ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Welcome back, now see ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2008, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Welcome back, now see ya

Quote:
Day after returning to practice, Bentley released

By James Walker

BEREA, Ohio -- The story of LeCharles Bentley and the Cleveland Browns took another odd -- and final -- turn Wednesday.

In what has been a bizarre situation from the very beginning, Bentley skipped practice this morning to ask for his release. The Browns granted it, just 24 hours after the team announced that he passed his physical and was cleared to rejoin the team.
There were good vibes coming from both sides Tuesday after Bentley practiced with the team for the first time in nearly two years.
"He asked for permission for his release and it was granted," Bentley's agent, Jonathan Feinsod said. "When LeCharles originally signed with the Browns, their situation is entirely different than it was today. Because of his injury, the Browns didn't know if and when he was going to come back and had to make alternative plans."
Apparently, Bentley has alternative plans, too.
Bentley was arguably one of the best centers in the NFL when healthy, and he didn't want to remain in Cleveland as a backup. He will be looking to sign with another team before the season where he has a better opportunity to be a starter.
After signing a six-year, $36 million contract in 2006, Bentley never saw a down in a Browns uniform after having two knee surgeries in the past two years. He tore his patellar tendon during the first day of training camp two years ago and needed a second surgery to clear out a subsequent staph infection.
"We wish him the best," Browns general manager Phil Savage said. "As far as LeCharles and the Browns, I think this is a chapter that finally comes to an end. We got some closure to it now, and we can go our separate ways in a positive manner."
After two years of an up-and-down relationship between Bentley and the team, both sides will look to move on.
"There is no animosity with the Cleveland Browns," Feinsod said. "They had to do what they had to do. They couldn't sit back and wait, and they didn't."
The Browns improved their offensive line in Bentley's absence and that helped them transform an inept offense into one of the league's powerhouses.
"It was a unique circumstance, in terms of him being a local icon, playing at St. Ignatius, Ohio State," said Savage, referring to Bentley's local high school and college teams. "It was going to be the trifecta in playing for the Browns. It just didn't work out."
I think this is hilarious. This guy was broken the entire time, finally get's cleared to come back, and immediatly ask's to be released. Any idea how much money this guy got for doing nothing? How could you even look anybody in the eye? Must have Sabonitis...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2008, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Yeah, lol.

The whole DA vs BQ thing has kinda fizzled and for a moment on Browns forums across the net, there was an uneasy peace.

Then Tuesday, everyone's fired up about LCB being back...BTW...if you get a chance, check out the guns on that guy...ridiculous...everyone's fired up about the depth we have on the O Line...and then BOOM.

LCB's gone and everyone hates each other again. Hilarious.

For the record, LCB was paid $16 million for the last two years he spent in Arizona.

Personally, I'm ambivalent. Yeah, I think he should've stuck this year out, but the guy was a Pro Bowler at two positions on the O Line before going down. In his own little world, he's been through hell of rehab, almost died because the Cleveland Clinic can't stop dealing out staph infections, and he deserves an opportunity to start.

The Browns were more likely than not going to cut him after this year anyway...unless of course he had to step in (due to injury) and completely owned, but would that really have happened?? Who knows.

Rumor is that he ran the 40 in about 7 seconds, so good luck to whoever signs him.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2008, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I wouldn't mind Miami signing him...if he doesn't pan out we're no worse off then we are now and if he does pan out our O-line would have the potential to be one of the best in the league.

J. Long J. Smiley S. Satele L. Bentley V. Carey

Put a rejuvinated Ricky Williams and a recovered Ronnie Brown behind them and I can honestly see Miami doing better then most analysts predict. I'm not saying playoffs or anything...that's a bit much...but I think we can win more then the 4 games that's being predicted.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
I wouldn't mind Miami signing him...if he doesn't pan out we're no worse off then we are now and if he does pan out our O-line would have the potential to be one of the best in the league.

Put a rejuvinated Ricky Williams and a recovered Ronnie Brown behind them and I can honestly see Miami doing better then most analysts predict. I'm not saying playoffs or anything...that's a bit much...but I think we can win more then the 4 games that's being predicted.
I could see that happening...if LCB returns to form, he'd instantly upgrade just about any team in the NFL.

But yeah...an upgraded offensive line took the Browns from 4 wins to 10, took Derek Anderson from goofy backup to the Pro Bowl, took Romeo Crennel from "Guy who is warming the chair for Bill Cowher" to Coach Of The Year material.

An upgraded O Line did all that. So yeah...I could see Miami making a stride or two next year. That would definitely piss off all the Bills "fans" around here, which would make me very very happy.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2008, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0 View Post

Imagine that. When was the last time we had a decent O-line?
Old 27 Jun 2008, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Imagine that. When was the last time we had a decent O-line?
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote