ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling Come here to discuss anything about TNA Wrestling!

Joe Samoa = Poor Man's Umaga?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2007, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Joe Samoa = Poor Man's Umaga?

So I was watching RAW last night and for fuck's sake, I don't know if Joe Samoa is as good as, much less better than Umaga.

I mean the Umaga character doesn't even speak fucking English and he's got a better mic presence than Joe...seriously......I'll take Jamal screaming jibberish over Joe anyday...Joe Samoa promos are all almost exactly like Triple H's...only much much more boring...shit my fucking mail man can talk tough if you give him enough time...

And Umaga is far more athletic than Joe is...Jamal's actually kinda freakish with that speed he's got whereas Joe doesn't run for anything that isn't jelly filled or honey glazed.

Add to that the fact that Jamal works for WWE so he can afford a real Samoan neckalace while being that Joe headlines TNA, all he can afford after paying for his room at the Motel 2 1/2 is a set of anal beads...

So wow...Samoa Joe is seriously and literally like a poor man's Umaga. Wow. This is the non WWE face of TNA. A poor man's Umaga...who sucks, to boot.

Discuss.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

It's quite the opposite. Joe is far superior to Umaga. All you have to do is download the Joe/Punk Trilogy, which includes two matches that went over 60 minutes, and you would see that. You might also want to checkout Joe/Kabashi 1, which is perhaps the most crazy stiff match I have ever seen worked in a wrestling ring. Judging Samoa Joe off of TNA is more than foolish...Especially with Russo calling the shots now. Joes best work has come with AJ Styles..Download or check out any of their matches. I guarentee you Joe would outwork Umaga every day, and twice on Sundays.

When Umaga works a 60 minute ironman match, that many wrestling publications gave 5 stars, (The first consensus 5 star match in years, according to ROH). When Umaga does twisting suicide dives over the top rope, or The Ole,Ole kick....When Umaga gets a finisher that can compare to the muscle buster instead of a one finger thrust..Then you can say he outworks or outanythings Samoa Joe. You're making an uneducated statement, and you're a biased WWE fan. Thats not an insult, as I think you would agree with it. Point is, Umaga is a poor mans Joe, and maybe not even that. Joe's a beast. End of story.

Last edited by The_One; 10 Apr 2007 at 11:47 PM.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
It's quite the opposite. Joe is far superior to Umaga. All you have to do is download the Joe/Punk Trilogy, which includes two matches that went over 60 minutes, and you would see that. You might also want to checkout Joe/Kabashi 1, which is perhaps the most crazy stiff match I have ever seen worked in a wrestling ring. Judging Samoa Joe off of TNA is more than foolish...Especially with Russo calling the shots now. Joes best work has come with AJ Styles..Download or check out any of their matches. I guarentee you Joe would outwork Umaga every day, and twice on sundays.

When Umaga works a 60 minute ironman match, that many wrestling publications gave 5 stars, (The first consensus 5 star match in years, according to ROH). When Umaga does twisting suicide dives over the top rope, or The Ole,Ole kick....When Umaga gets a finisher that can compare to the muscle buster instead of a one finger thrust..Then you can say he outworks or outanythings Samoa Joe. You're making an uneducated statement, and your a biased WWE fan. Thats not an insult, as I think you would agree with it. Point is, Umaga is a poor mans Joe, and maybe not even that.
From what I've seen, I'm right but I have an open mind.

A wise man told me once "Wrestling is wrestling and I'll watch it" or something like that...

Got any links or anything?

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I used to have a library of his matches on my PC..But they all got deleted. I downloaded them all off of Ares. I'm sure they're on Limewire or anywhere else as well.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfZewxySeJI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfZewxySeJI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Samoa Joe is proof that size doesn't mean anything, you can be huge and still perform better than most WWE wrestlers.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 01:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

You have it exactly backwards, Sir.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 02:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
Joes best work has come with AJ Styles..
yup seen a couple of those matches...they are quite entertaining...
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Samoa Joe is miles better than Umaga. Watch some his matches when he was at ROH and you'll be blown away. His matches against, Styles, Paul London, Chris Daniels, Loki and many more had me glued to my seat. Umaga can't even touch Joe, for real.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pKMnIS4JN_0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pKMnIS4JN_0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Couldn't find some of classic matches, but this is ok.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

the ONLY thing even remotely comparable about these two is that they are both samoan, thats it... if we're gonna compare soley on race, lets go one step further. Jimmy Yang=Poor mans Taka Michinoku. Stevie Ray=poor mans Ron Simmons. Tatanka=poor mans Jay Strongbow...maybe i'll give you that one. really, its apples in oranges, except the orange has a reddish tint to its peel.

i think its safe to say that we GET you dont like TNA, but for someone who doesnt like TNA at all, you sure watch it still it seems. but hey, yeah TNA is poor! yeah, TNA isnt WWE in terms of anything!

*awaits unecessary, extremely long winded post*
Old 11 Apr 2007, 07:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
From what I've seen, I'm right but I have an open mind.

A wise man told me once "Wrestling is wrestling and I'll watch it" or something like that...
QFE...also, I like to know what I'm talking about before I talk.

Besides, someone's gotta keep this forum going. Noone else posts in here except once every other week or something. To be honest sometimes I wonder why there's a TNA forum when Hot Women gets more action.

And BTW, if the fed was any good, I might not shit on it.

Late.

Old 11 Apr 2007, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Umaga is directly comparable to ...wait for it...the wild Samoans, an over the top head hunter gimmick. Joe is trained in the Japanese strong style which translates into stiff strickes, it is like MMA lite. I see no comparison except their Samoanality.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 08:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

I'm sure Joe in ROH or Joe in other indy feds was awesome...but what I've seen of that guy on impact sucks balls...so that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

I'll check out the posted matches tonight after I'm finished taking care of some buisness, but I'm just going on what I've seen on impact. Based on that, Umaga owns the shit out of Joe.

I'll post again after I watch what's been so kindly posted...thanks to Sly and XeR0 for hooking it up, too.

Late.

Old 11 Apr 2007, 08:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Samoa Joe has put on some great PPV matches. His match with Christian was great. Though I'm sure without the booking of TNA's Russo he was much better. I think they have quite different styles but in terms of overall ability I don't think they are that different. Joe possibly a bit better than Umaga from what I've seen of them both.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2007, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
So I was watching RAW last night and for fuck's sake, I don't know if Joe Samoa is as good as, much less better than Umaga.

I mean the Umaga character doesn't even speak fucking English and he's got a better mic presence than Joe...seriously......I'll take Jamal screaming jibberish over Joe anyday...Joe Samoa promos are all almost exactly like Triple H's...only much much more boring...shit my fucking mail man can talk tough if you give him enough time...

And Umaga is far more athletic than Joe is...Jamal's actually kinda freakish with that speed he's got whereas Joe doesn't run for anything that isn't jelly filled or honey glazed.

Add to that the fact that Jamal works for WWE so he can afford a real Samoan neckalace while being that Joe headlines TNA, all he can afford after paying for his room at the Motel 2 1/2 is a set of anal beads...

So wow...Samoa Joe is seriously and literally like a poor man's Umaga. Wow. This is the non WWE face of TNA. A poor man's Umaga...who sucks, to boot.

Discuss.

Late.

Thanks Glue The.....maybe Joe Samoa will be as big in Non-Stop Total Action wrestling as Umaga is in the Wrestling World Entertainment..

Glue is slowly becoming the Yoda of PWF.....lol
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote