ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Will the Cowboys make the playoffs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2008, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Will the Cowboys make the playoffs?

I know we have a ton of Cowboys fans here so, in your honest opinion, do you really think the Cowboys will make the playoffs?

If Dallas does make the playoffs, it will be as a Wild Card. Plain and simple, they won't win their division. They are easily the worst team in the NFC east (yes, Philly is better at this point). If their defense continues to play like they don't exist, then they won't even make the Wild Card.

I, personally, am not a Tony Romo believer. The guy's a good quarterback, don't get me wrong, but he gets way too much credit for his performances. Tony Romo makes his offensive line worse than it is. Think about that for a second. Tony Romo makes his offensive line worse than it is. I understand the injury situation among the line and I understand that they don't give him time to make plays. The fact of the matter is that his O-line really isn't playing that bad. Watch Romo when he's in the pocket. He senses pressure that is not there and moves to zones that his o-line is not ready to close up. He is way too antsy in the pocket basically. If you watch QBs like Tom Brady, he remains completely still in the pocket. Tony Romo gets way too nervous and jumps around excessively, putting himself in the wholes in the offensive line.

Romo can't play a game without throwing a pick. A great quarterback does not throw a pick a game. He does not fumble every game. Romo's numbers are good, I'm not doubting that. However, he is the weakest part of their offense. That's not necessarily a bad thing when you consider that every player on Dallas' o-line is pretty damn good. However, the Cowboys will not win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo. You can mark my word. He is not a leader and that is exactly what Dallas lacks. Wade Phillips is not a leader and Tony Romo is not a leader. If neither your head coach or QB can fill that position, then you will not be successful.

So, no, the Cowboys will not make the playoffs this year. Their defense is garbage and the QB turns over the ball so that the defense can keep playing. Needs work. Needs a leader.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

What Dallas NEEDS is for half their team to come back from injury/other reasons.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
What Dallas NEEDS is for half their team to come back from injury/other reasons.
Wrong.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Wrong.
How am I wrong? Have you even seen their injury list?

Bradie James. 101 tackles last year. Day to day.
Felix Jones. Rookie sensation. Out.
Terence Newman. Part of that defense. Out.
Anthony Spencer. Three sacks in his rookie season. Out
Tony Romo. One of the best QBs in the league. Out.
Tank Johnson. Good D-Lineman. Out.
Roy Williams. Pro Bowl Safety. Out.

...and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Not to mention 5 of the players I mentioned are part of that garbage defense. Of corse it's going to look awful with that many people out.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Sam is dead on. I had high expectations for this team, but I've watched most of their games this year and they lack discipline. That reflects the coaches. They lack passion and fire. That reflects the coaches.

Tony Romo is a pretty good quarterback, but he definitely makes too many stupid mistakes. I don't think it's that he's too antsy in the pocket, but when he starts moving around he becomes careless with the ball.

Also, our defense is garbage. They're way too fucking soft. We don't get consistent pressure on the QB from our front three or four. the only one who seems to play with fire is DeMarcus Ware. Our secondary, with or without Roy Williams, is horrible. Roy can hit his ass off, but he's awful in coverage.

I seriously don't think we'll be in the playoffs. I'm lowering expectations, that way I won't be disappointed. If we do succeed, then it'll be really really sweet for me.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
Sam is dead on. I had high expectations for this team, but I've watched most of their games this year and they lack discipline. That reflects the coaches. They lack passion and fire. That reflects the coaches.

Tony Romo is a pretty good quarterback, but he definitely makes too many stupid mistakes. I don't think it's that he's too antsy in the pocket, but when he starts moving around he becomes careless with the ball.

Also, our defense is garbage. They're way too fucking soft. We don't get consistent pressure on the QB from our front three or four. the only one who seems to play with fire is DeMarcus Ware. Our secondary, with or without Roy Williams, is horrible. Roy can hit his ass off, but he's awful in coverage.

I seriously don't think we'll be in the playoffs. I'm lowering expectations, that way I won't be disappointed. If we do succeed, then it'll be really really sweet for me.
I just think they got a case of success getting to them. Had a good season last year, heard all the talk, and figured, we're the Cowboys! We're awesome! We'll walk over everyone! Then guess what? They play sloppy and lose.

I actually think this makes the Roy Williams trade look a little bit better in the Cowboy's favor. Jones brought in a guy, raised in Texas. Starred at Texas. Now he's playing for the biggest team in Texas. My guess would be he's fucking stoked. Maybe that enthusiasm will catch on with the rest of the team.

