ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Rock returned at a house show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2003, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Talking The Rock returned at a house show

WWE House Show Results (1/4) Anahiem, CA. (The Rock Returns)
Story By: Matt Boone
January 05, 2003

RAW House Show: Anahiem California (January 4th, 2003)

Hey, just thought I'd let ya know the results of the show. The attendance was very low, the arena was about 3/5 full. I got great seats from a scalper for only 25 bucks. Here is the rundown:

The Hurricane defeats Rico with the Shining Wizard. Great opener, the fans were all over Rico. The Hurricane got a great pop, and showed alot of innovation.

Steven Richards defeated Spike Dudley with his double underhook DDT, called the StephenDTT or something stupid like that. Lots of great offense by little Spike.

The Dudley Boyz defeated Christopher Nowinski and D-Lo in a tag team tables match. Bubba cut a small promo about how the fans in Anahiem wanted tables. Nowinski was very green in the ring, and botched the finish. The Dudley Boyz were set up for a 3D and he took a back body drop bump instead of a standard face bump. Bubba was visibly angry at him, ended up just powerbombing him through the table. Bubba kicked the table afterward and looked pissed off and left.

Lance Storm defeated Tommy Dreamer via the Sharpshooter. A couple of ECW chants were present, Dreamer did not get the reaction I think he deserves. Great technique by Storm, alot of USA chants as well.

Chris Jericho (with Christian) defeated Booker T with a roll-up, feet up on the ropes. It was a match specifically sanctioned by Eric Bischoff, and it was no DQ, so it was basically a handicap match the whole night. Chris Jericho had alot of fans in Anahiem.

The match ends and Chris Jericho and Christian decide to pummel Booker T. They both pull out chairs and prepare for a con-chair-to. The crowd is buzzing for Goldust. As they raise their chairs in the air, the music erupts with "IF YA SMELLLL". Every single person rose to their feet so to see The Rock sprint down the runway. He avoided both chairs, and gave Chris Jericho a Rock Bottom. Then came Christian, who recieved a Rock Bottom. The crowd was going insane and the sounds in the arena were deafening. He mounts all the turnbuckles and then calls out Booker T. He looks like he is in fantastic shape. The crowd is itching to hear him speak. "Finally the Rock has returned to Anahiem". The roof is torn off the building. He talks about how great it is to be back and how he loves the fans in Anahiem. He says "Booker, these people came to see one thing tonite, and thats the spineroony". Booker T gladly does the Spinarooney and he cuts a small promo. "Rock, I think what these people really want to see, is the Rock-A-Roonie." Booker proceeds to demonstrate the Spinarooney very slowly. The Rock gets down and looks like he is trying to learn. He doesn't seem to understand so Booker T does another Spinarooney. Thats right folks, 3 Spinarooneys in one night! Both of them have big smiles on their faces and its obvious that they are loving it. The Rock pulls off a pretty good Rock-A-Roonie, and the crowd eats it up. Booker T says "Now can you dig that.... sucka!!!!". He leaves, the Rock grabs the mike and hit his catchphrase "If ya Smell... what the Rock is cookin'". The crowd is screaming his name, a very magical moment.

--Intermission--

Victoria and Molly defeated Trish and Jackie with the help of Steven Richards. Molly got pantsed. Trish was very over in Anahiem.

Test defeated Raven with the Big Boot. The people loved Stacy, she introduced Test. She played some music and freaked with Test for a little while. He grabbed his groin like he had an errection, and asked a fan for her water bottle. He poured the water on his groin, it was very funny. Neither competetor got much of a reaction, although the match was pretty solid.

Kane defeated Rosey with an extremely weak chokeslam. Rico got his ass kicked, and Rosey was pretty impressive in the ring. Kane was in great shape for the match and he deserves to be a main event player.

RVD and Scott Steiner defeated Triple H and Batista with Ric Flair. Steiner was not worth all the buildup he has been given. He was in good shape for the match, even though it was a tag match. Steiner does a bunch of everyday moves, not terribly impressive. He managed to powerbomb Batista but it was pretty weak. Batista was an animal, although still visibily green. I cringed everytime I saw him slam RVD. RVD was very over, and hit all of his trademarks. We even saw him pick up the victory with the Five Star Frog Splash on Batista all the way across the ring. Triple H was in great form tonite, and the fans loved him. All his moves were golden. Triple H and Steiner fought up the ramp and behind the curtain. RVD stayed in the ring along time and taunted the fans with turnbuckle posing. He slapped alot of hands and did some chants.

Overall, it was a great show. I went to Unforgiven in November, and this house show was so much better. I was sad to see such poor attendance, but it was magical to see the return of the Rock. Great show, I recommend going to see the Raw brand when they are near you.

Biggest Pops:
1.) The Rock (by far!)
2.) Triple H
3.) RVD

Biggest Heat:
1.) Ric Flair
2.) Chris Jericho
3.) Batista
Old 05 Jan 2003, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
4th Member of Team Xtreme

LittleLita82 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LittleLita82

Umm not to be rude but Unforgiven is in September not November.

So Steiner is not all he is cracked up to be? That's what I keep hearing from people that have attended house shows. I guess the rest of the world will find out on January 19. But I wasn't impressed with him the first night he debuted at Survivor Series(which by the way is in November). I just hope he doesn't get injured because then WWE would have spent money on him that could have gone elsewhere.

Yea, the RAW brand is better in my mind. I went to a RAW in July and loved it. I think they put on a better live show, but that's just me. Kurt Angle, though, is awesome. And I am a pretty big Edgehead. Those two and Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore are the only reason I would want to see a SD! house show.
LittleLita82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2003, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Look for the same angle with Book and ROck to be on WWE TV soon. At the house show I went to when the invasion angle was on, Rock and Austin did the whole margaritaville thing, a week later it was on RAW. HOuse shows are usually a rehersal for an angle like that so they brass can see what type of reaction things get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2003, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
- I M M O R T A L -

's Avatar

is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to

Sounds awesome to me
When I close my eyes...
I fear what I'm about to see...

AIM:GoT th3 Lif3</center>
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2003, 12:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

sugafree714 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The Rock Is Back!!!!!!!!

I WAS AT THE RAW HOUSE SHOW ON SAT. IN ANAHEIM, DURING THE JERICHO/ BOOKER T MATCH. AT THE END, JERICHO AND CHRISTIAN WERE BEATING BOOKER T DOWN, INSTEAD OF GOLDUST, ROCK'S MUSIC HIT, AND THE GREAT ONE RAN INTO THE RING DELIVERING THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW TO JERICHO. AFTER THAT HE JOKED AROUND WITH BOOKER T AND EVEN DOING THE ROCK-A-RONI. WELL I GOT THE PICS. AND EVEN SOME FOOTAGE TO PROVE HE'S COMING BACK VERY SOON. ANY ?'S, HIT ME BACK UP.
sugafree714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2003, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

wrong forum junior

allow me to redirect you
Old 06 Jan 2003, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

sugafree714 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

WAS THERE IN ANAHEIM GOT PICS. AND EVEN SOME FOOTAGE OF THE ROCK'S HOUSE SHOW RETURN. THE SHOW WAS AWESOME
sugafree714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2003, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

I merge the Rock is back thread with this.
Old 06 Jan 2003, 04:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

The only reason the Rock made an apearence in Anahiem is cause he was on location in Hollywood. They probably wanted to test the fan's and se what kind of reaction he got. I expect the Rock to return 1 week after Now way out, around the beggining of March.
Old 06 Jan 2003, 01:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

NAh.....look for it sooner, That way theres enough time to build a proper angle for Mania. Maybe RR? or before NWO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote