ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GBOAT R5 8. AC/DC vs. 3. Lynyrd Skynyrd
View Poll Results: AC/DC vs. Lynyrd Skynyrd
AC/DC 13 59.09%
Lynyrd Skynyrd 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default GBOAT R5 8. AC/DC vs. 3. Lynyrd Skynyrd

8. AC/DC

vs.

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

AC/DC
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

This should be AC/DC vs. Metallica.

The Stones, although a joke the past twenty years, were original and inspirational. And rightfully moved on.

There is no way that Skynyrd is better than Metallica.

So, The Redneck National Anthem Band will die here.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

AC/DC
Old 26 Sep 2005, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'm really sick of all the Skynyrd ass kissing. I really don't see the big deal with them. It stops here.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by _UT_
This should be AC/DC vs. Metallica.

The Stones, although a joke the past twenty years, were original and inspirational. And rightfully moved on.

There is no way that Skynyrd is better than Metallica.

So, The Redneck National Anthem Band will die here.
No one with half a brian could possibly say that Metallica was ever slightly better than Lynyrd Skynyrd. Skynyrd was better on so many levels that it's ridiculous. They had more talent, they wrote better songs, they didn't betray their fans, they never conformed to the modern music scene... I could go on and on.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam The Pirate
No one with half a brian could possibly say that Metallica was ever slightly better than Lynyrd Skynyrd. Skynyrd was better on so many levels that it's ridiculous. They had more talent, they wrote better songs, they didn't betray their fans, they never conformed to the modern music scene... I could go on and on.
All opinion Sam, remember. To you, They wrote better songs and had more talent.

I'm sorry, but 'Tallica's songs are way more complicated to play and are much longer with numerous variations within the song itself. All the hacks that could play guitar in PHS and in my Gaurd Unit can play Skynyrd, but can't seem to play anything from 'Tallica but Enter Sandman.

And if Metallica really betrayed their fans, why do all their albums go to No. 1 and platinum in two weeks to a month?

BTW, Skynyrd wrote just songs, while Metallica wrote SONGS AND ALBUMS.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
All the hacks that could play guitar in PHS and in my Gaurd Unit can play Skynyrd, but can't seem to play anything from 'Tallica but Enter Sandman.
If you want to get into who has better guitar players, I can name off at least a dozen guitarists that would blow James and Kirk away, Ed King and Allen Collins being two of them. They might not have done anything super hard, but they were the best southern rock guitarists ever. Don't get me wrong, Kirk is VERY awesome at what he does, but he's not the best metal player..

I think the next tournament should be the greatest guitarist of all time, this whole tournament has turned into quite the guitarist rant..

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown

Last edited by Scuzz; 26 Sep 2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Go ahead, vote Skynyrd out just becuase they beat your precious Metallica. But Metallica still cant touch them.

Quote:

Skynyrd wrote almost every song on every album they made. that made no sense.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
I'm really sick of all the Skynyrd ass kissing. I really don't see the big deal with them. It stops here.
so obviously you dont care for southern rock and you're in love with the metallicas and Velvet revolvers of the modern rock world, but what's with the disgust for them? Do you just hate them that bad or are you just that bitter that they beat out a few of your fav's?
Old 26 Sep 2005, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K
Go ahead, vote Skynyrd out just becuase they beat your precious Metallica. But Metallica still cant touch them.
You are really getting a little fussy about this.

Quote:
Skynyrd wrote almost every song on every album they made. that made no sense.
It makes no sense the way you interpreted as. Skynryd has only singles to their credit. Nobody can remember an Skynyrd album, just singles. Metallica had singles and albums. People know 'Tallica songs and entire albums.

I never said James and Kirk are the best, they are not. However they are better in evey way than Skynyrd.

Late.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
so obviously you dont care for southern rock and you're in love with the metallicas and Velvet revolvers of the modern rock world, but what's with the disgust for them? Do you just hate them that bad or are you just that bitter that they beat out a few of your fav's?
I don't hate them. They have a few songs I like. But you guys talk like they are one of the greatest bands of all time. I just don't understand why you guys think so. Like I said before, they have a few popular songs, but after Freebird, Sweet Home Alabama, and Tuesdays Gone they have nothing. But your right that I don't care for southern rock. Never really have, and probably never will. I'm not just voting against Skynyrd to knock them out this round. I do think that AC/DC dererves to move on.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 09:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Nobody can remember an Skynyrd album, just singles.
Christ. I was going to stay out of this and laugh at your stupidity, but to say that nobody will remember Second Helping, Street Survivors or hell, even Pronounced is just plain absurd.

Your blindness and blatent bias toward not liking a band because they're not "as popular", even tho they're a much better all around band, amazes me.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 26 Sep 2005, 09:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
All opinion Sam, remember. To you, They wrote better songs and had more talent.
That's true and I don't have much to say to that.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but 'Tallica's songs are way more complicated to play and are much longer with numerous variations within the song itself. All the hacks that could play guitar in PHS and in my Gaurd Unit can play Skynyrd, but can't seem to play anything from 'Tallica but Enter Sandman.
So a song being complicated to play on guitar makes it great? I don't know if you've heard any AC/DC songs... but they're not that difficult. Take a song like "Imagine" for example... it's quite possibly one of the greatest songs ever written and their's no denying it. However, it is simply a piano playing one of the simplest piano parts ever. "Freebird" is still debated against "Stairway To Heaven" as the greatest song ever.

Also, Skynyrd's guitarists had a lot more talent than James or Kirk. Their live performances prove it. Kirk is not necessarilly a great metal guitarist. Believe it or not, the better guitarist of the two is James. Dave, however, puts the both of them to shame and could very well be the greatest metal guitarist ever (above EVH).

Quote:
And if Metallica really betrayed their fans, why do all their albums go to No. 1 and platinum in two weeks to a month?
They betrayed their fans. Don't deny it. You've seen the footage of pissed off Metallica fans burning their albums in 2001.

Quote:
Skynyrd wrote albums as well. It doesn't matter if people remember their albums. People can name AC/DC's albums... were AC/DC's albums good? No. There were one or two songs that were amazing and that's why people know their albums. The arguement is very debatable. While it may be opinion, I consider all of Skynyrd's best songs better than all of Metallica's best songs. Hell, Metallica even covered one of Skynyrd's songs.

Quote:
You are really getting a little fussy about this.
Well, he should be. It's hard to hear people actually say that Metallica is better than Skynyrd.

Quote:
I never said James and Kirk are the best, they are not. However they are better in evey way than Skynyrd.
That statement is completely false. I suggest you listen to some live Skynyrd bootlegs. To say James and Kirk are better guitarists than Skynyrd's guitarists is just wrong.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarab
Christ. I was going to stay out of this and laugh at your stupidity, but to say that nobody will remember Second Helping, Street Survivors or hell, even Pronounced is just plain absurd.
Au contrere.

Nobody except die-hard Skynard fans have heard those titles.

However, casual rock fans have heard and recognize Master Of Puppets, And Justice for All, The Black Album (even though they proably don't know that the actual title is Metallica), and even Kill 'Em All. Ride The Lightning, Load and Reload, and St. Anger might be a little obscure for casual fans.

But not casual fan wqould know your aformentioned titles.

And like Reb said, outside of The Redneck National Anthem, Freebird, and Tuesday's Gone, nobody would recognise a Skynyrd song, much less and album.

Late.
Closed Thread