ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NFL 2008-09 Week 8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2008, 02:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default NFL 2008-09 Week 8

Almost the half way point of the season...time to separate the pretenders from the contenders...

Chargers/Saints/Europe...last season NYG went to Europe got the W and went on to win the SB...can it happen again for LT...Brees?...highly doubt it...but anything can happen especially in the NFL...

Can the best defensive player on the best defensive team ever turn the Niners season around?...doubt it but any change is good right about now in Niners land...

Last season right about this time Peyton and Brady were fighting to be undefeated...this season can Peyton bounce back from a terrible game last week and stop the Titans streak and end the lone undefeated team in the league?...doubt it...but should be a real test for Titans this week...
Old 26 Oct 2008, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I am convinced that the Lions are a decent team plagued by horrid coaching.

Seriously. Calvin Johnson, our best receiver, has TWO...count em....TWO catches, all fucking game long. One of them was a TD luckily, but my god. This is a guy who should be getting at LEAST five catches a game. Kevin Smith, who everytime he touches the ball while I'm watching impresses me, has fucking four rushing attempts. What the hell is that? You draft this guy high, get him plenty of play time in the pre-season, and only rush him four times in a game during the regular season? I know that the receivers are the strong point of that offense, but my god.

Whoever is our GM for next season NEEDs to overhaul the coaching staff. Clean house. Fire everyone. Bring in a guy who can coach. Someone who's proven himself before.

I'm also convinced that Dan Orlovsky can be an NFL level QB. His play hasn't been outstanding, but I think if you bring in a good QB coach, he can improve. He's got a good solid base. From what I see, he makes smart throws. Doesn't make too many mistakes (other than running out of the endzone ). I'd like to see what he can bring to the table next year.

And for the love of god, someone give that defense CPR.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Big win over Buffalo...also a huge day for Ted Ginn.

Looks like Pennington and Ginn are starting to develop a good sense of timing with each other. I hope to see this progress over the next few weeks and Ted really begin to blossom into the receiver I know he can be.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

thank god
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Fuck...I need a new TV just broke the fucker when JT fucking turn over in the red zone O'sullivan strikes again....
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

So close...

Ugh that sucked
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1zJeGf-gpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1zJeGf-gpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2008, 04:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

...and the Panthers get the game handed to them by the refs.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 04:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Also looking at the Leage Leaders I see Peezy sits atop the NFL sack count with 10.5 sacks through 7 games which actually ties his previous career high. He's averging 1.5 sacks per game and if he can keep that production up he'll likely be taking the single-season sack record from Michael Strahan and DPOTY.

xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 04:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post
This have got to be Glue's favorite picture...
Old 27 Oct 2008, 12:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Fire Cotrell. Promote Rivera. Get that defense fixed. It's embarrassing to see talented players being put in positions to not make plays.

BTW, anybody else catch Singletary's press conference? Good times ahead man, gonna see some classics.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Singletary shows displeasure after pulling O'Sullivan, kicking Davis off bench

AN FRANCISCO -- Mike Singletary put his stamp on his coaching debut for the San Francisco 49ers, benching turnover-prone quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan in the second quarter and then sending volatile tight end Vernon Davis to the locker room with more than 10 minutes remaining Sunday.

"I told him that he would do a better job for us right now taking a shower and coming back and watching the game than going out on the field," Singletary said after the 34-13 loss to Seattle. "Simple as that."

The confrontation with Davis started after Davis was called for an unnecessary roughness penalty for slapping a Seahawks defender's head after a tackle on a 7-yard reception in the third quarter.

Davis tried to avoid his coach as he ran to the sideline but Singletary got in his face and gave him an earful before sending him to the bench. Singletary said he was upset by what he considered a nonchalant attitude by Davis, who did not seem to understand why his coach was so upset.

Singletary later walked over to talk to Davis on the bench, yelling some more at the former No. 6 overall pick in full view of his teammates. Then with 10:41 remaining in the game, Singletary went back to Davis and told him to go to the locker room. Davis started walking before being called back to get his helmet. He then waved his helmet at the crowd as he left.

"I'd rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team," Singletary said. "It is more about them than it is about the team. Cannot play with them, cannot win with them, cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win."

Davis disputed the call, saying he just tapped Brian Russell's facemask and did not deserve a penalty. He said Singletary just told him to be smart on the field and had no problem with the banishment.

"Coach Singletary told me to go sit down, and after a while, he told me to just take a shower and take it in," Davis said. "He's a good coach. Coach Singletary is an emotional guy, just like myself. He wants to win, and I did exactly what he told me to do. He is the head coach and I listen to him. He just told me to come in and I went in."

Former coach Mike Nolan pulled Davis out of a game earlier this year but did not send Davis to the locker room. Last month at New Orleans, Davis made a 19-yard catch with 6:20 remaining for his only reception in a 31-17 loss and pounded his chest and yelled loudly.

Davis came to San Francisco with much hype after being drafted sixth overall in 2006. But he has failed to live up to expectations, making just 72 catches his first two seasons. He had four catches for 29 yards Sunday, giving him 16 receptions for 196 yards in eight games this season.

Davis wanted to talk to his coach, but Singletary advised against it.

"I told him he did not want to talk to me," Singletary said. "I assured him, 'You do not want to talk to me right now.'"

In the second quarter, Singletary benched O'Sullivan after he threw an interception that was returned by Josh Wilson 75 yards for a touchdown. That was O'Sullivan's second turnover of the game and 17th of the season.

Shaun Hill, who won his only two career starts last season, played the rest of the way, going 15-for-23 for 173 yards, a touchdown and no turnovers.

Singletary said he would wait before deciding whether O'Sullivan and Davis would get their starting jobs back after the bye week.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

That's right...bench the turn over machine...start Hill...Our season is fucked right now...but I'm looking forward to the future...hell yeah...attitude is exactly what needed in Niners land...
Old 27 Oct 2008, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Fire Cotrell. Promote Rivera. Get that defense fixed. It's embarrassing to see talented players being put in positions to not make plays.
I totally agree.

Our defense looked like shit but our offense was alright for the most part and Rivers was making some good passes,I slept in so I missed half the game but after I woke up and saw the score I was like, "I woke up for this?".

As much as I love the Chargers they do tend to dissapoint me and this season has been a bit rough,thank god we have a bye week so maybe they can try and get their shit together.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

The Raiders offense looked intimidated by the Ravens defense. It was fucking pathetic. Both our OT's are like turnstiles. DE's just go right through them. The WR's are horrible. They can't get no separation from CB's. Most these bums wouldn't be no better than a 5th WR on most other teams. Kirk Morrison needs to be moved to OLB. We need more of a run-stuffing MLB. Rob Ryan needs to be shown the door. I hated this guy from the first year we hired him and he tried to install the 3-4 defense. Only game I think we still have a chance of winning is against KC. Another 3-13 seaon, another Top 5 pick. I find myself only watching games now to see if McFadden will break a long TD run or take a screen pass to the house and how many QB's challenge Nnamdi Asomugha.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 02:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

Titans convinced me...they are for real...I don't care what people say whether they have a weak schedule or whatnot...7-0 is 7-0...

They stopped the Colts twice on 4th down attempts...good D = good team...

They did it as a team...which once again should confirm Fisher for Coach of the year...if they could finish strong the second half...