ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

2009 NFL Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default 2009 NFL Season

Are they gonna switch up to 18 games?
I know they talked about it, but I havent heard anything.

also, I've heard that Detroit Lions have lost the Thanksgiving Day game.....is that true? Do they suck that much?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Any changes to the amount of games in a season...even if 100% agreed upon by all parties...will take atleast a year to implement IMO. An 18 game season will eventually be a reality...but its not happening in 09.

The Lions in no way deserve the Thanksgiving game anymore.

I'm hoping for a new CBA before the 2009 kickoff...but that is looking doubtful too.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

First game of the 2009 season...Tom Brady breaks his leg...out for the year.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

You gonna go Tonya Harding on him, Crocker?

Old 21 Jan 2009, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Brady isn't healing quickly...and Cassell looked damn good towards the end of this year.

I can see Cassell starting week 1 because of "injury" and Brady being traded by week 6.

One thing is for certain...Bill Belichick will handle his QB situation much more intelligently then anyone in the JEST front office handled theirs.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post
Brady isn't healing quickly...and Cassell looked damn good towards the end of this year.

I can see Cassell starting week 1 because of "injury" and Brady being traded by week 6.

One thing is for certain...Bill Belichick will handle his QB situation much more intelligently then anyone in the JEST front office handled theirs.
I think it'd be an absolutely stupid move on New England's part to trade Brady. Guy is without question one of the best quarterbacks in the game today, and arguably one of the best ever, so you go and trade him because of injury and because your backup looked good? Nice.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Jesus fucking Christ...the man who apparently is going to be my team's GM has the nickname "Kok," my team's head coach is a snitch, the new defensive guru's defense was one of three worse than the Browns' was last year, I have a team full of broads, bitches and quitters...

...fuck 2009. 2010 can't fucking get here fast enough.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 11:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
You gonna go Galooley on him, Crocker?
Fixed.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 11:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Fixed.
fair enough lol

Old 22 Jan 2009, 02:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I think it'd be an absolutely stupid move on New England's part to trade Brady. Guy is without question one of the best quarterbacks in the game today, and arguably one of the best ever, so you go and trade him because of injury and because your backup looked good? Nice.
I think it'd be fucking retarded for them not to consider it...so I am really hoping Belichick has your mindset.

Brady is 31 currently and will be 32 before the start of next season. He tore both his ACL and MCL...then after the surgery there have been reports of his body rejecting the new ACL tissue and him needing antibiotics to recover from those issues before he could even get the MCL fixed.

Basicially...the dude's knee is a fucking wreck right now...and he's too old for me to trust that he can continue the high level of play for the next 6-10 years without missing any significant amount of time. I seriously doubt he'll be anywhere close to ready come week 1.

Now to Cassel...and for that really just look at the stats...

Passing Rushing
Att Comp Yds TD Int Att Yds Avg TD
516 327 3,693 21 11 73 270 3.7 2

...he really did more then just "look good"...he actually played very well and progressively got better as the year went on and he became more confident. Some of the throws I watched him make were absolutely amazing...and he was breaking coverages down very quickly.

Also lets not forget this...

Quote:
In Week 15, against the Oakland Raiders, Cassel, playing just six days after the death of his father, set a new personal best, throwing for four touchdowns in the Patriots' 49–26 rout.
...and to top it off he's only 26...his best years are still in front of him...he can be the face of that franchise for the next 6-8 years.

The sick part is that NE will franchise Cassel and will be getting atleast a 1st round pick no matter which way they go. I really don't mind seeing either guy go...but honestly...I am praying they let Cassel go. He has the as much potential as ANY 1st round draft pick...more honestly since he has NFL experience.

I remember Marino after he tore just his ACL...the first season back he played pretty well...the rest of his career was spent largely on IR and when he was in he just wasn't the same.

Brady can come back and be great for a little while longer...but he is not young anymore...and his leg has been an issue with the ankle/walking boot problems at the end of last season and the awesome shredding of his knee at the beginning of this season. Yeah...he can come back and be great...or he can come back and suck ass...or he can come back and get reinjured almost immediately.

They both have their question marks...if I am the GM I put my chips on youth. Brady has been great...but there is no guarantee that he will still be great.

Banking on him coming back as the exact same guy he was before...now that is fucking stupid.

Last edited by xer0; 22 Jan 2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 04:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Brady will not start week 1 for NE...and wouldn't surprised me at all that they trade him...
Old 22 Jan 2009, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
You gonna go Tonya Harding on him, Crocker?
I find it much easier not to take you seriously, because when I do you come off as a douchebag.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2009, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill View Post
I find it much easier not to take you seriously, because when I do you come off as a douchebag.
no sir......I'm an asshole.

quite proud of that beeteedub

Old 22 Jan 2009, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
no sir......I'm an asshole.
QFT.

I kid I kid...

Anyway, before NE franchised Matt...there were talks about Niners trying to get him...I was damn excited...but it all crashing down after the Pats decided to wise up and went thru with it...

Also Xero speaks the truth there...knowing how much he hates the Pats...

Old 23 Jan 2009, 12:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

I think Cassel would be a good QB to take the Cheatriots into the next few years.....but they'll go with Brady.

Cassel will get traded (provided Brady returns by training camp) no later than week 4.

NE will acquire a draft pick from Detroit (because Detroit will need someone) and Cassel will be a Lion by midseason