ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Has Vince made wrestling a dirty word?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2003, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hollywood Homo Lover

The Messiah is on a distinguished road
Default Has Vince made wrestling a dirty word?

We have heard Heyman say it in that amazing promo two years ago. I must agree. No longer can we call it professional wrestling. And as long as Vince McMahon and Vince Russo have even the tinyest imput, we never will. As long as they are around, it will always be Sports Entertainment. I want to know what you guys think. Did Vince McMahon make Wrestling a dirty word as Heyman has said?
The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2003, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
n/a
Heavyweight

n/a is on a distinguished road

I love wrestling. Wrestling is Wrestling. Just because there is a entertainment side should not take away from the fact that thoose guys put there lives on the line to WRESTLE. I don't think Vince did anything. He did what the fan's said to do. So if its someone at fault its us not him.
n/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2003, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
I GOT RAPED BY DADDY

bookerfan17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bookerfan17

amen brother
Old 23 Jan 2003, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
sucka

When someone asks me what I'm watching on Mondays and Thursdays I don't say 'sports entertainment'. I say 'wrestling'. Vince only started calling it that so he wouldn't be subject to paying the local state atheletic commissions a fee, nor could they randomly drug test his athletes.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nevermore...

The Raven is on a distinguished road

I think Russo created the Sports Entertainment aspect of WRESTLING!
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2003, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Vince made wrestling wrestling. Without Vince wrestling would have died out long ago....so vince didnt make wrestling a dirty word, he made wrestling wrestling.....nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2003, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The fuckin panda bears and christian coalition and peta and tipper gore and all the rest of the fuckin bleading hearts made wrestling a dirty word. They teach their kids it's wrong. They tell their friends and anyone who'll listen it's wrong. Vince saved wrestling when the whole world was trying to bring it down. Sports Entertainment is to protect wrestling, not to hide it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2003, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
The fuckin panda bears and christian coalition and peta and tipper gore and all the rest of the fuckin bleading hearts made wrestling a dirty word. They teach their kids it's wrong. They tell their friends and anyone who'll listen it's wrong. Vince saved wrestling when the whole world was trying to bring it down. Sports Entertainment is to protect wrestling, not to hide it.
And that is the most correct thing ever aid in a topic like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2003, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I think that not Vince McMahon made wrestling a dirty word , but the WWE creative team made it a shame to be wrestling-fan !
Old 24 Jan 2003, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

well put tamera.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Exo, you you are 100% correct. I wasn't thinking of saying that, but damn, you are dead on correct.

And tamara, I'm not ashamed to be a wrestling fan. I love watching it and I don't care what anyone says about me because I do watch it. I sometimes don't agreew with what the put on the air, but I'm nowhere close to being ashamed of it
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2003, 11:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamara Sanchez
I think that not Vince McMahon made wrestling a dirty word , but the WWE creative team made it a shame to be wrestling-fan !
It's been a shame to be a wrestling fan for over 30 years. I'm glad you're just picking up on this. Unfortunatly wrestling fans who could be doing something to promote what's positive and what wrestling is about choose to sit on the net and complain nonstop. Next time you feel ashamed or embarrased why don't you try and talk to ppl and explain what it is you enjoy about it. Maybe you can help yourself and your shame. Public perception is one thing, but fans should atleast have enough respect for themselves to stand up for the sport. "The wwe creative team made it a shame to be a wrestling fan" my ass.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2003, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I stand up for wrestling and I'm proud of being a fan ! It's only hard if one of your friends comes to you and says : "I watched wrestling yesterday and I saw a guy raping a doll named Katie Vick!" or "Hey , I just finished watching wrestling and I saw a 30 year old laying in bed with a 70 year old making out and then he died in her arms !" ! Then I really feel ashamed of being a fan !