ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Have any suggestions for PWFans? Post your thoughts here!

Does anyone else have this problem? (pretty serious)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2004, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge
Default Does anyone else have this problem? (pretty serious)

Whenever I come to the forums of Prowrestlingfans, I'll be checking topics and minding my own business, and suddenly I'll get 62 popups. Sometimes it's 58 or 63 but it's around there. And it crashes my comp half the time. I was thinking it might have to do with my new MSN pop up blocker but that's merely a theory, but I've heard no one else complain of this. It's pretty serious and if it keeps happening I'm pretty much skrewed from coming here on a regular basis.

Is it not happening to anyone else? I just think it's odd if I'm the only one this shit is happening to.
Old 02 Jul 2004, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

It happened to me once. But not that many pop ups, i only got like 8 pop ups...Were you on and other sites besides MSN and here while you got the pop ups?
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I have gotten maybe 1 pop up in the last month off this site and I don't use any pop up blockers. Must be your computer.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

It's happened to me about 6 times now. Honestly I'm as confused as anyone, and it only happens in this discussion board and no where else. I'm always on MSN Messenger, thats the only other thing open usually when it happens.

But anywho I know it's 62 since XP groups them together, so then it's just a simple matter of closing the group and wouldn't be a problem but it's started to crash the entire computer so... ugh.
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Never happened to me...I have a pop-up blocker...but I don't turn it on when I'm here...but there's no pop-ups on the NWO skin...try that..
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

My pop up blocker is on all the time, but it never shows that a pop up is being blocked. I haven't had any from this site in ages.

I guess you're getting everyone elses.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

^Yes there are pop-ups on the NWO skin. I had to get a pop-up blocker because that was happening to me awhile ago..but it was only like 5 pop-ups.

panicware.com
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

No..there aren't any pop-ups on the NWO skin...trust me..
Old 03 Jul 2004, 06:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

No problem here... I have that one thing known as All-Access (Premium)... and that "Remove Advertisements" feature is what keeps them away...
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I do get popups from here, but my blocker usually takes care of them.....

62?!!!!?.....sounds like you have a major problem there, bud.....dunno how that could happen.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

You have some adware and spyware. This has nothing to do with pwf.
Old 03 Jul 2004, 01:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

I have premium so I don't get popups here. Like Rebel and others said you may have spyware. Check for that. It's your best bet.
Old 03 Jul 2004, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Get-friggin Netscape 7.1, I haven't had a SINGLE pop-up since I got it.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 02:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
damn right ... netscape is the best browser there is

syco13
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 08:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield

Don't tell him that. While it may be true that it blocks pop-ups... its a webdesigner's night mare! Most sites don't appear as they were intended to be shown and some don't even work in Netscape.

As for your problem, Rusty. I think it's a mix of a major spyware problem and PWF's pop-ups. Get the following programs and run them on your computer:

Spybot - Search & Destroy
Ad-Aware 6.0
Spy Sweeper

Spy Sweeper is the best one... but I suggest you run all of them (NOT at the same time) just to be safe.

Also get a pop-up blocker. I suggest getting the Google Toolbar because not only does it give you one-click access to news headlines and a seach bar for webpages and images and a highlight tool to highlight specific words or phrases on the page you are viewing... but it also blocks pop-ups.

I'm starting to sound like an advertisement again