ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Have any suggestions for PWFans? Post your thoughts here!

Sig limits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2003, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Sig limits

Can we change the sig charachter limit from 500 to 750 or 1000 letters??

TY

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i think thats a good idea. because its hard to fit the codes as well as websites & regular writing. 1000 would be a good number.

some people's sigs are too big? why dont admins or super mods moniter that, & PM them, if they dont change it, ban them.

if they disabeled PM'ing? ban them, make an announcement about it, put a warning at the top of the page or something for new members. or when people register, pop up a message or something, send them an e-mail.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I think banning someone because of their sig size is a bit too far...
Old 28 Oct 2003, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^^^i agree......sigs are our personalities

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2003, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
i agree......sigs are our personalities
Thats why I'd like a little more space.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

For sigs, give them a warning first. but if they ignore it, then step up the potental punishment.

And for sig size, while i agree it shows ones persoanlity triats, some sigs can be overdoing it with its size and features, and can really slow down the site and the server here.. andtaking in turn the anmout of members we have here into account, there should be some ground rules for sigs..
Old 30 Oct 2003, 01:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Thats why I'd like a little more space.
you want what??? 3 banners? 4 banners?

when I get to some people's sig I already have to scroll down for 20 minutes til I get to the next post

I definately dont think bigger is better in this scenario

a sig limit is definately necesarry
Old 30 Oct 2003, 04:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

holy shit... i go into my sig to edit it a little bit, change my respect list, and great fucking god, 500 characters! jesus... that's small. if people want more than one banner, then get them to flash them, but 500 characters...
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JC]
holy shit... i go into my sig to edit it a little bit, change my respect list, and great fucking god, 500 characters! jesus... that's small. if people want more than one banner, then get them to flash them, but 500 characters...
the problem comes when people have exceptionally long sigs

putting songs in their sigs
causing posters to have to scroll to get to the next post
it takes away from the site, and its really fucking annoying
as long as people decide to do this it seems that smaller sigs is really the only choice
Old 30 Oct 2003, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

What do you need sigs for anyway...

But regardless of my own view on sigs, there's no need to make them any bigger than they allready are. Ppl put enough shit in them allready. We put limits in a long time ago because ppl were putting animations, links, songs, respect lists, hate lists, tap out lists, insults, quotes, bible verses and family trees in them and it was making everything suck. If we have to put sigs on the table again, I'd vote for one img limit and 200 characters...

And another thing is ppl do a pretty good job of sticking with the rules. I really don't feel like going around and editing everybody's sig because somebody else doesn't like it. We don't need to penalize anybody and we certainly don't need to ban anyone because of it. Just relax, sigs are fine the way they are now.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2003, 11:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

My sig is probably too long (1 banner and 3 verses) but I don't give a shit. I disabled sigs and avs because everyone else's was too fuckin long and caused my comp to slow down, so whatever, mine is staying
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2003, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle

as long as people decide to do this it seems that smaller sigs is really the only choice
^^And there you have it in a nutshell. Just be thankfull were allowed these sigs in the first place...
Old 31 Oct 2003, 01:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

but now i can't even edit it because it's over 500 characters
Old 31 Oct 2003, 04:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

I had to remove people from my respect list to meet the requirement... I really don't like doing that.
Quote:

So... tell people if their sigs are too long.

BTW - not to start trouble, but, to say that we are lucky to have sigs kinda sucks... people post here for fun, not because they have to. Threats to posters who have done nothing wrong doesn't exactly endear us to the PWF community... no offense.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Trev, Submission...anyone else
I'm not saying you should consider yourself lucky to have sigs

I'm just saying unfortunately some posters ruin things for the rest of us
If things such as songs and respect lists were put in the little scroll menus that would be one thing

however some people are unwilling to do this and the consequences affect everyone else

I don't necesarrily agree with Exo's bare minimum approach but he does bring up some good points.
These limits were brought about for a reason.

Stick...your attitude to toward this is most unappreciated
Fix your damn sig....you disabled sigs because they caused you problems...now you are fucking with everyone else...
put it in a damn scroll menu...