ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Super Bowl XLIII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2009, 04:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Super Bowl XLIII

Arizona Cardinals vs. Pitts Steelers

2nd meeting ever between 2 previous Super Bowl winning QB in the history of the league...saw this on ESPNEWS forgot who were the first dual and too lazy to look it up.

Steelers -7 and favored in this match up.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Cards win 37-23
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2009, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I'll be rooting for the Cards since I'd like to see someone who hasn't won it yet win.

Steelers have been there and had there days...let the Cards win this one.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2009, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I forgot about this. Can't wait for Daytona though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2009, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Meh...lets get this BS over with and get to free agency and the draft already.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2009, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

People have their reasons for picking the Cards. Jason already said one. Maybe people want a new champion in this league, maybe they want to see an upset, maybe they don't want the Steelers to have the most championships, maybe they love Warner and Fitzgerald, maybe they flipped a coin. I don't know. But alot of people are picking the underdog this year. And I'd be happy to join along, but as I pointed out shortly after the games ended, I tried that twice two weeks ago and failed both times. So no more pushing my luck. The Steelers are the better team, and I'd honestly like to see someone disagree and give me some magical reason as to why, but I don't think people are worrying about who the better team is, especially after last year. Personally, I'm playing the percentages, it's not like the Cards have home field advantage (they missed it by a year), so my pick is the Steelers.

Did I mention that they won the annual Madden simulation game?
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

I am very interested to see the chess match between Todd Haley and Dick LeBeau. As for who wins I really don't favor one over the other. I just want to see a good, exciting game.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

i swear...how the fuck did big ben stay alive then

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

unbelievable.... the steelers have a giant horseshoe glued to their ass.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Fantastic ending. Great game. I think Warner signed his ticket into the HoF even though he lost. Fitzgerald played great when his team needed him to, but god damn. How about Santonio Holmes? Has a pass go right through his hands, then comes up with one of the best catches anybody's ever seen.

Congrats to Pittsburg, congrats to Arizona for putting up a fight, boo NBC for their shitty coverage of it all.
Old 01 Feb 2009, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Good game from both teams.

Sorry to all Cowboys fans on here
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2009, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
Fantastic ending. Great game. I think Warner signed his ticket into the HoF even though he lost.
Yeah, if you call throwing what may become the most famous interception of all time, and fumbling the last play of the season Hall of Fame material, then this guy's a fuckin lock.

I'm just messin.

I don't have a problem with the guy, he's great, and despite a couple mess-ups he played an overall strong game. Someone had to lose, it just happened to be the Warner and the Cardinals.

I told myself I was gonna wait until tomorrow to determine whether this Superbowl or last year's was better. Either way, I don't think it matters, both games were great and no one will ever forget them.

This year, each team's running game wasn't that great, but besides that we got everything we could ask for from a football game. Seriously, those plays were sick. James Harrison is a sick human being for maybe topping Manning and Tyree. Kurt Warner is a sick human being for tripping and then throwing a touchdown pass. Larry Fitzgerald is a sick human being for once again proving that he will catch anything thrown in his direction, and then catching the ball in the middle and pulling a Usain Bolt for 50+ yards. Santonio Holmes is a sick human being for making me say "Hines Who?", and Roethlisberger is just as sick for hooking him up all those times. Hines Ward's still the man, though.

Just a marvelous football game, and all I can really do is thank both teams for the show.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 12:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Fuck the Steelers
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Steelers are so fucking lucky. The refs are on some fucking bullshit. Look at that penalty discrepancy..
Old 02 Feb 2009, 01:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One View Post
Steelers are so fucking lucky. The refs are on some fucking bullshit. Look at that penalty discrepancy..
I agree. The refs had some bullshit calls against the Cards.

Also, why wasn't Warner's "fumble" reviewed? I thought his arm was going forward. Tack on the helmet removal penalty, and the Cards were would have been in good position to have a play to Fitz, Boldin or Breaston in the endzone.

Oh well...as I read somewhere else, "NFC West is 0-2 vs Steelers/refs in the Super Bowl."
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote