ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GBOAT R3 1. Led Zeppelin vs. 15. Pink Floyd
View Poll Results: Led Zeppelin vs. Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin 12 66.67%
Pink Floyd 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2005, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default GBOAT R3 1. Led Zeppelin vs. 15. Pink Floyd

1. Led Zeppelin

vs.

15. Pink Floyd

Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Floyd. No further comment.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Floyd.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Zepplin
Old 13 Sep 2005, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

As much as I love Zeppelin....I still voted for them.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Led Zeppelin
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How ev'rything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How ev'rything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.
I have a poster that says that.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Uh oh...time to pull the ol' eenie meenie minee moe out..

Zeppelin...

Not a bad choice I suppose...just kinda wish it woulda went to Floyd

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Led Zeppelin.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 01:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Wow...this is really, really, really, really, really sad right now.

You people disappoint me.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman
As much as I love Zeppelin....I still voted for them.
That...doesn't make any sense

The way you started the sentence, makes it look like you would vote against Zep

I voted for Floyd
Old 14 Sep 2005, 10:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel

Why is that?

The voting is alot closer than I personally thought it would be.

This is probably the hardest decision I've had with this whole "tournament". I really really like both bands, ALOT.

As far as which band I like more, I'd say Floyd, hands down. But if I had to choose the one that more deserves to be named "The Best", then I'd vote for Zeppelin, as should anyone else.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Old 14 Sep 2005, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel

No it's not. It's not surprising at all. This poll could've gone either way. I'll put in my two cents.

Pink Floyd were amazing song writers, however, Led Zeppelin definitely consisted of the better musicians. Jimmy Page is quite possibly the greatest living guitarist. While Dave Gilmour was great, he was still no match for Jimmy Page and I found him very overrated in his actual solo ability. Jimmy Page could play a fucking amazing guitar solo with a violin bow for God's sake. John Paul Jones, despite what you're going to hear others say, was probably the most talented musician in Led Zeppelin. Again, Roger Waters may have been the better song writer, but Jones was the better musician. Comparing John Bonham and Nick Mason is basically pointless. Mason was a great drummer, don't get me wrong, but Bonham's drum solos and endurance totally slaughtered anything Nick Mason played.

To say it's sad that either band is ahead of the other is just wrong. Both were probably the two most innovative bands ever. Pink Floyd popularized progressive rock (among other things), while Led Zeppelin is considered by many the first hard rock band. Quite frankly, you're going to find a lot more bands saying they were influenced by Led Zeppelin than by Pink Floyd. Not because one band is different than the other, but because Led Zeppelin was more rock and involved the basic instruments more so than Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd may have put out some of the greatest albums ever recorded, but Led Zeppelin put out some of the greatest songs ever recorded.

Both bands are so incredibly equal in greatness that it's ridiculous to even say that you're disappointed that one band is winning over the other.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

Alright, Sam, I just wanna clarify one thing, don't make it seem like I'm attacking you or whatnot, but have you ever heard the term "less is more"?

I mean, I'm not gonna try to defend Nick Mason being a better drummer than John Bonham, because that's just silly. But, like the Beatles (and I'm not trying to turn this into another Beatles'/Ringo discussion), Pink Floyd didn't need a kick-ass, 15 minute solo drummer. Nick Mason's style fit perfectly with Floyd. Am I saying Mason could have created or even mimmicked something along the lines of "Moby Dick"? No, because he probably can't, but it doesn't deny that Nick Mason was a great drummer. Yea, I know that's kinda what you said in a few sentences, but I just wanted to share my opinion