ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GBOAT R3 2. Black Sabbath vs. 13. The Eagles
View Poll Results: Black Sabbath vs. The Eagles
Black Sabbath 6 37.50%
The Eagles 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2005, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default GBOAT R3 2. Black Sabbath vs. 13. The Eagles

2. Black Sabbath

vs.

13. The Eagles

Old 13 Sep 2005, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm stickin' with The Eagles...
Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Sabbath.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

There's no reason the Eagles should lose this one. Black Sabbath may have created metal... but they definitely weren't the best. Their heavy sound was only due to Tony Iommi's two "half fingers" on his fretting hand. Basically, he had to tune the guitar way down so that the strings were loose enough for him to get the sound.

Sabbath lost all credibilty really when Ozzy left the first time. Ozzy left and they brought in Ronnie James Dio. Now as a solo artist, Dio was great... in Sabbath, he defined the word suck. Bill Ward (drummer) stuck around for an album with Dio then decided he had had enough and got out of the band. He was replaced by Vinny Appice who was a really amazing drummer, but two band members replaced... Sabbath's starting to look like a fake. Anyway, Vinny first appeared on Mob Rules, I think in 1981. 1983 rolls around... boom, Dio and Vince are out. Ward is back in. Yay, Ozzy must be back too... wrong. Ian Gillan took over as lead vocals. For those of us who thought Sabbath vocals couldn't get anyworse... we were shocked.

The Seventh Star was released in 1986. Ian Gillan's short stint was no more (thank God). However, so was Bill Ward's short return. The big shocker here was that another original member decided to leave for the first time. Geezer Butler (bassist) was asked to leave the band by Tony Iommi because he didn't feel his skills were up to par. Hmm... that leaves one original band member left in the band; Tony Iommi. It was only fitting that his picture be the only picture on the cover of "The Seventh Star". After all, it is his project. Anywho, Dave Spitz replaced Geezer on bass. Glen Hughes replaced Ian on vocals (even worse). Bill Ward was replaced this time by Eric Singer. Eric Singer is currently a member of KISS.

A new year, a new album. Glen Hughes was replaced by Tony Martin, the only decent Ozzy replacement. Dave Spitz was replaced by someone on bass... I can't think of who. Bob something.

1989 rolls around. New album, still no sign of anymore original band members. Tony Martin remained and was thus named the longest lasting vocalist since Dio. The bassist was replaced, yet again by some no-name. Eric Singer left Sabbath for a stint with KISS. Cozy Powell replaced him.

Advance a year. Bam... new bassist. Everyone else stays. Good job, Tony. Still no sign of original band members.

A year later and Ronnie James Dio is back of vocals. Coming along with him is former Sabbath replacement drummer Vinny Appice. Sabbath has another bassist... but this time it's the original Geezer Butler. Things are looking good (except for Dio).

Dio and Vinny are gone again. Tony Martin returns on vocals.

I think by the album Forbidden, which I'm almost positive was released in '95, Geezer was gone yet again.

Sabbath released a greatest hits album in 1996. Post-Ozzy stuff. I remember laughing when I saw the album in the store and looked at the back and saw the artists. All instruments (vocals, bass, drums) had four or more names listed except for guitar... just Tony I.

Two years later, Sabbath came back to their senses. The original Black Sabbath (including Ozzy) got together to record a live album. Well, the album wasn't completely live. Dio recorded some noticeable over-dubs.

Well, in the upcoming years... the original lineup put out a greatest hits album, a greatest hits set of material from 1970-1978, and a box set.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the line-up changes were just ridiculous. Worse than GNR. That's the main reason I didn't vote for Sabbath. Where did I get all this info from? That's just what a few years of being a hardcore Sabbath fan does to you.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Sabbath
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

Sabbath doesn't do enough for me musically...I voted the Eagles
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

the Eagles
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Eagles...

Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I voted for Sabbath. Why? Cause Ozzy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Don Henley anyday

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

The Eagles.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarab
I voted for Sabbath. Why? Cause Ozzy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Don Henley anyday
pfft...."Dirty Laundry" > you

Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Cook
There's no reason the Eagles should lose this one. Black Sabbath may have created metal... but they definitely weren't the best. Their heavy sound was only due to Tony Iommi's two "half fingers" on his fretting hand. Basically, he had to tune the guitar way down so that the strings were loose enough for him to get the sound.

Sabbath lost all credibilty really when Ozzy left the first time. Ozzy left and they brought in Ronnie James Dio. Now as a solo artist, Dio was great... in Sabbath, he defined the word suck. Bill Ward (drummer) stuck around for an album with Dio then decided he had had enough and got out of the band. He was replaced by Vinny Appice who was a really amazing drummer, but two band members replaced... Sabbath's starting to look like a fake. Anyway, Vinny first appeared on Mob Rules, I think in 1981. 1983 rolls around... boom, Dio and Vince are out. Ward is back in. Yay, Ozzy must be back too... wrong. Ian Gillan took over as lead vocals. For those of us who thought Sabbath vocals couldn't get anyworse... we were shocked.

The Seventh Star was released in 1986. Ian Gillan's short stint was no more (thank God). However, so was Bill Ward's short return. The big shocker here was that another original member decided to leave for the first time. Geezer Butler (bassist) was asked to leave the band by Tony Iommi because he didn't feel his skills were up to par. Hmm... that leaves one original band member left in the band; Tony Iommi. It was only fitting that his picture be the only picture on the cover of "The Seventh Star". After all, it is his project. Anywho, Dave Spitz replaced Geezer on bass. Glen Hughes replaced Ian on vocals (even worse). Bill Ward was replaced this time by Eric Singer. Eric Singer is currently a member of KISS.

A new year, a new album. Glen Hughes was replaced by Tony Martin, the only decent Ozzy replacement. Dave Spitz was replaced by someone on bass... I can't think of who. Bob something.

1989 rolls around. New album, still no sign of anymore original band members. Tony Martin remained and was thus named the longest lasting vocalist since Dio. The bassist was replaced, yet again by some no-name. Eric Singer left Sabbath for a stint with KISS. Cozy Powell replaced him.

Advance a year. Bam... new bassist. Everyone else stays. Good job, Tony. Still no sign of original band members.

A year later and Ronnie James Dio is back of vocals. Coming along with him is former Sabbath replacement drummer Vinny Appice. Sabbath has another bassist... but this time it's the original Geezer Butler. Things are looking good (except for Dio).

I think by the album Forbidden, which I'm almost positive was released in '95, Geezer was gone yet again.

Sabbath released a greatest hits album in 1996. Post-Ozzy stuff. I remember laughing when I saw the album in the store and looked at the back and saw the artists. All instruments (vocals, bass, drums) had four or more names listed except for guitar... just Tony I.

Two years later, Sabbath came back to their senses. The original Black Sabbath (including Ozzy) got together to record a live album. Well, the album wasn't completely live. Dio recorded some noticeable over-dubs.

Well, in the upcoming years... the original lineup put out a greatest hits album, a greatest hits set of material from 1970-1978, and a box set.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the line-up changes were just ridiculous. Worse than GNR. That's the main reason I didn't vote for Sabbath. Where did I get all this info from? That's just what a few years of being a hardcore Sabbath fan does to you.
Wow. I didn't know about all of that. I thought Dio was the only other singer in Sabbath. Wow, do I ever feel stupid now.

Sabbath is an alright band. The only reason why I voted for them was because I haven't heard alot of Eagles songs. I still think Ozzy's solo stuff is better then Sabbath.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

The Eagles are amazing, I own 4 of their albums and they're all awesome, that and I've never really been to into the metal scene.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 12:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTRIna

Well, I got what I asked for.
Closed Thread