ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GBOAT R2 1. Led Zeppelin vs. 29. Stone Temple Pilots
View Poll Results: Led Zeppelin vs. Stone Temple Pilots
Led Zeppelin 14 87.50%
Stone Temple Pilots 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default GBOAT R2 1. Led Zeppelin vs. 29. Stone Temple Pilots

1. Led Zeppelin

vs.

29. Stone Temple Pilots

Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Now if STP wins this, then you can start crying.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

If Zepplin doesn't win this round then baby Jesus will cry.

You wouldn't want to upset baby Jesus would YOU?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Once again...

Scott is a god.

I don't care how many records Zeppelin sold. STP is probably the best band from the early 90s. Zeppelin may have been one of the best bands in the 70s, but as far as i'm concerned early 90s> 70s.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Once again...

Scott is a god.

I don't care how many records Zeppelin sold. STP is probably the best band from the early 90s. Zeppelin may have been one of the best bands in the 70s, but as far as i'm concerned early 90s> 70s.
No way, sir. The 90's was probably the worst decade for rock music. Although, there were a few incredibly great bands that came out of the 90's.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
No way, sir. The 90's was probably the worst decade for rock music. Although, there were a few incredibly great bands that came out of the 90's.
Sam...you're deluded. Obviously you've never heard of the 80's or the 2000's. The 90's were outstanding, a much needed breath of fresh air after the completely lame 80's and the okay 70's which was really just a decade where rockers were still trying to hold on to the outstanding 60's. And this decade has thusfar been nothing short of depressing as far as rock music goes.

I'm not saying Zep shouldn't win because they're one of the best ever but when it comes to music...the 90's were one of the few decades where true originality drove music. Sorry to say this, but your opinion is wrong here...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Sam...you're deluded. Obviously you've never heard of the 80's or the 2000's. The 90's were outstanding, a much needed breath of fresh air after the completely lame 80's and the okay 70's which was really just a decade where rockers were still trying to hold on to the outstanding 60's. And this decade has thusfar been nothing short of depressing as far as rock music goes.

I'm not saying Zep shouldn't win because they're one of the best ever but when it comes to music...the 90's were one of the few decades where true originality drove music. Sorry to say this, but your opinion is wrong here...

Late.
Well, I didn't even think about this decade. I actually liked the 80's. I like hair metal. I guess when I think about it though, you're probably right. I just find a lot of 90's bands to sound the same. There were only a few bands I liked... I think about it now and realize that there were even fewer from the 80's that I liked.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Well, I didn't even think about this decade. I actually liked the 80's. I like hair metal. I guess when I think about it though, you're probably right. I just find a lot of 90's bands to sound the same. There were only a few bands I liked... I think about it now and realize that there were even fewer from the 80's that I liked.
Well of course once Alternative proved to be a power at the cash register, the record execs jumped all over it...and that really sucked.

But STP, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Primus, P.J. Harvey...they were pioneers. When they cut their first major label CDs (in Nirvana's case, their first 2 releases), execs were sweating bullets...then they just wanted to count their money so they found "more of the same" if you follow me. By the time 1996 rolled around, the "Alternative" aspect of Alternative music was mainstream, and that sucked.

I remember we had a radio station that started in late 1994 called "The Nerve." When they first came on, all they played was Seattle music and the only commercial they had was a 5 minute Molson Ice spot. It was fucking glorious. A year later and there were more commercials than music, and the radio sounded more like the pop music station than what it was supposed to be.

So not that I don't understand where you're coming from, but don't tell me that there weren't a million crappy rock bands in the 70s trying to sound like Zep and the Allmans in the very same way that those corny poseurs popped up in the 90s...it happens. Blame the record execs and MTV.

And hair metal was cool, but well, let me just throw some examples of how the same thing happened there too...Enuff Z' Nuff, Cinderella, Britney Fox, Shotgun Messiah, Warrant, etc etc etc...any type of music that is successful will have a million other acts pop out of nowhere to inundate the market with total garbage. Record execs are rich and greedy...look at how many millions of records are sold every month and for some reason the industry is in a "slump."

I'd like to have a slump like that...fucking assholes.

Best record label ever = elektra...they have a bottom line but weren't/aren't afraid to take a chance on something new, exciting and very good.

Late.

Old 23 Aug 2005, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Page and Plant eat Weiland for a snack
Old 23 Aug 2005, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

For the poll, I'll take Zepplin over STP.

As for what seems to be the topic....

I'm seeing a lot of hate for the whole 80's hairmetal, L.A. Rock scene. Well, you have to admit, when something gets so huge, that it goes down in a glorious bombshell of terrible bands and a re-peating sound, well, you have to give that respect. I'll admit, twards the late 80's, hairmetal started to really stink. Recording labels started looking more for a look, rather than a sound. But bands like Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Poison, are all great, at least I think.

And Glue, I'm just wondering. Why do you list Warrant when you were listing the era of hairmetal, where anybody could get a record deal. I like Warrant, and record wise, they were one of the better bands of the their time. I mean, when you have a pair of double-platinum albums, a gold album, and several top ten hits, you have to be doing something right. Come on man, dont' dis Cherry Pie.

As for the 70's, it was an era owned by Disco, thus it must have been hard to get a good rock band out anyway.

I don't care for the 60's. The Beatles and the Stones are really the only two bands I like from that time.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
For the poll, I'll take Zepplin over STP.

As for what seems to be the topic....

I'm seeing a lot of hate for the whole 80's hairmetal, L.A. Rock scene. Well, you have to admit, when something gets so huge, that it goes down in a glorious bombshell of terrible bands and a re-peating sound, well, you have to give that respect. I'll admit, twards the late 80's, hairmetal started to really stink. Recording labels started looking more for a look, rather than a sound. But bands like Van Halen, Motley Crue, and Poison, are all great, at least I think.

And Glue, I'm just wondering. Why do you list Warrant when you were listing the era of hairmetal, where anybody could get a record deal. I like Warrant, and record wise, they were one of the better bands of the their time. I mean, when you have a pair of double-platinum albums, a gold album, and several top ten hits, you have to be doing something right. Come on man, dont' dis Cherry Pie.

As for the 70's, it was an era owned by Disco, thus it must have been hard to get a good rock band out anyway.

I don't care for the 60's. The Beatles and the Stones are really the only two bands I like from that time.
I hated Warrant...but I always liked the harder stuff. Poison and Motley were cool, Gn'R was great...but I couldn't deal with total poseurs...and the first ten seconds of the first Warrant video I saw 9Down Boys) told me that they were complete and total poseurs. Yeah, Poison were poseurs, but CC Deville was genuinely gifted on that BC Rich, and their music pumped me up.

Warrant just seemed...I know I've been overusing this lately, but I've also been paying attention to the GBOAT tourney lately...they seemed gay.

In June of 1990 I went to a day long concert at a local venue. It was The Black Crowes (hadn't heard of them to that point), Warrant, Metallica and Aerosmith. The Crowes rocked, it started raining, Warrant announced after a 2 hour delay that they weren't coming out (to the uproarious cheers of everyone in the arena), Metallica rocked and Aerosmith rocked.

Warrant in the middle of that great show would've sucked, IMO. I just didn't dig it.

Late.

Old 23 Aug 2005, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
CC Deville was genuinely gifted on that BC Rich
You really think so? I've always heard people say that C.C. is the worst guitar ever. I've never really cared about Poison enough to notice. I've seen them live (with KISS) and C.C. seemed fine.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Rebel , DC....I think I hate you both

Old 23 Aug 2005, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
Rebel , DC....I think I hate you both
I don't think there's a good reason as to why anyone would vote Stone Temple Pilots over Led Zeppelin as the greatest band of all time.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 09:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

This is a fucking no brainer...as Jack Black once said it, Zeppelin is a "God of rock"

Stone Temple Pilots? I've never even heard of them....