ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Have any suggestions for PWFans? Post your thoughts here!

capping amounts of posts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2002, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Anonmatel is on a distinguished road
Default capping amounts of posts

Hate to say it, but the days of people in here having serious conversations are over.
It would be wise to set a limit to the amount of posts per day.
Why ? you ask
Well, people seem to be spamming for the purpose of spamming these days. And i for one am getting sick and tired of it.
Also everyone is pointing the finger at evryone else by calling them spammers.
How should we do this ?
well, by capping the posting limit to 5 posts per room per day, you would cut down on pointless posts, and people might start saying something that is worth reading.

Thats all i've got to say about that.
Anonmatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2002, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dave's slave

WhiteWolf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WhiteWolf

5 posts perday??? ...i don't think so buddy...5 posts per forum would suck!!!

-WhiteWolf
Old 25 Sep 2002, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

5 post per day would make this a very censured forum, who and were is the spamming at.

PS i know you can't end a sentence with the word at but for this time..........

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2002, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

I have never heard of ANY board havnig a limit.....ppl would get bored and leave
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

People are getting bored now.

The spamming is everywhere. It's not the usual spamming, it's the one sentence crap that basically says nothing about the topic.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Who, where , what , when is all this spamming your talkin about.....who is doing it what is it about,

Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Dre, haven't you noticed that this forum is now all about how many posts you can shit out rather than the quality of the posts written ?

Go check any long thread i.e. over 20 posts, and i can guarantee you that people are crapping on with complete nonsence just to get a couple of more numbers under their name.

The 5 posts were just a suggestion.

A forum is a place where people can have conversation, not a race to see who can talk the most. And if no-one else has noticed, the way it is now, no-one is actually saying anything of worth.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dre

Not really man, i spen most of my time up in the WWE and until yesterday MOTM, Those are the two that i really like, OT is more casual talk for me i will respond to things that look good, if a threed has more then 2 pages i don't look at it unless i started it. I'll go and look at what you mean'

Old 26 Sep 2002, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

NOPE......no limits. It would suck. People would leave and guests wouldnt sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2002, 06:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Good point Mr. McMahon, But People do SPAM a lot. It doesn't really annoy me , but I can see how it would annoy others.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2002, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Ok how bout this suggestion. Lose the amount of posts shown below your name and Avatar. then people wouldn't have any reason to go nuts and talk crap.
Old 28 Sep 2002, 04:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

who cares who has what for posts?

so far yo're the one only one bitching about numbers and what not

it doesn't take a fucking paragraph everytime to speak your pinion
Old 28 Sep 2002, 05:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

nothing should be capped, and post counts should be visible. since its not even a big deal. i mean i have well over a thousand post, but i keep getting banned so my post count goes back to 0, and im not complaining.
Old 28 Sep 2002, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
afficial

I agree with Anonmatel that we should cut down on the spam posts with like 2 or 3 words in them. But i don't think we should set a limit just because people will get mad and leave.
Old 28 Sep 2002, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

We dont need to cap posts....uh uh...not even a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote