ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment > Tournament Forum

Tournament Forum This is where the tournament will be held.

GSAT: R1 -- 3.Seinfeld vs 30.Gomer Pyle USMC
View Poll Results: You Got Served!!
Seinfeld 11 73.33%
Gomer Pyle USMC 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2004, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo
Default GSAT: R1 -- 3.Seinfeld vs 30.Gomer Pyle USMC

One of the most watched television shows of the 90's, "Seinfeld" is a true-to-life comedy series that follows the events of a group of friends. The group consists of Jerry Seinfeld, a stand-up comedian who questions every bizarre tidbit about life, George Costanza, a hard-luck member of the New York Yankees organization, Elaine Benes, a flashy woman who is not afraid to speak her mind, and Cosmo Kramer, an extremely eccentric, lanky goofball.

vs

Gomer Pyle was a sweet but not too smart Marine from Mayberry, North Carolina who was stationed at Camp Henderson near Los Angeles, California. Gomer's innocence, naivete and low-key demeanor often got him into trouble, most frequently at the hands of his loud-mouthed superior, Sgt. Carter. Duke, Frankie, Lester and Larry were some of Gomer's pals and fellow enlisted men at Camp Henderson, and Lou Anne Poovie was his sometimes girlfriend who worked as a singer at the Blue Bird Cafe, where Gomer and the boys often hung out.

Place. Votes. Now.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I have no problems with Pyle, But seinfeld is Simply better in IMHO. so seinfeld gets my vote.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I'll tell you right now that Seinfeld is going to win this whole thing.
Old 18 May 2004, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

This is just wrong.
Sienfeld didn't even have a catch phrase.
With Gomer we got "Suprise Suprise Suprise", "For shame for shame for shame", and my personal favorite "Well, Go-o-llay"
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Even though I never really found Seinfeld that funny I have no idea what Gomer Pile is(guess I'm too young),so Seinfeld gets my vote by default.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
I think so too. But I didn't think MASH would be beaten out in the first round by Malcolm either.
Old 18 May 2004, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
unfourtunatley i agree ..... seifeld is the dumbest goddamn thing ive ever seen .... i think im the only person who hated that show

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2004, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Quote:
"You know, George, the ocean called. They're running out of shrimp."
"Oh yeah, Riley? Well, the jerk store called. They're running out of you!"
"What's the difference? You're their all-time best seller."
- Riley and George, in "The Comeback"

How could you not like this show?
Old 18 May 2004, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

As much as I love Gomer Pyle, I still have to go with Seinfeld.....I always loved watching that show, it made me laugh hard as hell everytime....
Old 20 May 2004, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I go with Seinfield...If only for the Fact..that it was one of the most poprluar sitcoms in history..no matter how stupid it may have been..
Old 20 May 2004, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I don't even think I watched a whole episode of Gommer whatever the hell his name is. Seinfeld is the best sitcom of all time and I'm going with them in every round, there is nothing better imo.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2004, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by X+staTic
unfourtunatley i agree ..... seifeld is the dumbest goddamn thing ive ever seen .... i think im the only person who hated that show
You're not the only one....I didn't really for it all that much either.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2004, 11:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Seinfeld makes it through round one.
Old 21 May 2004, 07:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Seinfeld is a Sitcom dream, It's a show about Nothing, Back then this was a big deal because most shows had their little gimmick but Seinfeld was Just a Bunch of People Doing Nothing and yet it was of the Most Popular Sitcoms ever, I Loved it, but the Finale Sucked Balls.....

Old 23 May 2004, 06:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Wino
This is just wrong.
Sienfeld didn't even have a catch phrase.
With Gomer we got "Suprise Suprise Suprise", "For shame for shame for shame", and my personal favorite "Well, Go-o-llay"
yada, yada, yada...