ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

If Millen haters needed more ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2008, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default If Millen haters needed more ammo...

Quote:
NFL Insider: Lions raise eyebrows with contract extension for ex-Brown Leigh Bodden
by Tony Grossi
Saturday July 26, 2008, 9:01 PM
Chuck Crow/The Plain Dealer
Leigh Bodden's interest in a big raise may have helped fuel his move to Detroit.

Who's the better player -- Shaun Rogers or Leigh Bodden?
More to the point, which player would you pay more?

The Detroit Lions traded Rogers, a former Pro Bowl player at the premium position of defensive line, partly because they didn't want to pay him $17 million over the next three years of his existing contract.

So they shipped Rogers to the Browns for a third-round draft pick and Bodden.

This week the Lions gave Bodden a four-year contract extension that bumps his 2008 compensation higher than Rogers was scheduled to earn.

Bodden's new deal reportedly will tack on $2 million to his scheduled '08 salary and bonus package of $2.7 million -- for a total of $4.7 million.

Rogers was scheduled to earn $4.25 million in '08 under terms of his Detroit contract.

Not many teams would be willing to pay a good but not great cornerback more than a Pro Bowl defensive lineman, but the Lions made that choice. Rogers is 29. Bodden will be 27 in September.

Rogers, of course, signed his own contract extension after joining the Browns. The Browns tacked on about $25 million and three years to Rogers' existing deal and rewrote the '08-'10 seasons to guarantee him $23 million. But that's another story.

The Lions' new deal with Bodden -- reportedly totaling $27 million over four years -- sheds more light on the Browns' haste to trade him.

Besides having a sub-par year in 2007, Bodden was becoming disenchanted with his contract situation. He still had two years to go on a $12 million contract the Browns gave him following the 2005 season, his breakout year.

When Bodden's agent couldn't extract a new deal from the Browns, Bodden switched agents and basically talked his way off the team.

"It's something I wanted in Cleveland," Bodden told the Detroit News after receiving his new contract this week. "I wanted to end my career with a long-term deal."

Bodden's new contract, which reportedly includes an $8.6 million option bonus in March, lifts his compensation into the top 15 among NFL cornerbacks. He's come a long way from being undrafted out of Duquesne and running down punts for the Browns.

It was the Browns' misfortune that the effect of Bodden's departure was exacerbated by the season-ending knee injury to Daven Holly in May. They remain short-handed in experience at cornerback.

Yes, Bodden would look good in the Browns' secondary today. But the acquisition of Rogers, along with fellow lineman Corey Williams, has given the defense a new energy that is fueling the optimism of the entire team.

The Browns would make the trade again, any day. So would most other teams.
LMAO...5-6 picks a year mixed in between games chock full of blown coverage...and they pay him more than someone who'se actually been to the Pro Bowl.

I'll bet Rogers ends the season with more picks than Leigh does...

Millen's such an idiot...paying Bodden Top 15 money??!

I can understand thinking he can get a lot out of a guy who has underachieved his entire career...and by that I mean Bodden, not Rogers...but to pay Bodden the money he didn't want to pay Rogers is just stupid.

Good luck Spear. I hope you can finally get that moron fired this year so you can start to rebuild.

Oh yeah...and Ricky Rodriguez wanted to give the #1 to some scrub...and then he got a call from the AD telling him that Braylon Edwards has to approve any player wearing that number going forward or they lose his endowment...

Good luck, kiddo.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2008, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I've lost feeling with the Lions. They could give Johnny Unitas a 60 million dollar contract and I really wouldn't care.