ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > WarZone

WarZone This is the fights forum, where all user/user fights should go.

Exo vs. Reb, the fued continues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2007, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Exo vs. Reb, the fued continues.

Quote:
Boston 103, Washington 83
By HOWARD ULMAN,
AP Sports Writer
November 3, 2007
AP - Nov 2, 11:45 pm EDT

BOSTON (AP) -- Kevin Garnett walked off the court raising his right index finger to the cheering crowd. By his side, Paul Pierce did the same -- a rare gesture of triumph for the long-suffering Celtics star.

There was 2:30 left in the game and Boston had been in control since the middle of the second quarter. The Celtics beat the Washington Wizards 103-83 on Friday night, opening their most promising season in Pierce's 10 years with the club.

"I'm at a place right now in my career, I couldn't ask for anything better," said Pierce, who led Boston with 28 points.

Garnett did it all -- 22 points, 20 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and three steals -- in a dazzling debut with Boston. He was introduced to a standing ovation and left to cheers that echoed from the rafters where the team's 16 championship banners were hanging.

"Tonight was rocking, man," he said.

When Pierce had to, as he did for most of his other nine seasons with the Celtics, he did it by himself.

He spoke to the crowd before the game when a brief ceremony was held naming the court for Red Auerbach, the Celtics patriarch who died four days before Boston's opener last year.

Then, with the Celtics ahead 27-24 with 10:30 left in the second quarter and Garnett and fellow newcomer Ray Allen on the bench, Pierce scored seven of Boston's next 11 points to make the score 38-26 before they re-entered.

"We're just trying to keep Paul with that second unit so they have a go-to guy every time," coach Doc Rivers said. "And Paul knows that it's his time."

Allen had his moments. He scored 17 points for a franchise that won just three playoff series in Pierce's career.

Now, after offseason trades for Garnett and Allen, the Celtics are a popular choice to go far in the postseason. Not bad for a team that had the longest losing streak in its history last season, 18 games, and finished with its second-worst record, 24-58.

The opening-night rout should grab the attention of other teams.

"It's a good message to put out there," Allen said, "but we'll be tried every night."
Well certainly a whole season is left to play and you've got to play the games...but has anyone else noticed that Boston teams lately are pretty much trying to buy championships?

Boston's World Series this year and the one a couple of years ago...bought.

If the Pats win the Super Bowl this year...bought.

The Celtics...

I guess in today's sports world it's nothing major...to Boston fans anyways.

But despite the fact that the Wiz are incredibly inept as a team...that was an impressive win. Discuss the new look, store bought Celtics.

Personally, I think Paul Pierce is getting the shaft. Some mag had Pierce, KG and Ray on the cover and KG was the centerpiece. That's just wrong.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Oh well...I'm a Phoenix Suns fan anyways.

The Red Sox got lucky, even I will admit that plus there is no guarantee that the Pats will even be in a Super Bowl this year nevermind win it.

Oh yeah and the Bruins with a Stanley Cup......LOL!!!

Last edited by BOSTON; 03 Nov 2007 at 11:09 AM.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 02:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

They might have got the World Series...but I'm 100000% sure they not going to get the NBA title...The Spurs still playing in the NBA last time I checked...
Old 03 Nov 2007, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Beckett
Oh yeah and the Bruins with a Stanley Cup......LOL!!!
Didn't say anything about the Bruins...I know better than that.

Shit they had to outsource Ray Borque for him to win one...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 03 Nov 2007, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Pats won 3, they didn't have to buy them. Hell they gave away top players, and still won titles. Patriots don't buy championships, they win them. But if you can buy one, why not? If you're a owner you should "spend" money to win championships, so in retrospect , you should buy championships if you have the money for it. The Yankees have being trying to buy championships for years.

Seems like a argument spoken by someone who's team can't win, or afford to win shit.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
Pats won 3, they didn't have to buy them. Hell they gave away top players, and still won titles. Patriots don't buy championships, they win them. But if you can buy one, why not? If you're a owner you should "spend" money to win championships, so in retrospect , you should buy championships if you have the money for it. The Yankees have being trying to buy championships for years.

Seems like a argument spoken by someone who's team can't win, or afford to win shit.
Well look at this... i'm going to completely agree with you on something.

I'd rather have an owner spend everything then nothing at all.
Old 03 Nov 2007, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Certainly their 3 Super Bowls weren't bought. I was referring mainly to the Red Sox, but with regard to my mention of the Pats, I was referring to the one that they've attempted to buy this past offseason.

Although saying they gave away "top" players is a little much.

Quote:
This seems like the rebuttal of someone who's team would rather buy what they can no longer earn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Well look at this... i'm going to completely agree with you on something.

I'd rather have an owner spend everything then nothing at all.
Spoken like a true Cowboys fan...

Late.

Old 03 Nov 2007, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Old 03 Nov 2007, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Certainly their 3 Super Bowls weren't bought. I was referring mainly to the Red Sox

Late.
How did the Red Sox buy a championship when it was 2 rookies that that basically won it for them?
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

i'd take a championship anyday..idc how u get it
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Certainly their 3 Super Bowls weren't bought. I was referring mainly to the Red Sox, but with regard to my mention of the Pats, I was referring to the one that they've attempted to buy this past offseason.
They're not really buying this one. I they innquired the best reciever in the world to compliment the best qb in the world. Brady has gone long enough without a quality reciever. While Manning has had the luxury of Harrison and Wayne for years. The Patriots didn't buy anything, they gave Moss the job that any reciever in the league would've tooken not named Harrison or Wayne.

Quote:
Although saying they gave away "top" players is a little much.
They did, they for pretty much told a host of players fuck them when their contracts expired. People thought Belichick was a idiot for doing so, but it turned out it was genious. In a era where "Free Agents" rule the turf, he was able to win 3 championships without jumping on every so called "Impact Player" that came on the market, Belichick turned them down. Until, a real Impact player like Moss was available.

Quote:
This seems like the rebuttal of someone who's team would rather buy what they can no longer earn.
If you got it to spend, spend it. I rather spend money on a championship in 2008, 2009, and 2010, then build to a championbship from now to 2015. Thats common sense. Spoken like a winner.[/QUOTE]

Old 03 Nov 2007, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. Those are the big names they let go. Neither of those guys have done shit since other than pull fat paychecks. I don't even know what team either of those cats are on this year or were on last year.

Everyone else...shit...let them go. The noname wide receivers?? Bye. No big deal.

Corey Dillon?? Bye. No big deal. Although he might resign for the remainder of this year from what I hear...but no big deal to let him go...they won the first Super Bowl with Antwain freaking Smith. Nothing major.

Willie McGinnest?? Please. If he didn't have veteran savvy and Romeo Crennel's nuts hanging off his chin, he'd be in Arizona or some shit, doing nothing like his buddies Ty and Lawyer. As it is, he's not really doing much more than nothing now.

Maybe they made a big deal about it in the Boston area...but nowhere else was that more than a couple inches on the ticker...those weren't big letdowns. Neither Milloy or Law were even close to being worth the bank they got and everyone knew it. Really I'd say at this point they're underacheivers. If they're even still in the league.

They didn't however let the real talent like Seymour, Samuel or Mr. Giselle Bunchen go.

They did go to the talent store however and pick up Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth and Adalius Thomas. And it's really those guys have pretty much put them over the top this year.

Late.

Old 04 Nov 2007, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

The Pats got 3 recievers (Moss the most talented one, took a pay cut for 3 million), because they have always been pretty weak at the Reciever position, how Brady carried Deion Branch to a ring and Superbowl mvp shows he's the best qb ever. Now Brady has 3 guys who can make plays, all 3 are basically on a test run, and thats how their contracts are structured. Stallworth might not even be around at the end of the season, same for Welker (Especially when it comes time to resign Moss), they're basically there to be "the other guys" not named Moss.

The only guy they've really invested in was Thomas, and thats smart because there D is getting kind of old, and they new LB to shake things up.

None of this qulaifies as "buying a championship", The Patriots basically did what they're supposed to do in the off season, improve on their weaknessess, and that's what they did. Their Recieving core has always been kind of weak, they went and got A Great Reciever and 2 potentially good recievers. There D was kind of old, LB's is getting kind of old, so they added a pretty good LB. Again, I don't they see how this equals in to "Buying a CFhampionship"...Which there is nothing wrong with doing, if you have the money, and can spend it.

Old 04 Nov 2007, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Ummm...Who really cares how the players who win are there..As long as they are........ Ya know..

There. Seems ike a pointless thing to start an argument about.
Old 04 Nov 2007, 12:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
Ummm...Who really cares how the players who win are there..As long as they are........ Ya know..

There. Seems ike a pointless thing to start an argument about.
It is...Really, it is.