ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Merriman out for the season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2008, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Merriman out for the season

Merriman to miss season after undergoing surgery

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman's season is over after trying to play the season opener Sunday with two torn knee ligaments.

The Chargers announced Merriman is being placed on injured reserve to undergo total reconstructive knee surgery that will include the repair of his lateral collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments.

"Shawne informed me he did not feel right [on the field] and thought it best to shut it down," said Chargers general manager A.J. Smith. "The road to winning the AFC West just got more difficult, but not impossible. Nothing is impossible. Shawne is a great player and an inspirational leader. He will be missed. We wish him a successful surgery and a speedy recovery."

The knee problem dates back to the end of the 2007 season.

Merriman has tears in both the posterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his left knee, which he hurt in a game at Tennessee in December. After seeking outside opinions, four doctors told Merriman he needed surgery, but there "just wasn't a time frame on that. My knee still looks pretty good. The decision was left up to me to play. If you give a football player a decision to play, you know, I'm going to play."

Before the season started, Merriman decided to play rather than have his damaged left knee repaired.

"To be as simple as possible, I just want to play football," Merriman said previously. "That's what it comes down to. I know what's on the table, I know what's on the line. I put a lot of work in this and I want to play."

He'll likely be looking at a rehab of six to seven months.

With his nonstop energy and spasmodic sack dance, the player known as "Lights Out" has been the face of the Chargers' defense the past three seasons. He has 39 sacks in that span, more than any other NFL player. He's played in three straight Pro Bowls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit ESPN.com

After thinking about it I thought he should've got it done and now I'm glad he is getting it done,I'd rather him miss a season than risk his entire career.

Thoughts?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Good decision on his part. Bad for the Chargers this year, but much better for their future.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I guess after that game winning drive our pathetic D gave up on Sunday, he decided it wasn't worth the risk. I can't say I blame him.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2008, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Shawne really shouldn't have let it get this far. Good idea for him to shut it down and get cut on...but this is a decision he should've come to before trying to take the field. I understand he's a gamer and he knows the window is only open for so long, but this is the right decision.

A wise man once said that the easy decision and the right decision are usually two different things.

This has got to suck for Charger Fans, but if Shawne's replacement for this year is HALF the defender he is, then the Chargers should be allright.

And remember that the Chargers started out last year in the most woebegotten of fashions...I'd be lying if I said I didn't write them off after that pasting they took at the hands of the Pats...but they still made it to the AFC Championship Game.

The 2007 Chargers and Giants are reminders that the season is in fact, 16 games long.

Keep your head up.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote