ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

My opinion on HBK.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Sep 2002, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bad Magick

Default My opinion on HBK.

Listen, HBK is one of my all-time favorite wrestlers but I am sick of all of these "Will HBK wrestle again" articles prowrestling.com has been doing. So my opinion is: HBK, if you're not going to wrestle then leave. We don't need any actors in the WWE. If HBK left the WWE then the money WWE saves might be enough to sign someone who does plan to wrestle, like Scott Steiner.
Alright, I'm sorry for what I said. I'm just sick of this "should I or shouldn't I" crap HBK has been pulling on the wrestling fans recently. I understand that HBK has a bad back but if his back bothers him so much than why is he here in the first place?
Like I said, I have great respect for HBK but I've been waiting to see him wrestle again and one match at summerslam just isn't enough. I mean HHH has got a bunch of injuries but he still wrestles like once or twice a week.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
What about that smuge?

rabid256 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rabid256

hahaha!

The thing about HBK can he wrestles... HBK knows if he can, WWE knows that info too... they just put that question up in the air to bring some heat on the story... his back is ok... he knew he was ok, the day after Summer Slam.

HBK should continue to be on RAW... who you want to replace with? RAW has a huge hole to fill...

And WWE doesn't pay much for HBK... And the amount they give... they get right back... cuz he puts people in seats... look the buyrate for Summer Slam!

It's not a lost, it's an investment!
rabid256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2002, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bad Magick

You're probably right. But if HBK waits too long to wrestle again the fans might not care anymore.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

HBKing can only hope to improveHBKing can only hope to improve

HBK is a great on-air talent regardless if he's in the ring or on the mic. That's something the WWE is lacking right now, and I think the WWE would be wise to keep him on television. HBK=Ratings=Buyrates=Money. Look at Nowinski, they're going to keep giving him these little promos about Molly's hymen, what the fuck???? I'd rather see HBK light a fart on screen than torture myself watching that butt pirate talk about Molly's virginity. Certan WWE promos have gotten so repetitive and lame that HBK is a Godsend these days to watch.

I personally love watching him perform in the ring. But, I also understand that he's at risk everytime he attempts something that compresses his spine. I think he enjoys performing a great deal still, and that he's happy in the ring. I'd rather see guys like Hogan and Flare doing an occasional match and still be on air talent, than have them work every week and show how unimpressive they've become in their old age.

When it comes down to it, the WWE is not going to run out of money. They'll go get the names they want regardless of price. I realize that they're not in the best shape right now, but they'll survive. They always do. Getting rid of HBK is definitely not the answer.
HBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2002, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord of WAREZ

Steyener is on a distinguished road

I would have to go with HBKing in this, HBK is still the showstoppa, the icon, etc...He hadn't been in the ring in forever and the crowd still erupted. He gets amazing pops, he is awesome on the mic and ppl will still come as long as he is on the card in any way.
Steyener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2002, 04:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have tickets to RAW on Monday. And it just so happens I've been waiting years for HBK to return, and it looks like the one time I can manage to get RAW in my area, it'll be the one week he won't be there (judging from them tryiing to sell his injuries). I'd die if 'Sexy Boy' hit the loud system, and I know plenty of other guys going who feel the same way.

I DO understand where you're coming from though Magick. And you make some valid points, but lets just face it, Shawn Michaels is the Showstoppa, the Icon, the MAIN EVENT, and he always will be. People who didn't watch WWF 5 years ago and dont know who HBK was went into Summerslam a little hesitant and maybe uncaring.

What do you think those people thought after that match? They had learned the history of HBK through the weeks leading up, and by the end of that match, i can say I bet they were wishing they could have seen him when he was in his prime 5-7 years ago.

Anyways man, I'm biased, I always will be. I grew up with the Heart Break Kid on my television, and always loved his matches more than anyone elses. The night I saw WM10's ladder match, sealed the deal for me, I had committed to honoring HBK as my all time favorite wrestler. That's right, i'm one of those idiots with the unoriginal signs that read 'HBK is GOD' at every show I can make it to. Even when he hadnt been on tv for years.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 04:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

HBK was an idol. I remember watching him in the awa with marty jannnety as the midnight rockers. This man will be back because he still has five to eight good matches left in him and he's said it himelf. I look for his farewell match to be at the next wrestlemania.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 05:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
'tin Man

Angry

i always though hbk milked this sort of thing far too much. out of all th wwf videos i have, mainly from before 1998, only a couple have hbk matches, cos he was always out selling some sort of injury.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 05:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

And nuch like half of these idiots above you have no clue what you're talking about. Sorry black but as a mod you need to be canned.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 05:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ah, yes. Videos eh Tin man? So you were one of those people that I'm talking about who know nothing about wrestling. The 12 year olds who go rent old PPV's or order videos from Ebay, and think they know what wrestling was like.

Certain Wrestlers were revolutionary. They did things that were previously unheard of. They came up with ideas like "Ladder Matches" and "Iron Man Matches." People raised eyebrows at them when they'd fall from the tops of cages to the floor below, and say, 'wow, why would someone do that?' These people have transformed Wrestling into Sports Entertainment, and they have made it what it is today. So if you hate todays product, then fine, don't watch it. But if you enjoy wrestling as it is now, don't disprespect people you've never heard of or seen in their prime.

Understand son?
Old 04 Sep 2002, 05:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

Yes while guys like Michaels and Jannetty were kicking ass in teams shawn came around and invented the ladder match against razor ramon and the iron man match. So as HBK said stop renting videos for your pinply ass on a friday night and your history before you run your mouth
Old 04 Sep 2002, 05:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
'tin Man

Quote:
Originally posted by HBKing
Ah, yes. Videos eh Tin man? So you were one of those people that I'm talking about who know nothing about wrestling. The 12 year olds who go rent old PPV's or order videos from Ebay, and think they know what wrestling was like.

Certain Wrestlers were revolutionary. They did things that were previously unheard of. They came up with ideas like "Ladder Matches" and "Iron Man Matches." People raised eyebrows at them when they'd fall from the tops of cages to the floor below, and say, 'wow, why would someone do that?' These people have transformed Wrestling into Sports Entertainment, and they have made it what it is today. So if you hate todays product, then fine, don't watch it. But if you enjoy wrestling as it is now, don't disprespect people you've never heard of or seen in their prime.

Understand son?
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SON?

I AM THE 'tIN MAN!!!

Ive been watching/following wrestling since 1990, so i know quite a bit about hbk.

in 1993, he dissapeared for a couple of months while ic champ. (walked out over pay/ story line suspension)

after wm10 he dissapeared untill pretty much before summerslam 94, appearing only as diesels manager.

in 1995 he turns face, and has 6 months off after being powerbombed by sid.

later in 1995, he has a month off after being attacked by sailors. (real)

he comes back at survivor series, and then gets put out another 2 months after an owen enzeguri. (work)

after losing the gold to SID at the 96 sseries, he doesnt wrestle at the following ppv and takesd the piss out of hart the whole match, when hart is a face.

at rr97, hbk wins the gold, but gives it up the next night, claiing an injury prevented him from working to his usual standard, thus scuppering all the build up to his match with bret.

after wm13 in 97, i dont know exactly when shawn returned to action, but he didnt even show on the 2 in your house ppvs after that wrestlemania.

so i am right by saying that he had a hell of a lot of absences from wwf.

i dont hate todays product, i was just saying that i have many old videos.

i taped the ppvs off the bloody telly and kept em.

also, the ladder matches were invented in stampede wrestling, and in th'olden days, matches were often best of 3 or best of 5 so iron man was nothing revoloutionary.

my point is that hbk was one of the most conspicuousely absent wrestlers, he was forever going and retuyrning.

so ive seen im in his prime, ive seen him in person at th albert hjallin 95, so alla fukking balla
Old 04 Sep 2002, 06:08 AM   #13 (permalink)

Ok man, I can admit when I'm in the wrong about someone, and I can say that I do see you know your shit. Or at least you were lucky enough to read a wrestling history web page. Regardless, I never said that HBK was the healthiest/easiest guy to get along with. I just meant to imply that when everyone worth a shit in the WWF was jumping ship in the mid 90's, that one of the guys to keep the WWF's head above water was HBK. Bret Hart was another one of these guys during that time period.

I know ladder matches and 3 or 5 falls matches aren't the product of strictly WWF fame. Once again, I just meant to imply that HBK made certain gimmicks famous and recognizeable.

I don't understand what you're getting at at this whole injury deal being over sold. HBK has a reconstructed back. No, he wasn't hurt at Summerslam. But if doctors and family members had asked you to not get back in the ring for a run, do you think you could flat out ignore them and try to make this huge comeback title run? I know I couldnt.

And you said that only a couple of your videos before 1998 had any HBK matches on them. This lead me to believe that you must not have very many videos, because as a main staple in the WWF, he was a big part of a large portion of the PPV's. I know he wasn't on every one of them, and I know that he wasn't around ALL the time. HBK has admitted he was a bit of a bastard back in the days of the Kliq.

It's just sad when someone comes into these sites acting as if they could care less about the guys who made wrestling into something mainstream like it is today. The Brunos, the Andres, the Von Erichs, the Harts, the Shawns, and the Hogans mean very little to some people on these sites. Guys who kept wrestling alive seem dull to so many people today, and that really bugs me.

Oh, and one final thing, knock this stupid gimmick off. You wonder why people question your credibility, maybe its because your posts come off as ridiculous.

Son.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 07:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

I've been watching wrestling since 1990
and been CCP off websites ever since I bet.
Now I've been watching wrestling since the
late'70s (9 or 10 yearsold) . Anyway Jr. ,
these new stars will never compare to the old stars like the Freebirds, Von Erichs, Hogan/Macho Man
and even HBK.

BTW: The pic makes you look like a goof.
Old 04 Sep 2002, 09:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
'tin Man

the pic is meant to be gooofy,

secondly, i dont have every ppv, but baically hbk had a lot of time off, i remember me and my mates were always semingly talking about the next hbk return, and wondering when he was coming back.

i wil continue to use that picturee, untill i find a really silly one

STAY GROOVY