main event guy. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Raven Effect is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raven Effect

I just think the fans are starting to lose interest in him lately because he isn't going anywhere. I think he needs a main event push.
Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
sucka

He has all the physical attributes to be a main eventer. Unless they turn him heel, and give me a mouthpiece (a la Heyman) he never will. He has no skills on the stick.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 11:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
n/a
Heavyweight

n/a is on a distinguished road

RVD does not have main event skill's. He's not a ring general first of all. He does not have the abilty to cut a great promo. He cannot match up to the size's of other heavyweights. RVD is not going to get any bigger then IC division
n/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon

He doesn't need a "Main event pish"..I don't see how he could reprsent the company at this point and bring any pretige to the titles (What little their is now)....what he needs is a few good fueds.
Max Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future
Default Re: If RVD became a main eventer...

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven Effect
If Rob Van Dam ever gained main event status, such as Triple H, Lesnar, The Rock, etc, do you think it would work out? Do you want to see it happen? And if it did happen, would he maintain his push?

I for one have been waiting for Rob to main event PPV's, and have title runs. I'm not sure if it's going to happen anytime soon, but I would love it. If it happened, they would have to build his push status quite a bit, cause he's not really considred a main event character at the momment. We've people like Chris Jericho who have been rushed into a title push, and then eventually fall back down into upper-mid cardism. That's why if WWE does push RVD into a main eventer, they'd have to invest time into him.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents. What do you guys think?
Very well said,I totaly agree.If anyone deserves a huge push god knows it's RVD.What I get so upset over is it seems every time he starts to get it he gets put on the back burner again by other guys coming in. What I mean by that is he was getting a push then Brock comes to Raw,again getting a push then HBK comes back,again Trips comes to Raw,again same thing with Kane,Taker and now Austin will take over Raw.I just hope the WWE will see what they have in RVD before it's to late.However I also agree that they need to put alot of time into him and take the time with his push because when he gets to the top I want him to stay there.He deserves to be champ.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 01:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

RVD is Mr. Moday Night and Mr. PPV and should be a main eventer in the WWE if not he can go to another FED and become World Champ!!!!
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

The only way R-V-D could main event is if he turn's heel and gets a mouth piece.....until then.....he will always be an uppermidcard
Old 24 Jan 2003, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

RVD s got all the tools in him to become a main eventer anywhere anytime but the fact is it will NEVER ever happen in WWE.
Why? Because of his size and his wrestling style (too much risky for cry babies in WWE...).
And of course because of the politics backstage...Rob is not licking vince s ass each night and day you know...
So if i was him i would do what the best for me : Going wrestling to Japan where he will be recognized for what he is : a genuine superstar...

P.S : and please stop about that shit with his mic skills : Brock Lesnar can t speak at all and he is in the main event picture forever now...
Old 24 Jan 2003, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Bellamy
RVD s got all the tools in him to become a main eventer anywhere anytime but the fact is it will NEVER ever happen in WWE.
Why? Because of his size and his wrestling style (too much risky for cry babies in WWE...).
And of course because of the politics backstage...Rob is not licking vince s ass each night and day you know...
So if i was him i would do what the best for me : Going wrestling to Japan where he will be recognized for what he is : a genuine superstar...

P.S : and please stop about that shit with his mic skills : Brock Lesnar can t speak at all and he is in the main event picture forever now...
NO, RVD HAS WOSRE MIC SKILLS THAN BROCK AND BENOIT COMBINED.

RVD IS A JOKE AND HE'S PLAYED OUT, IM GONNA PUKE IF I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH ANOTHER ROLLING THUNDER
Old 24 Jan 2003, 03:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

RVD Needs a heel manager to feed off, like he did when he was working with Bill Afonso in ECW. His mic skills was great back then, Because he was "A Cocky guy and didn't respect no one type character"...And he had Fonzie as a "Yes man", Who'd just be praising RVD all the time. And Fonzie was very fucking funny. He'd be all hyper and RVD would always be telling him to calm down.While Sabu would be looking like a complete fucking lunatic.

RVD Was hilarious during these times, because he was a Big Star in ECW at the time, But was calling himself "MR MONDAY NIGHT" , and would constantly show love for the WWF. And the fans hated it, but yet they still cheered him.

His Mic skills are terrible now, simply because he needs a manager like Paul Heyman to feed off of. Or Maybe WWE should bring Alfonso in and pair them back up, And turn RVD hee aswelll of course. RVD will shine in 2003 for sure, because his skills are off the chart. He's a Flyer, a Striker, and you'll never know it, but he was one of the 1st wrestlers in the United States to perfect Japans Strong Style Wrestling.

Strong style is a very entertaining style of wrestling, And WWE should let RVD put it in his arsenal. He used this and the spot based style in ECW and it was awsome to watch. Because only a handful of wrestlers could use them both together correctly. RVD will have his chance people, just be patient. Austin, Rock, Bret And Micheals. Was not built over night.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 03:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally posted by THE TRUTH
RVD Needs a heel manager to feed off, like he did when he was working with Bill Afonso in ECW. His mic skills was great back then, Because he was "A Cocky guy and didn't respect no one type character"...And he had Fonzie as a "Yes man", Who'd just be praising RVD all the time. And Fonzie was very fucking funny. He'd be all hyper and RVD would always be telling him to calm down.While Sabu would be looking like a complete fucking lunatic.

RVD Was hilarious during these times, because he was a Big Star in ECW at the time, But was calling himself "MR MONDAY NIGHT" , and would constantly show love for the WWF. And the fans hated it, but yet they still cheered him.

His Mic skills are terrible now, simply because he needs a manager like Paul Heyman to feed off of. Or Maybe WWE should bring Alfonso in and pair them back up, And turn RVD hee aswelll of course. RVD will shine in 2003 for sure, because his skills are off the chart. He's a Flyer, a Striker, and you'll never know it, but he was one of the 1st wrestlers in the United States to perfect Japans Strong Style Wrestling.

Strong style is a very entertaining style of wrestling, And WWE should let RVD put it in his arsenal. He used this and the spot based style in ECW and it was awsome to watch. Because only a handful of wrestlers could use them both together correctly. RVD will have his chance people, just be patient. Austin, Rock, Bret And Micheals. Was not built over night.
His mic skill are not that bad they are just way too predictable...
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote