ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Kurt...can you...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Kurt...can you...

...insert another big rant here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...leteId=3939133

That shit will make you sad...I need to work at least 178.10 years after I graduated from college with my degree to be equal to 1 season of Albert's salary...shit...

What else is sad? my future annual salary is equal to he makes .30 tackle...yeah that's not even an assist tackle...but .30 tackle is equal to my whole year of work...
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Professional sports players have always made significantly more than us civilians. So what if they want to pay Haynesworth a shit load? He's the best defensive player in football. Period. If we were talking about any other defensive player, it would be ridiculous. This is Albert Haynesworth though.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Ah, one of the more popular discussions of my lifetime. Athletes being overpaid. Not too long ago, it came up in class, and obviously I believe that athletes are paid an insane amount of money. That day I chose to defend them, though. Afterall, if sports such as football are booming specifically because of them, then isn't all well at the end of the day? I'll answer my own question, it is, because last time I checked, no one is taking a picture of me sitting in a desk and putting it on a poster to sell.

Ironically, today I read a Dave Zirin (top notch journalist) article, talking about how writers mention the huge salaries athletes receive, yet fail to mention all of the family members and friends they are expected to take care of, whether those people deserve it or not. That article gave me some food for thought and I'll go ahead and pass it on.

Finally, for what it's worth, athletes are more likely to be targetted for robberies. I think it was Sports Illustrated that did an entire set of articles talking to football players about how they handle it.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dean12 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kurt...can you...

sho he is growing now that is good for him
dean12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2011, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

WhoDrewDat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kurt...can you...

You cannot rationalize the insane. The President of the U.S. doesn't make a fraction of what mediocre NFL players make. The CEO's of our largest corporations or even the Head Coaches of those football teams don't make that kind of money. It was a slippery slope that the owners took, when whiny little brats started to cry for more money or threaten to sit out. There are many, many occupations in which the people risk their lives and limbs every day, and they don't make that kind of money because they "might" get hurt and not have a career. It's just insane, and no sane person could defend it if common sense was a requirement.