ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Baseball fans...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2008, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Baseball fans...

I've noticed a lack of baseball talk around here outside of the Barry Bonds case. My Marlins are finally only a half game behind the Phillies and Mets for first. I can't believe the young kids and how good they are as a team. All we basically have are power hitters. Uggla, Ross, Cantu, Hermida, Ramirez. All of them just hit the ball out of the park when we need them to and even when we don't. Our struggle is defensively. We have way too many errors, especially in our infield.

Please just talk about baseball. Thanks.
Old 20 Jul 2008, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Hideo Nomo recently retired. I remember his no hitter with the Red Sox. A Japanese baseball pioneer, not a Hall of Fame player but still pretty damn good. 1st Ballet Hall of Pretty Damn Good player. Almost reminds me of when Mike Mussina tried to throw a no hitter in Fenway Park. Carl Everett just ran up and smashed that motherfucker's dreams with one strike to go. He was like "fuck that, dinosaurs never existed and neither did that no hitter." Then they played the Mission Impossible theme.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2008, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

People have been talking here about the Barry Bonds case?

Must'a missed it.

Baseball is really just boring. Training Camp opens Tuesday. That's what I've got on my mind right now.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue View Post
Baseball is really just boring
QFE.

Agreed with Glue...football IS the real AMERICAN pastime...

100 some odd games is just 100 some odd games too many...
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

It is a bit boring...Especially if your team is not doing great...

I've started to watch tennis a lot...

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

I watch way too much tennis...

Nadal/Federer match was one of the greatest match I've ever seen...

Sampras/Agasis U.S. Open match from a couple years ago caliber...

Safin is not a bad player...he just got to get his confidence back up...Aussie open a couple years ago he came out swinging...This year before he even plays against Fed. he admitted that he have no confidence of winning...what kind of attitude is that...

Thread went from baseball to tennis...classic pwf thread...Glue must be loving it...sports forum filled with soccer and tennis talks...
Old 21 Jul 2008, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.

He said he got a lot of confidence back after beating Novak, but I believe he said "To beat Federer, you need to be (Rafael) Nadal and run around like a rabbit and hit winners from all over the place" ....which he was right....

and Glue should be loving a certain movie right now...

Old 21 Jul 2008, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

The first Superbowl was played in 1967 whereas people have been watching the World Series since 1903. Football's the most popular sport in this country, I'll admit that, but baseball has tradition going for it.

A couple years ago, this site couldn't shut up about baseball. Now it's boring? Steph, if you still support the Yankees, then they're only 4.5 games out of first place, hardly a reason to give up on them and focus on two people hitting a ball back and forth at eachother while screaming "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" when shit doesn't go their way.

- Jadakiss
Old 21 Jul 2008, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

The Giants just dealt Durham to the Brewers yesterday.

I hope we sell off a few more old men.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2008, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The first Superbowl was played in 1967 whereas people have been watching the World Series since 1903. Football's the most popular sport in this country, I'll admit that, but baseball has tradition going for it.

A couple years ago, this site couldn't shut up about baseball. Now it's boring? Steph, if you still support the Yankees, then they're only 4.5 games out of first place, hardly a reason to give up on them and focus on two people hitting a ball back and forth at eachother while screaming "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" when shit doesn't go their way.

I didn't say I gave up on them, I just said it's hard to watch. I didn't say they were doing terrible, I just said they weren't doing great....With the money they spend, they should not be in the third place by the Rays.

Tennis is a nice change....It is not as boring, its faster, and it seems to be always on...I can't watch other MLB teams play anymore, and we only get a Yankee game every blue moon here in Cardinal country...

Old 21 Jul 2008, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Technically, I didn't say you gave up on them. I just said that wasn't a reason to give up on them. But yeah, you know what I meant and I know what you mean. Who's on first?

Really, I don't think anyone should realistically be behind the Rays, they're the red headed step child of the AL East, yet everyone in that division is behind them. They went from Devil Rays to Rays, they must be using solar energy to their advantage, plus their roster features a talented rookie by the name of Evan Longoria. How could they not win with Evan Longoria? That's my hardcore baseball analysis: solar energy + Evan Longoria = #1 spot for the Rays.

But trust me on this, Steph. The motherfucking Beantown Warriors are gonna take over that spot as if it belonged to them. Right now they're doing pretty well, just two games out, and that's without David Ortiz. David Ortiz, eh, he hurt his wrist, so we had to cancel his fucking contract. Right about now, he's doing alright, he's cool, he's pretty much playin whack-a-mole right now, makin minor league games look like batting practice, hittin a home run everyday. LMAO! That's another analysis... David Ortiz + Minor Leagues = Home Run, every single fuckin day.

The Angels swept the Sox the other day, they're doing great, should be a challenge once the playoffs starts. But we've got a secret weapon who is currently using minor league pitchers for motherfucking target practice and just waiting to return, so it's all good.

Yeah, baseball is slower than tennis. The way I see it, baseball's an athletic game, but it's more of an intellectual game, it's more about skill, strategy, and statistics. That's fuckin chess out there, except the people who play it aren't afraid of sunlight. Manny Ramirez is a fuckin chess player. A chess player who can hit balls really really hard. He studies his opponent, the pitcher. He watches his opponent's moves carefully, waits for the right time to make his move. And when he does make the move? I'm gonna have to quote Goodfellas here: fuck you, checkmate. You on a losing streak? Fuck you, checkmate. Oh, you hurt your precious little arm? Fuck you, checkmate. Your strikeout rate per 9 ninnings hasn't been so great lately? Motherfuck you, idiot bitch, checkmate. The next time you see Manny Ramirez hit a home run, you just might see his lips form the words "checkmate" while he's rounding the bases. Baseball is chess.

I know I took the time to hate on tennis earlier, but it's actually not that bad. I have experience as a tennis player, I used to play flash tennis games online during computer classes, world internet champion right here. It's a fun game, it's like playin catch except a little different and you're tryina see who's better. Pure competition. Maria Sharapova's pretty good.

- Jadakiss
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Yes, I would hope that David Ortiz would hit home runs in the minor leagues every single fucking day...

The same things you said about baseball being chess, can apply to tennis and most sports. Tennis players can hit the ball really hard, mind you they don't have a 41oz stick,they anticipate their opponent's moves,and they attack when the moment is right........and I wouldn't put that much stock into Manny being this great chest master...Might be the case for some/most guys, not Manny...

Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Padres are the worst team in the league right now.

Yet, I still support them all the way.

We did win earlier tonight which was nice and my boy Hoffy made the save.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Yeah, Manny's a slugger, but I had to represent the Sox with that analogy. Plus, he's not an idiot or anything, he's one of the best hitters of this generation. People like to talk about Manny Being Manny but just cuz he runs on autopilot doesn't mean he's an idiot. It's true that alot of sports are like chess. That's why players study tape and everything. Still, baseball appeals to that side more, since it's not as fast as basketball and your new sport, and not as physical as football and hockey.

- Jadakiss
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

I never said I suddenly stopped watching baseball and stopped supporting the Yankees. I just said....It's boring and I've started to watch tennis a lot....I don't watch baseball any more or less...Up until pretty much today, tennis was the only thing on because of my sleeping schedule.

and trust me, I know all about Manny....