ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cedric Benson back to NFL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2008, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Cedric Benson back to NFL

It only makes sense that the BENGALS sign him...a couple arrests...look like a prime suspect...I mean prime candidate for the RB job in Cincy...

Just playing with ya Kurt...here is the story anyway...

Bengals add former Bears running back Benson to backfield

CINCINNATI -- Running back Cedric Benson signed Tuesday with the Cincinnati Bengals, who needed another runner and were undeterred by two alcohol-related arrests in Texas that prompted the Chicago Bears to let him go.

Cedric Benson

Benson

Benson will take the spot of running back DeDe Dorsey, who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday after hurting his hamstring in a 20-12 loss to Cleveland. Chris Perry is Cincinnati's starting running back.

Benson was Chicago's first-round pick in the 2005 draft out of Texas. He started 12 games for the Bears from 2005-07, running for 1,593 yards and 10 touchdowns.

He missed five games with an ankle injury last season, but had a career-high 674 yards. Benson was arrested in May on charges of boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest, and again in June on a drunken driving charge in Austin, Texas.

Two grand juries in Travis County, Texas, declined to indict Benson on the charges last week, ending the cases.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Old 01 Oct 2008, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

That's good news for Cincinnati. Benson is a solid RB who could eventually be a great one. The team just has to hope that he's straightened out. A lot of people assumed he would never play again. ESPN showed him as "Former NFL Running Back".
Old 03 Oct 2008, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

"The Bengals were undeterred by Benson's two alcohol-related arrests..."

I know, right?? As long as he's not dealing pot, breaking into people's cribs and/or shooting at people, they're okay with it in Cinci...finally Benson finds a team more desperate for an NFL runner than he is for that NFL paycheck.

But yeah...speaks volumes that Cinci resigned Chris Henry and then signed this guy. Yeah, that's a classy franchise for you.

I also love the "They were undeterred..." line. I'll tell you what I would be deterred by...the fact that the guy started crying when he was picked, and continued to cry for as long as he was on camera.

I mean...come on...you're the fourth overall pick...from Texas...going to play for Papa Bear Halas and Ditka's team...and you're crying??!

Yeah, I had some questions about what kind of player/man he'd make then and there...and last I checked, they've been answered...he sucks balls and he's a degenerate.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
That's good news for Cincinnati. Benson is a solid RB who could eventually be a great one. The team just has to hope that he's straightened out. A lot of people assumed he would never play again. ESPN showed him as "Former NFL Running Back".
You've watched him play since he got drafted out of Texas, right??

I know I have and having done so, I have no idea where the fuck you got the idea that he was even halfway mediocre, let alone "solid...who could be great."

Seriously Sammy...Benson's a piece of crap. Ryan Leaf QBs better than Benson runs. I mean...did I miss the sarcasm tags or something?

I'd take Rudi, that bust RB from Michigan and that other scrub Cinci has ALL DAY before trying out Benson.

Good news for Browns fans, though. Cinci missed out on Shaun Rogers, and they hit dead solid perfect on Benson. That's one win that the Brownies can now count on for this year.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 03 Oct 2008, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
You've watched him play since he got drafted out of Texas, right??

I know I have and having done so, I have no idea where the fuck you got the idea that he was even halfway mediocre, let alone "solid...who could be great."

Seriously Sammy...Benson's a piece of crap. Ryan Leaf QBs better than Benson runs. I mean...did I miss the sarcasm tags or something?

I'd take Rudi, that bust RB from Michigan and that other scrub Cinci has ALL DAY before trying out Benson.

Good news for Browns fans, though. Cinci missed out on Shaun Rogers, and they hit dead solid perfect on Benson. That's one win that the Brownies can now count on for this year.

Late.
I thought Benson's career was done.....but I also thought that Jamal Lewis's career was over too....

So I'll wait and see.....my expectations are beyond low, but if Cinci managed to pick up a top 4 pick on the cheap....rock on.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2008, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Jamal's career may indeed be done...

But Benson...shit, that cat couldn't buy hisself over the 2.8 YPC line...and Jamal's a Hall of Famer, allbeit as a Ratbird.

But yeah...Benson sucks. You guys deserve better, and you know I don't think you guys deserve much...

Late.

Old 03 Oct 2008, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
I thought Benson's career was done.....but I also thought that Jamal Lewis's career was over too....

So I'll wait and see.....my expectations are beyond low, but if Cinci managed to pick up a top 4 pick on the cheap....rock on.
I hear Akili Smith and Peter Warrick are still available...

Late.