They've got a lot of mistakes to correct, but I think part of the mistakes they're making is that they're playing sloppy because they're not giving it their all. They figure they'll just catch the ball, just run through guys, just throw the TD, just make the interception, all without actually doing it. And STICK is right when he says it does reflect on the coaches. Wade Phillips needs to snap them out of it quick.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

We lost our Offensive Line coach to Miami. It's no coincidence that they can actually win games and look competitive with there offence while ours is falling apart thanks to ex fucking Dolphins coaches. Seriously. What possessed us to grab a fucking Fins coach to coach our O-Line? Ok so he has a history of being relatively good. But he just came off a 1-15 season.

But further adding to that Kyle Kosier has been out for most of the year this year. Mostly seen as the weakest link along the O-Line. The fact that the only time we truly looked comfortable on the O-Line was the game that he played has made many Cowboys fans re-evaluate that assessment.

Jason Garrett is continuing a trend we saw develop last year. He doesn't believe in balance on offence at all. It's either throw throw throw or run run run.(and more often then not it's the former). How often have you seen Cowboys fans moan about the way the offence is being run in tight games. Down by a TD or less and we are throwing like we are chasing down a three score lead.

It also seems like Romo bit on the Media nonsense that was paraded out by ESPN and anyone else who wanted hits on there websites. "Romo keeps making bonehead INT's". We don't give two fucking shits as long as you win the game champ. Fuck the idiots who call themselves sports commentators. Fuck the muppets who think an INT a game is bad. I don't care. You move us into position to win. You keep leading this team to wins... And we won't give a fuck whether you throw 0 INT's a game, 1 INT a game or 5 INT's a game. Hopefully the injury and time off will give someone the opportunity to tell him that.

T.O is not catching everything thrown in his direction. I'm not ready to call him Darrell Jackson yet but it's getting that way. He needs to take his chances to advance the Offence(and that goes for Crayton too) If the ball is throw there, you GRAB it. You don't complain about it. You don't whine that it wasn't put in your bread basket. You practice to catch the ball from anywhere. So catch that fucking thing.

Running the ball has become an issue. I never EVER liked the idea of running Marion into the ground and even though he hasn't so far(bar the Green Bay game) his YPA so far this year is almost a full yard down on previous years. Not only that but his YPA in the 4th quarter has taken a BEATING as compared to that time being his best period for yards in recent years. I don't care if we open the game with Choice and give the rock to Barber and Felix for the rest of the game. I just want Barber given the ball when it gives him the best opportunity to succeed. And that is when he's at 100% physically and when the D is NOT.

Felix is injured for three weeks there too.

On DEF. We still have multiple issues. The front three are being asked to play a one gap scheme which means that Ware and Ellis both have to beat the outside man to get to the QB instead of possibly being given a saloon passage to him. It makes sense with Ratliff because he's not a big unit of a man and cannot really dominate and give himself enough room to cover both inside spots. But then that's an issue with Wade and Stewart for not telling Jerry to grab a 2-gap NT in the offseason... So yeah. No pressure up front which means Ware and Ellis are pretty much the only guys with consistant pressure so far. And that's not even counting the fact that they are asking Ellis to drop back into a zone to defend the pass. An ex-DE playing Zone Defence. Yeah ok.

Followed by the biggest pet peeve of all. 10 yard cushions. QB's are too prepped nowadays for us to just count on the opposition QB to fail. It made a little sense last year with Jacques Reeves cause he's shit and needed all that room just to keep up with the opposing WR if he chose to break off downfield. But the quality has improved this year at the position and yet here we are still playing the cushion. Prevent Defence blows and if you want to know why we have so little takeaways this year. That is it.

We also have Wade "I'm too fucken nice for my own goddamn good" Phillips coaching us. He won't get upset. He's barely recognised as the leader of the team.(at what point is the GM supposed to be giving a post match speech in front of the coach?)

4-3 with our star QB injured for the next two games against teams with records above .500... It's going to be tough to get out of that hole. But with the talent on this team it's always a possibility. Currently we look to be the 4th best team based on form alone. But for talent in the squad... We are first by a country fucking mile... And that's why even with people predicting the team to be 4-5 by the time Romo get's back we still won't be out of it.

As for injuries...

Kyle Kosier(starting LG)
Felix Jones(backup RB)
Tony Romo(Starting QB)

TNew(Starting CB)
Roy Williams(Starting S)

Suspensions
Pacman(backup CB)

As you can see. Sure it's an injury list. And it's got a few starters on it. But it's no worse then any other teams injury list. I would hardly call it the reason why we are playing badly. I just think we are a poorly coached team up to this point.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2008, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D View Post
It also seems like Romo bit on the Media nonsense that was paraded out by ESPN and anyone else who wanted hits on there websites. "Romo keeps making bonehead INT's". We don't give two fucking shits as long as you win the game champ. Fuck the idiots who call themselves sports commentators. Fuck the muppets who think an INT a game is bad. I don't care. You move us into position to win. You keep leading this team to wins... And we won't give a fuck whether you throw 0 INT's a game, 1 INT a game or 5 INT's a game. Hopefully the injury and time off will give someone the opportunity to tell him that.
I kinda disagree. I understand that INTs don't matter as long as you win, that makes sense. However, they could potentially lose you several games. Teams will capitalize on them and they will make big plays off of them. There's a reason that no head coach aside from the Jerry Jones puppet Wade Phillips feels satisfied with his QB throwing a pick a game. In fact, that's horrible and it's very surprising to me that this team thinks as highly of Romo this year as they do. There are plenty of QBs in the NFL that are better than Tony Romo. Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, and Jason Campbell are all better QBs to me than Tony Romo (yes, I said Jason Campbell). Those are just the ones in your division though. Look at Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, hell I'll even add in Chad Pennington. They're all playing better than Tony Romo this year. Wait until one of Romo's picks costs you guys a game. All of Dallas will be calling for his head.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I kinda disagree. I understand that INTs don't matter as long as you win, that makes sense. However, they could potentially lose you several games. Teams will capitalize on them and they will make big plays off of them. There's a reason that no head coach aside from the Jerry Jones puppet Wade Phillips feels satisfied with his QB throwing a pick a game. In fact, that's horrible and it's very surprising to me that this team thinks as highly of Romo this year as they do. There are plenty of QBs in the NFL that are better than Tony Romo. Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, and Jason Campbell are all better QBs to me than Tony Romo (yes, I said Jason Campbell). Those are just the ones in your division though. Look at Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, hell I'll even add in Chad Pennington. They're all playing better than Tony Romo this year. Wait until one of Romo's picks costs you guys a game. All of Dallas will be calling for his head.
The games he wins throwing picks far outweight the games he loses throwing picks. It's a matter of putting yourself in the best position to win. And I don't think there is a QB in the NFL right now who does it any better.

And it's not like his picks haven't resulted in points for the Opp so far this year. They have. I think he's only had one TO that we stopped them from scoring from.

As for your ranking of him.

McNabb- Only when he maintains his health is he a better QB. And his play seems to be an extension of Westbrook's health.

Eli Manning- Four games and you are ready to appoint him a better QB?

Jason Campbell-

Kurt Warner- Is the fucking Man. But he's also 70 and moves slower then Deadslow.

Drew Brees- So far the only guy that holds an argument as better then Romo.

Farve/Rodgers/Pennington- Not anymore/Not EVER/You are fucking joking right?

On form... You would have Brady and Manning ahead(Even Manning is questionable right at this moment) with maybe Brees/Rivers alongside Romo.

You got to remember. Romo has 5 INT's through his 6 games played. But he also knocked up 14 TD's. Rivers only passed that total last week. And we all know which offence has been playing relatively poorly so far this season.

Old 26 Oct 2008, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
The games he wins throwing picks far outweight the games he loses throwing picks. It's a matter of putting yourself in the best position to win. And I don't think there is a QB in the NFL right now who does it any better.

And it's not like his picks haven't resulted in points for the Opp so far this year. They have. I think he's only had one TO that we stopped them from scoring from.

As for your ranking of him.

McNabb- Only when he maintains his health is he a better QB. And his play seems to be an extension of Westbrook's health.

Eli Manning- Four games and you are ready to appoint him a better QB?

Jason Campbell-

Kurt Warner- Is the fucking Man. But he's also 70 and moves slower then Deadslow.

Drew Brees- So far the only guy that holds an argument as better then Romo.

Farve/Rodgers/Pennington- Not anymore/Not EVER/You are fucking joking right?

On form... You would have Brady and Manning ahead(Even Manning is questionable right at this moment) with maybe Brees/Rivers alongside Romo.

You got to remember. Romo has 5 INT's through his 6 games played. But he also knocked up 14 TD's. Rivers only passed that total last week. And we all know which offence has been playing relatively poorly so far this season.
Eli Manning is easily better than Tony Romo. Romo has never impressed me and has always come across as a quarterback who can't grow out of his rookie stage. He tried to soak in the spotlight a little too early and his performance has suffered. Cowboys fans may love interceptions but the rest of the NFL does not. The kid's got talent, but to say Eli, Campbell, Favre, Rodgers, and Pennington aren't better than him right now is flat out retarded. Quit giving the kid so much credit.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 01:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Nope...they'll lose a few more...Wade will get fired...I'll laugh.

I feel bad for Zach Thomas and Stick...otherwise...haha.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Eli Manning is easily better than Tony Romo. Romo has never impressed me and has always come across as a quarterback who can't grow out of his rookie stage.
Took Eli four fucking years of starting in the NFL to even look like an average QB. While Romo burst onto the scene with a winning record with a relatively poor team. So enlighten me. How has Romo not grown out of his "rookie stage"? What is a rookie stage?

Quote:
He tried to soak in the spotlight a little too early and his performance has suffered.
Was that before or after he went 13-3 in his first full season as starting QB in Dallas?

Quote:
Cowboys fans may love interceptions but the rest of the NFL does not.
Packers fans didn't give a fuck as long as they were winning.

Quote:
The kid's got talent, but to say Eli, Campbell, Favre, Rodgers, and Pennington aren't better than him right now is flat out retarded. Quit giving the kid so much credit.
So Romo cops shit for throwing INT's but you think the Eli Slot machine is a better QB? Romo(for his entire career) has thrown a INT every 28.5 pass attempts. Eli comes in at once every 29 attempts. Of course Romo throws a TD once every 15 attempts... Eli a TD every 23 Attempts.

Go back to commenting on College ball. You wouldn't have a clue about the NFL if it were given to you by John Madden himself.

Old 26 Oct 2008, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Took Eli four fucking years of starting in the NFL to even look like an average QB. While Romo burst onto the scene with a winning record with a relatively poor team. So enlighten me. How has Romo not grown out of his "rookie stage"? What is a rookie stage?

Was that before or after he went 13-3 in his first full season as starting QB in Dallas?

Packers fans didn't give a fuck as long as they were winning.

So Romo cops shit for throwing INT's but you think the Eli Slot machine is a better QB? Romo(for his entire career) has thrown a INT every 28.5 pass attempts. Eli comes in at once every 29 attempts. Of course Romo throws a TD once every 15 attempts... Eli a TD every 23 Attempts.

Go back to commenting on College ball. You wouldn't have a clue about the NFL if it were given to you by John Madden himself.
A Cowboys fan telling me I don't have a clue about the NFL.

You're trying to tell me that because it took Eli longer to develop than Romo, Romo is automatically the better QB. That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard because, unfortunately for you, Eli is now a better quarterback than Tony Romo. Career stats don't really matter in this situation because anyone who says that Eli Manning has been great for the past few years is lying. Look at this year though. The guy has thrown a pick in only two games this season, compared to your savior Tony Romo who hasn't played a game yet without throwing a pick. I don't understand what it takes to make Cowboys fans realize that that is not good. Eli completes just as many passes at Romo, the difference between the two is that Eli does not give the other team the ball.

If you want to see a QB who is significantly better than Tony Romo, look at Aaron Rodgers. Going by stats (because that's the only way Romo looks like a good QB), Rodgers has more attempts, more completions, a higher completion percentage, more TDs, less INTs, and more passing yards. That's not even including last week when Romo didn't even play. You like to play the stat game so tell me how Tony Romo is better than Aaron Rodgers.

And yes, Romo is still in his rookie stage. Under pressure the kid gets scared and everyone outside of Dallas can see it. The guy needs work big time. Hopefully the coaches aren't as blind to their team's problems as you are. If they are then you guys are in for a looooong season.

Delusional Cowboys fans piss me the fuck off.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
A Cowboys fan telling me I don't have a clue about the NFL.

You're trying to tell me that because it took Eli longer to develop than Romo, Romo is automatically the better QB. That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard because, unfortunately for you, Eli is now a better quarterback than Tony Romo. Career stats don't really matter in this situation because anyone who says that Eli Manning has been great for the past few years is lying. Look at this year though. The guy has thrown a pick in only two games this season, compared to your savior Tony Romo who hasn't played a game yet without throwing a pick. I don't understand what it takes to make Cowboys fans realize that that is not good. Eli completes just as many passes at Romo, the difference between the two is that Eli does not give the other team the ball.
Again with the consistant horseshit you throw out there and "hope" is right. Eli Manning THIS season(his best to date) is completing 61.4% of his throws to Romo's 64% and he's thrown 2 TD's to 1 INT so far this season. Of course Romo is sitting at almost 3 TD's to each INT.

Romo didn't throw a pick in the Arizona game either.

Of course the QB rating for both players is night and day in it's difference. Manning is having a career year with his QB rating sitting at 88.9 while Romo is having an above average year at 103.5.

Just admit you don't know shit and save me the trouble of making Eli look even more ridiculous. Hell. Pick another player to compare to Romo. There stats might actually compare favourably.

Quote:
If you want to see a QB who is significantly better than Tony Romo, look at Aaron Rodgers. Going by stats (because that's the only way Romo looks like a good QB), Rodgers has more attempts, more completions, a higher completion percentage, more TDs, less INTs, and more passing yards. That's not even including last week when Romo didn't even play. You like to play the stat game so tell me how Tony Romo is better than Aaron Rodgers.
103.5 to Rodgers 98.8 QB rating. Ooooh and my favourite stat Romo's YPA is 8.4 to Rodgers 7.5

But seeing as this is Rodgers first season as a starter. I would prefer to give him the full season benefit of the doubt before arguing that he is as good or better then an established QB. I didn't truly argue that Romo was "top five" or any of that shit until he completed his first full season as a starter last year.

Quote:
And yes, Romo is still in his rookie stage. Under pressure the kid gets scared and everyone outside of Dallas can see it. The guy needs work big time. Hopefully the coaches aren't as blind to their team's problems as you are. If they are then you guys are in for a looooong season.

Delusional Cowboys fans piss me the fuck off.
He's had to make this O-Line look infinitely better then it actually is since he has become a starter. Of course you get a bunch of delusional idiots who then consider it the best Line in all the world until they watch the backup go out there and look like he's running for his life. Deadslow got sacked to the shithouse behind basically the same line. Romo makes the line look good. Johnson gets a few starts and basically has to play out of the shotgun just to give him an opportunity to complete his passes for an entire game.

P.S You find me a QB in the NFL who can perform with the kind of pressure that Romo was getting in the playoff game against the Giants. Farve was put off the following week and then Brady was smashed during the Superbowl.

Are they both in there rookie stage?

Old 27 Oct 2008, 12:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Again with the consistant horseshit you throw out there and "hope" is right. Eli Manning THIS season(his best to date) is completing 61.4% of his throws to Romo's 64% and he's thrown 2 TD's to 1 INT so far this season. Of course Romo is sitting at almost 3 TD's to each INT.
Who said anything about completion percentages? Look at completions.

Quote:
Romo didn't throw a pick in the Arizona game either.
Sorry. All but one.

Quote:
Of course the QB rating for both players is night and day in it's difference. Manning is having a career year with his QB rating sitting at 88.9 while Romo is having an above average year at 103.5.
If you think QB ratings are that accurate a description of a player's talent, then you're wrong.

[quote]103.5 to Rodgers 98.8 QB rating. Ooooh and my favourite stat Romo's YPA is 8.4 to Rodgers 7.5

But seeing as this is Rodgers first season as a starter. I would prefer to give him the full season benefit of the doubt before arguing that he is as good or better then an established QB. I didn't truly argue that Romo was "top five" or any of that shit until he completed his first full season as a starter last year.[/qupte]
But check this out. Aaron Rodgers has completed 145 passes. He's passed for 1,668 yards. Romo has completed 128 passes for 1,689. That's not counting the weeks that Romo didn't play. Like you said, Rodgers is a first-year starter.

Quote:
He's had to make this O-Line look infinitely better then it actually is since he has become a starter. Of course you get a bunch of delusional idiots who then consider it the best Line in all the world until they watch the backup go out there and look like he's running for his life. Deadslow got sacked to the shithouse behind basically the same line. Romo makes the line look good. Johnson gets a few starts and basically has to play out of the shotgun just to give him an opportunity to complete his passes for an entire game.
Your o-line is not your problem. Your quarterback doesn't know where to move to in the pocket.

Quote:
P.S You find me a QB in the NFL who can perform with the kind of pressure that Romo was getting in the playoff game against the Giants. Farve was put off the following week and then Brady was smashed during the Superbowl.

Are they both in there rookie stage?
The thing is, Romo didn't perform well with that kind of pressure which is why they lost. I really don't know what you're trying to prove with that.