ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Greatest Sport Moments of All Time Tourney Nominations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2008, 04:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default Greatest Sport Moments of All Time Tourney Nominations

So I thought of this to generate some traffics here in the sports section...but afraid it would not get much participations from you guys...but now that Jason put up a tourney in the Entertainment...I'm going to go ahead and give it a try...hopefully we can get more traffics in here...especially during the summer season where sports talks are very scarce...

So fire away with nominations...this could be from any sports...

Oh and since there's nothing I can do to show my appreciation...I will give out reps for those that came up with the nominations along with VIDEOS... Again VIDEOS would be great bonus!! Let's get going...
Old 05 Jul 2008, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

- Jordon's shot against Cleveland.
- Boone's HR against the red sox in the ALCS
- Red Sox winning the WS in 04
- "The Drive" (again sorry glue. )
- "The Catch"
- Bobby Orr's dive.
- Ray Bourque finally lifting the cup.

I got more but this is a quick list just to get some nominations up.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Eli Manning's "Great Escape" pass to David Tyree.

Eli Manning's go ahead TD pass to Burress in the Super Bowl.

Elway's "Helicopter" play when he scrambled in the Super Bowl.

Norwood wide right.

I second Aaron Boone's 9th inning HR that clinched the ALCS for the Yanks.

Mario Lemeuix's first goal after returning to hockey in 2000 or 2001 I think. For those who saw it and know hockey...it was actually breathtaking. The guy outlets to Jagr, the Pens streak down the ice and on the regular broadcast you could hear Mario call for the puck.

"JAGS!!"

Jagr sent a perfect pass over and Lemeiux beat the goalie like a 15 year old in a snuff flick. Shit was priceless.

I'll try to think of more so we have a broad field. Nice Tourney.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2008, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Here's what I came up with, not counting any of those since they're already posted...

- 1980 Olympics, United States beats Russia.
- Derek Redmond finishes his race in 1992 despite a torn hamstring, with the help of his father.
- Isiah Thomas leads the Pistons to victory in Game 6 of the 1988 NBA Finals despite a fractured ankle.
- Larry Bird steals the ball and passes it to Dennis Johnson to beat the Pistons in 1987.
- Down 0-1 for half the game against the Rangers, Valeri Zelepukin scores for New Jersey with less than 10 seconds left in the game to send it into overtime.
- With what could've been his last shot ever, Michael Jordan beats the Jazz in the 1998 Finals.
- Jordan's game winning shot against Georgetown in 1982.
- Keith Smart's game winning shot for Indiana against Syracuse in 1987.
- Reggie Miller's game winning shot against the Bulls in Game 4 in 1998.
- Joe Carter's walkoff in 1993.
- Kirk Gibson's walkoff in 1988.
- Carlton Fisk's walkoff in 1975.
- Joe Montana's Superbowl Drive in 1989.
- California beats Stanford, the band is on the field.
- Doug Flutie beats Miami in 1984 with Hail Mary.

In all honesty, I wish I had atleast a week to think about this, but since the nomination process has already started, there's mine and if I remember some moments that need to be included then I'll post again.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

As much as I loathe Duke, I gotta say Laettner's shot against Kentucky.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2008, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

If Mike didn't come back and play with the Wizards.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/djTlqpa5VjU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/djTlqpa5VjU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That last shot would've been the best moment in sports.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2008, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Bucky Dent
Jesse Owens

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2008, 01:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Trevor Hoffman becoming the all time save leader
The Padres winning their 4th game in a row with the score being 2-1(hey it was a great moment for me because I'm a pads fan and I was there to witness it)

That's all I have.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2008, 01:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

How about Hank breaking the all time HR record?
Also forgot Willie May's catch.
Dale Earnhardt finally wins the Daytona 500.

I'm trying to think up more hockey related ones to try to keep it well rounded.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 01:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I'm trying to think up more hockey related ones to try to keep it well rounded.
Yes...that what we need most...Keep it up Spear...

Also, the tourney won't start until Jason is done with the Entertainment tourney...so keep the nominations coming please...the more the better...keep it coming...
Old 07 Jul 2008, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

-Michael Jordan returns to the NBA to join rejoin the Bulls
-Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson
-Hulk Hogan Slams Andre the Giant
-Kurt Angle wins the gold medal with a broken freakin neck
-The Dream Team wins the gold in Men's Basektball in the 90s
-The Red Sox trade Babe Ruth to the Yankees
Old 07 Jul 2008, 02:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Steve Bartman giving us the series...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUIFE6WISY8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EUIFE6WISY8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07 Jul 2008, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

McGuire breaks the single season homerun record, and gets a hug from Sammy Sosa....steriods or not, it was a huge moment for baseball at the time.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
-Kurt Angle wins the gold medal with a broken freakin neck
Was he ever healthy, ever.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2008, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

- Wings - Avs brawls from 96-02
- Secretariat
- Wayne Gretzky becomes the all time point leader.
- Doug Flutie's hail mary.

...still trying to find more hockey moments.