ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

listen to the fans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

jmb556 is on a distinguished road
Default listen to the fans

After watching the WWE’s latest Pay-per-View offering, the Royal Rumble, with the Pro-Wrestling club at Penn State University, I have found that Vince McMahon seems to have no clue what the fans really want so I am posting this on as many websites as possible in the hope that it somehow manages to find it’s way up to somebody in the WWE.

10 THINGS THE FANS WANT OT SEE IN THE WWE
(in no particular order)

1. Vince may like big wrestlers like Big Show and Batista and Albert (I refuse to call him A-Train, the only A-Train is Antwain (sp) Smith of the New England Patriots), but the fans don’t. Big Show and Albert are not good performers, they have sub-par mike skills and to top it all off they are just ugly to look at. For the love of God get them off TV.

2. Get the belt off of Triple H. But please don’t give it to someone like Scott Steiner. Here’s a novel idea let’s use Triple H’s credibility to build some new stars so that the WWE has some stars for the future. (I understand that thousands upon thousands of people on the net are saying this but it has yet to happen) On another note they should start a stable with RVD, Kane and Chris Jericho called Triple H’s bitches.

3. Branching off of the last topic, use the people that are hot right now. People like Edge, Rey Mysterio, Test (I can’t believe I just said that) and Eddie Guerrero. The crowds love these people but they are not in main event pictures. If you’re not going to push them to the top, at least bring back some type of mid-card title to give their foods more meaning.

4. Use ECW wrestlers. Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz (while all are outstanding performers) are not the only good people to come out of ECW. People like Tommy Dreamer and Raven they have extraordinary talent and are languishing in wrestling purgatory. Then there’s Tazz, I have heard conflicting reports that he has a severe back injury and that’s why he is no longer wrestling. If that’s the case fine leave him as an announcer, if not get his ass in the ring. Bring back the human suplex machine that would not let go of the Tazzmission unless he was beaten into unconsciousness. Imagine Tazz in his prime vs. Brock Lesner. Holy Slobberknocker JR.

5. Let Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle wrestle each other at every Pay-Per-View. How many times have these two faced each other? Ten, twelve times? Each time there is one way to describe their matches: Match of the Year Contender. Their match on Sunday truly saved that Pay-Per-View and their matches have on numerous occasions made a bad Pay-Per-View at least bearable.

6. Accept that Matt is the more entertaining Hardy right now the stuff he pulled with Shannon Moore in the Rumble was excellent and Jeff has just sucked lately. The 2nd biggest cheer from my group (1st was Tommy Dreamer coming out with the trash can full of toys) was Jeff getting eliminated. If he doesn’t get his ass in gear get him off TV.

7. Never again mention the name Al Wilson on WWE television, if you want the feud to continue put Torrie with Kidman and bring in Simon Diamond with Dawn Marie. (I can’t remember if Diamond is light enough to be a cruiserweight)

8. Concerntrate more on wrestling then on the angles. Yes, a story behind the match can enhance it, but the match should be the certral point not the storyline behind it. I.E. Triple H and Steph’s divorce, killed Jericho’s credibility. Katie Vick need I say more.

9. Use this huge opportunity with Eric Bischoff’s “final 30 days” to try anything and everything. Why? If it doesn’t work you can blame Eric and bring in someone to replace him. If it does you can build the WWE back into a powerhouse.

10. Stop being so predictable. Everyone and their mother knew Brock Lesner would win the Rumble throw a plot twist in now and then.
jmb556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Vince has done what the fans want for 8 months....And quite frankly the "fans" suggestions sucks.

But you do have some good ideas.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

LISTEN TO THE FANS? Didn't the fans also demand for Kevin Nash and the nWo to be pushed? Look what happened. Nash sprains his fucking ankle and ruins a whole storyline. Didn't the fans also demand the WWE hire Scott Steiner? What happens? Steiner puts on a shitty ass performance, and Vince wastes more money on his has-been ass contract. If the fans got everything they wanted, I'm pretty sure Vince would be out of buisness. Vince runs the show, he has since 1982, and the man knows what he's doing. Give him time and he'll turn his company around.

But WE are not the ones who should be telling him how he runs his company. Because everytime we do give him advice......we wish we never would have said anything.
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Vince said last year that he was going to destroy The WWF....the fans should be listening to Vince because he is just keeping his word!!!
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

There is a fine line between LISTENING to the fans....And listening to the fans.....LISTENING to the fans was bringing in the nWo....Only to have it flop....LISTENING to the fans was having Steiner being brought in only to have him flop majorly as well....Listening to the fans is putting HBK and Jericho in a program together....Listening to the fans is turning Rock heel.....Listening to the is having the older guys work over the young blood.....There is a clear difference between LISTENING and Listening.....If the WWE LISTENED to the fans....Goldberg would be running wild.....If the WWE listened....They might be in better shape than they are now....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Slash
There is a fine line between LISTENING to the fans....And listening to the fans.....LISTENING to the fans was bringing in the nWo....Only to have it flop....LISTENING to the fans was having Steiner being brought in only to have him flop majorly as well....Listening to the fans is putting HBK and Jericho in a program together....Listening to the fans is turning Rock heel.....Listening to the is having the older guys work over the young blood.....There is a clear difference between LISTENING and Listening.....If the WWE LISTENED to the fans....Goldberg would be running wild.....If the WWE listened....They might be in better shape than they are now....
well said slash
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Raven Effect is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Raven Effect

Mark Madden, you've got to be one of the most intellegent wrestling fans I've come in contact with in a very long time. You're deffinately right.

I think Vince runs a good business. All I hear nowadays is how much the fans hate the show now, or how much they hate so and so as champion, etc but if they hate everything about the WWE so much, then why the hell do they keep watching it, not to mention spend all their time ranting on WWE forums and websites about how much they hated Raw last night, or whatever. If you don't like what you see, then don't watch it, simple as that. It's kind of ironic how many fans talk about they can't stand WWE right now, but they still can't get enough of it.

If everything was up to the fans, then we'd have one hella wacky WWE right now.
Raven Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Vince is Not Don Corleone, he cant put a horses head in Goldberg bed and scare him in to signing....And he knows soon or later Goldberg will sign, but right now Goldberg has been acting like a stuck up bitch....And Vince is not puckering up and kissing his ass....And i dont blame him
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by THE TRUTH
Vince is Not Don Corleone, he cant put a horses head in Goldberg bed and scare him in to signing...

LOL. That's a pretty funny image, though.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Madden
LISTEN TO THE FANS? Didn't the fans also demand for Kevin Nash and the nWo to be pushed? Look what happened. Nash sprains his fucking ankle and ruins a whole storyline. Didn't the fans also demand the WWE hire Scott Steiner? What happens? Steiner puts on a shitty ass performance, and Vince wastes more money on his has-been ass contract. If the fans got everything they wanted, I'm pretty sure Vince would be out of buisness. Vince runs the show, he has since 1982, and the man knows what he's doing. Give him time and he'll turn his company around.

But WE are not the ones who should be telling him how he runs his company. Because everytime we do give him advice......we wish we never would have said anything.
perhaps I should differentiate between "smart" fans and marks...
the marks wanted the NWO, Scott Steiner and Goldberg
I personally think all those people are washed-up wastes of space and many "smart" fans will say the same thing...my only question to you, Madden, is do you actually disagree with anything of my suggestions
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by jmb556
perhaps I should differentiate between "smart" fans and marks...
the marks wanted the NWO, Scott Steiner and Goldberg
I personally think all those people are washed-up wastes of space and many "smart" fans will say the same thing...my only question to you, Madden, is do you actually disagree with anything of my suggestions

You had good ideas, but you don't necessarily represent all the "fans". You're just one person, and that list is merely your opinion. The fans all have very diverse opinions, and they often want different things and it's difficult to please them. Whenever Vince tries, it blows up in his face. That's why I say just let the man do his thing, and eventually he'll come to his senses. Listening to us and giving us "what we want" will just confuse him, especially when "what we want" changes on an almost weekly basis.

As for now, I'd like for Steiner to be FIRED. Either that, or hit the fuckin' gym and cut back on the steroids. Oh, and get back surgery.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Madden

As for now, I'd like for Steiner to be FIRED. Either that, or hit the fuckin' gym and cut back on the steroids. Oh, and get back surgery.
That I'll agree with
Old 20 Jan 2003, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

I only wish they'll let stars wrestle at their full potential.

I also wish they let wrestlers like Benoit, Angle, Guerro, Jericho, Brock, And Edge wrestle more of a less spot based style....And let them use a Strong style......As a matter of fact......I think WWE should really think about bringing Strong Style for the whole roster.....But they shouldn't stir away from the spot based style, But if they incorparated some Strong Style moves......The finishers would be less predictable.....I mean you could almost tell the whole match from the bell, these days.

And you know most of the time when the signature move is coming......They should replace some high spots, with driver moves...

WWE has almost completely banned "driver" moves because they're dangerous.....But Austin was really the only incident where it almost crippled a performer.

But it seems like the high spots are the ones injuring people nowadays.....Rvd crushed The Games neck, Jeff Hardy is worn down from all the high spots he has performed over the years. And he seems to botch moves alot now, because he's so fucked up and beat down from doing them so much.

Drivers would help some of the wrestlers with a corny or no finisher at all, get over and to be honest the fans will really be in more suspense and take wrestling more seriously, if they seen performers dropped head 1st enough....And it's more realistic to the "casual fan" to see a match end soon after a driver move....Because they'll think if he did that in real life, "he'd (the performer) would be dead"......Cant say that about a swanton

I think they should just let the wrestler use a more varied style then, just setting up for the high spots.....It'll really make for better matches.

PS:Thanks go out to C to the C,for opening my eyes to the the lack of driver moves in the WWE.
Old 20 Jan 2003, 07:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

What about Droz, who has been cost his livelihood because of a botched "driver" move?
Old 20 Jan 2003, 07:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Should we ban clothes lines, because of DDP?