ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GBOAT R3 3. Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. 12. Van Halen
View Poll Results: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. Van Halen
Lynyrd Skynyrd 12 66.67%
Van Halen 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default GBOAT R3 3. Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. 12. Van Halen

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd

vs.

12. Van Halen

Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Van Halen.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Three of the most underrated guitarists of all time (four if you count Ed King) vs. the most overrated guitarist of all time.

Skynyrd.

Ya, I have EVH's guitar, but that don't mean I like him..

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well I know VH basically has no shot of winning this round because everyone seems to be in love with Lynyrd Skynyrd for some reason, but i'm voting for them anyways. VH has put out way more hits then Lynyrd Skynyrd. If you ask most people they could only name off like two Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, but with VH they could probably name about a dozen.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I have not liked every Skynyrd song I have ever heard.

Van Halen for me.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarab
Three of the most underrated guitarists of all time (four if you count Ed King) vs. the most overrated guitarist of all time.

Skynyrd.

Ya, I have EVH's guitar, but that don't mean I like him..
How can you called Eddie overrated? He is the best guitarist of all time. Period.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
How can you called Eddie overrated? He is the best guitarist of all time. Period.
Yeah no shit.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Well I know VH basically has no shot of winning this round because everyone seems to be in love with Lynyrd Skynyrd for some reason, but i'm voting for them anyways. VH has put out way more hits then Lynyrd Skynyrd. If you ask most people they could only name off like two Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, but with VH they could probably name about a dozen.
People like Skynyrd because they're so great. And the amount of hits VH had to Skynyrd is probably about equal. VH's only really popular mainstream hits were Runnin' With The Devil, Jump, Hot For Teacher, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, and Panama. Skynyrd had Freebird (that alone should outweigh anything that VH has done), Sweet Home Alabama, Call Me The Breeze, That Smell, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Simple Man. Honestly, when I was younger, I could not name one VH song but I could name about three Lynyrd Skynyrd songs.

The only thing that could possibly cause VH to win this is Eddie because he is an amazing guitarist and basically innovated shredding. He may have created tapping as well.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
If you ask a real guitarist, he's not. He puts zero feeling into his solos. It's the reason people say Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton are the greatest. Basically because you could have a whole conversation with their guitar.

If you're going to ask someone who just loves shredding, he's still not the greatest because he's not the fastest. I believe that name is reserved for Joe Satriani who can get up to 24 notes per second.

What's so great about Eddie is that he basically created shredding. That's it. Doesn't make him the best at it.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. And my opinion is that Eddie is overrated. Ya, he gets credit for inventing tapping (which Jimi Hendrix actually did), using a whammy bar/harmonics/effects pedals like nobody has ever heard before, blah blah blah. He even has credit for inventing a whole new sound, called the Brown Sound.

I'll give him credit, he can play, very very very well, but I don't think he's the best. To me, that title can only be held by the late Stevie Ray Vaughan...aka the EVH of the blues.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 16 Sep 2005, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. And my opinion is that Eddie is overrated. Ya, he gets credit for inventing tapping (which Jimi Hendrix actually did), using a whammy bar/harmonics/effects pedals like nobody has ever heard before, blah blah blah. He even has credit for inventing a whole new sound, called the Brown Sound.

I'll give him credit, he can play, very very very well, but I don't think he's the best. To me, that title can only be held by the late Stevie Ray Vaughan...aka the EVH of the blues.
SRV was great, and if you ever get to see some of his live video footage, it's a treat.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 03:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

I have a couple of his live sets on DVD. I think the best one is Austin City Limits

Old 16 Sep 2005, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Wow...I just noticed this now. WTF IS WITH THAT VAN HALEN PIC!?!?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Well. EVH is standing next to Gary Cherone, making the number 3 with his fingers. Probably something to do with Gary being the third vocalist.

Old 16 Sep 2005, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Well. EVH is standing next to Gary Cherone, making the number 3 with his fingers. Probably something to do with Gary being the third vocalist.
Its probably a promotional photo for the release of Van Halen - 3, which was the album Gary was on.
Closed Thread