ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Comcast discriminated against NFL Network...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2008, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Comcast discriminated against NFL Network...

Quote:
FCC rules that Comcast discriminated against NFL Network
Oct 11, 5:23 pm EDT
Yahoo! Sports

More NFL Videos WASHINGTON (TICKER) —The NFL got the upper hand in its long-standing feud with Comcast late Friday, as the Federal Communications Commission ruled that the league’s network should be carried on the cable giant’s popular expanded digital tier of service.

The FCC stated that Comcast discriminated against the NFL Network by only choosing to place the channel on its special sports package that customers had to pay extra for each month.

Comcast argued that it did not place the NFL Network on its expanded digital service because its did not want to charge millions of subscribers upwards of $1 a month for a station they may not want.

However, Comcast does include such fringe sports channels as Versus and the Golf Channel on its expanded digital service - networks that the cable giant owns.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Comcast has 24.6 million customers.

The FCC’s ruling will now go for a 60-day review in front of an administrative law judge, who may force Comcast to carry the NFL Network at a set price.

The NFL Network, which is in 42 million homes nationwide but mainly through satellite systems, filed a complaint against Comcast in May.

The dispute originated in 2006, when the NFL wrapped up a its long-term media rights deals with CBS, NBC, FOX, ESPN and DirecTV. Comcast was one of the suitors for a deal, aiming to use a package to build up Versus.

Although Comcast reportedly offered $400 million for a package of eight late-season games, the NFL rejected the offer, opting to use the series of games to build its own network.

The NFL believes that Comcast’s decision to keep it off the cable giants’ extended digital service was retaliation for the lack of a deal, and that Comcast would only add the network if it gained a piece of the profits.

The FCC agreed with that point late Friday, stating that “the NFL has presented sufficient evidence to make a prima facie showing that Comcast indirectly and improperly demanded a financial interest in the NFL’s programming in exchange for carriage.”
Now you all know I love The N. Now certainly The League doesn't have the discrimination case that it had against Comcast, but at the heart of the matter, I don't think that really matters.

The N is on every dish provider, and will most likely soon be on every Comcast package. Time frigging Warner can't tell anyone that those chumps are able to afford to put The N on the basic package while they can't...I mean the idea in and of itself is just unbelievable hogwash.

Hopefully, this is one step closer to all viewers being able to partake in the greatness that is the NFL Network. I wish you all Godspeed in this endeavour...and trust me...reruns of America's Game alone make The N better than 95% of all the other stations you already get.

Go Rog!! On to Time Warner!! Extinguish the bitchassness and bring The N to ALL!!!!!!!~!

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2008, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I wonder if we'll have a shit-ton of commercials regarding the matter like we did with the mess that was the big ten network.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Hopefully Cox Cable will do the same shit and save me $5 on my cable bill during football season.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2008, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's on comcast hidef out here, so it's no biggie for me. But it was also in our regular digital package, and on the sports package, so I got that shit X3...wtf? Maybe I need to go over my bill soon.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote