ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NBA 2008-2009 Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2008, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default NBA 2008-2009 Season

Hell yeah I'm excited! GINOBILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...out for 2 months but watch out he'll be back healthy and well rested for another title run...never count out the Spurs...

Anyway...I love this time of the year...football in midseason form...basketball just about to get started...

Preview your favorite team...or predictions or whatnot...

I guess not a lot of BB fans on here...so we'll just have this official thread throughout...unless a BIG game happen then we'll have some nice discussion threads later...

Ok...fire away...
Old 26 Oct 2008, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Atlantic:
Celtics
76'ers
Raptors
Nets
Knicks

Central:
Cavaliers
Pistons
Bulls
Bucks
Pacers

Southeast:
Magic
Heat
Hawks
Wizards
Bobcats

Pacific:
Lakers
Clippers
Suns
Warriors
Kings

Northwest:
Jazz
Trail Blazers
Nuggets
Timberwolves
Thunder

Southwest:
Hornets
Spurs
Rockets
Mavericks
Grizzlies

Eastern Conference Finals:
Celtics over Pistons

Western Conference Finals:
Hornets over Lakers

NBA Finals:
Hornets over Celtics
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

The "premiere games" were boring to watch...a little bit disappointed as I was watching the games...
Old 29 Oct 2008, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

If the Piston's don't at least get back to the finals, that group is done.

Honestly thought I think this year's title is LA's to lose.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 01:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

The Spurs need Ginobili badly...there's no one to "close" the game for them...

32 from Duncan...32 from Parker...but still can't get it done...

The Warriors...as I was expected...will be in a lot of close games this season...they are up there with the best...however won't be able to "close" out games and eventually not enough to do anything this season...just like the game against the Hornets tonight...But very entertaining game nonetheless...
Old 30 Oct 2008, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Spurs are too old. Time to hang it up..
Old 30 Oct 2008, 02:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

^Experienced...

Tim Duncan is 32...he has 3-4 good years left...

Ginobili is 31...he has 4-5 good years left...and he is going to comes back healthy AND rested for the first time in a long time...

Tony Parker is 26...he has 9-10 good years left...

That the big 3 of the Spurs...tell me where is the "they are too old"?

Okay...here's something else...

The Suns big 3: Steve Nash is 34...Shaq is 36...Amare 26...average older than the Spurs'

Dallas: Dirk is 30...J-Kidd is 35...J Howard is 28...average older than the Spurs'

Houston: Yao is 28...Ron Artest 28...T-mac 28...average just 1 year younger than the Spurs'

Lakers: Kobe is 30...P. Gasol is 28...Odom is 29...average about the same age as the Spurs'

You get the point...or should I continue?...
Old 30 Oct 2008, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

LMAO at the hack a Shaq like five seconds into the game.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 01:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Maybe AI is THE ANSWER for the Detroit huh Spear...
Old 03 Nov 2008, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
Maybe AI is THE ANSWER for the Detroit huh Spear...
I doubt it. The only good thing is we get a shit-ton of cap space at the end of the season. Looks like Joe is gearing up for the future.

As for right now, we get Rasheed Wallace with a temper problem, and AI with a ball handling problem. This is going to be just failtacular.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Well...they weren't going to go that deep in the playoffs this season anyway...or so I believe...I mean they will probably finished 2nd or 3rd seed once again...maybe sneak into the Easter Conference Finals..and that is that...so apparently changes need to be made...

One thing though...they need to develop Stuckey...that kid could have plenty of potentials...
Old 03 Nov 2008, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

One thing I think needs to be noted is that we're most likely going to end up signing McDyess back.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
One thing I think needs to be noted is that we're most likely going to end up signing McDyess back.
He did says he won't play for the Nuggets...he'd rather retired... I don't blame him at all...

Anyway...I think I have mentioned it somewhere that Jason Max should get the starting job...I think if he gets starter minutes he is ahead of McDyess at this point of their career...
Old 03 Nov 2008, 06:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
He did says he won't play for the Nuggets...he'd rather retired... I don't blame him at all...

Anyway...I think I have mentioned it somewhere that Jason Max should get the starting job...I think if he gets starter minutes he is ahead of McDyess at this point of their career...
There is one way where I'd absolutely love this trade.

LeBron.

Yes, that's right. Should he opt out of his contract in 2010, the Pistons now have a completely legit shot at James. Hell they may even be in the lead now. Think about it. The Nets to Brooklyn deal is falling apart. The Knicks are still the Knicks. Detroit doesn't offer glittering lights and whatnot, but one thing we DO offer is a legitimate shot at the title with a GM who will put in a good head coach who will work with James, and will surround James with a fantastic supporting cast.

Rip Hamilton. Tayshaun Prince. Rodney Stuckey, J-Max, Amir Johnson. That's a lineup with two, potentially three all-stars already. You add LBJ to the mix and that's a championship waiting to happen, and a really scary team for years to come. Not to mention LBJ's advisor is also employed by Rip and now Piston AI.

Last edited by Spear; 03 Nov 2008 at 10:14 PM.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 10:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

No Skins theme this week....

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote